It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake??? in central NJ 2/2/2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Supposably there was an Earthquake in Central NJ last Nite about 2230. At least thats what local CBS reported on the 11'oclock news. There were many residents however, that said it felt like an explosion. Below is the article:

Morris County earthquake shakes residents, spares property
by The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk Tuesday February 03, 2009, 10:40 AM

A magnitude 3.0 earthquake that rocked several towns in Morris County Monday left no reported injuries or significant damage so far, authorities said.

But the quake left many residents shaken up after they felt the floors underneath them move and heard what sounded like an explosion.

www.nj.com...

Well I DO NOT beleive it was an Earthquake. Yah, I do beleive that the earth shook but why???

This is my first insert...been following site for about two years. Thanks for making me open and think for myself!

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hmmm - Another one that feels like an explosion -
We had one last week in SO cal. that also felt unnatural for an earthquake.
We thought it was a sonic boom.
Perhaps these recent uncommon placed quakes -
Kentucky, Tenn, Ohio, Oklahoma, NJ, Idaho, Indiana
Maybe they are not natural quakes at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was reading some blogs and there is a base nearby as well as mines underground.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRA1704
I was reading some blogs and there is a base nearby as well as mines underground.

Maybe this is what is really happening. I have read numerous blogs etc - of people talking about loud explosions - etc. Most of the time it will be listed as earthquake quarry in the USGS -

A quake that happened in Wyoming before the yellowstone swarms started was removed from the USGS listing and from my personal widget.
There could be some testing going on.

Edit to add -

There was a quake (?) out in the ocean that happened a couple or so weeks before the Northridge ca one - that one also felt like more of a hit than a rolling etc.
Loud and hard.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i was in the california '89 quake (in pleasant hill outside san fran) i think it was in the high 6's (6.9? i could be wrong) and of course the subsequent aftershocks...

there are several types of earthquakes of course, but none of these felt like "explosions"... felt more like the yard had turned into an angry sea, rising and falling fast enough that one second you'd be looking up at the front lawn and the next secong down at the street. that witness said he'd never been in an earthquake. i wonder if he's ever been near an explosion?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am in South Orange, which is about 15 miles away. I did not
notice it. However, friends and relatives did call to see if everything
was ok. So it did make some national news. Thanks for posting.
S + F.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, I gotta say, the second that came up I checked the coordinates of that quake on Google maps, and kinda scratched my head a bit.

The thought that a detonation of some kind had occurred crossed my mind.

3.0 quakes are not usually felt by humans, but in this case it may have been possible if people were directly over the epicenter, and this is indeed a populated area.

So that could be it, but I have been in an earthquake, and it certainly doesn't sound like an explosion. More like a freight train that gets louder and louder real fast and then you feel the shaking. There's a difference. It is weird, no doubt. Must be those dang reptilians burrowing again.

[edit on Tue Feb 3rd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've lived in northern cali for a few years, and have experienced 2 noticable earthquakes. Most the ones that happen I don't even feel. Can't really tell the difference in most of the smaller ones than if a big truck was driving by at a decent speed.

The first time it happened, I didn't realize it was an earthquake at all. It was a long rolling type of quake. I thought I was getting dizzy and sick like I was struggling to keep my balance. It wasn't until it was actually over that I realized what was going on. That was like right around a 4.

The last one we had, it took about 3 or 4 seconds to figure out what it was. They kind of take you by surprise. But it also seemed to be rolling. It was alot like being in a boat going over waves. That one was the 5.6.

I haven't been in one of the ones like the 89 quake which is like the violent up and down action. But none of the ones I've ever been in ever made me think explosion.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
gee didn't frogs and birds just die there too or something? just saying.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

not much else in the way of new.

perhaps the shaking was the state's blood pressure restabilizing after watching springsteen perform during the super bowl.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
maybe the moles are taking a beating........getting freaked out of their tunnels so to speak...

uk.youtube.com...
courtesy of "stray dog" films...

we know your down their...get out of our mantle and crust!

[edit on 3-2-2009 by welivefortheson]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
cos you know gravitational anomalies do seem to co incide with "alien bases" ,populations and operations.

we got that big old anomaly over area 51 etc,one over haarp and alaska.....alaska full of ais/grays....hence why they are the second most numerous visitors to this website.

mexico...chile both renowned for mass ufo sightings and such.....infact there is a direct link between ufo activity and gravitiational anomalies...cos their coming from under the ground!!!!

lets get em!

lets have another one!
uk.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There where 3 Earthquakes and sightings on UFO-like Red light at the same time. Check you-Tube for Red Lights in the Sky over New Jersey. I live on the Jersey Shore and one night, swear this is true. I was driving with my Husband down Ocean Ave. in Sea Bright and saw a Glowing Cloud coming off the shoreline, it cleared quickly and a Triangle shaped "UFO" was hovering up the coast very slowly. We where NOT the only ones to see it. Traffic came to a hault on Ocean Ave. A moment later it shot out over the Ocean. We FREAKED. it was pretty cool.
Sorry, that had nothing to do with Earthquakes, but there are Fault Lines on the Eastern Seaboard.

new topics

top topics

join