It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know WHY The World Is So Sick

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The only thing that doesn't sit well w/ me is the mixing of old souls and new souls. Since you compared a new soul to pre-k or kindergarten, we'll go w/ that. Is it logical to imply kindergarteners would be put in the same school(earth) w/ high schoolers?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've always felt like an old soul...and although obviously none of us remember our past lives completely...we can admit to deja vu qualities of life that have struck us as familiar no doubt.

I've always been amazed at how we all could be a mixture of new and old souls, as opposed to just being all new and or all old...seems more likely at this point that earth is pretty important if all is true.

Very exciting stuff to think about frankly.

Star and flag for bringing us something new and refreshing. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Not sure if this was in the original post (since I wanted to post this before I forgot, I have a tendency to do that) but if souls are reincarnated, then how do the souls know if they are spiritually mature?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

i believe past lives do affect us, but my view on deja vu (pun intended...weak though it was) is that when we experience it is signifying an event or one of the reasons we are back in a physical incarnation. As if we are telling ourselves, "Pay attention, this is one of the things you must work on to continue" not so much a vision of past life, though it can be construed in such a way, especially if the the individual has been working on that particular issue for a few incarnations.

Love and Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Greatly insightful thread OP!
And I was thinking, on the subject of indigo children etc. Perhaps they are like a stone thrown to deflect us from our current course considering the sheer number of mistakes from so many "new souls".

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I don't know how much of that I agree with. However it is well presented and something for an open mind to consider as possible.

Well written. As a christian I enjoyed reading that insight into your beliefs, thank you!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
even if this radical, without basis, "idea" were true, you are assuming that you understand how the "soul" works. you assume it ages. you assume its stamina runs low. you assume when souls inhabited humans. you just assume to much and there is absolutely nothing to back any of this. at most this is an imaginative thought that is just baseless.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I love the topic of this thead, it seems very plausible if you accept the initial 'truths' as the OP put it.

However I have a question regarding these 'Old Souls'. Is there a way to find out if you are indeed an 'Old Soul' other than realizing that you think with wisdom, compassion and fairness like the OP indicated.

Are there any traits or things to look for that might indicate that your an 'Old Soul' ?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271
From when I was only a small child, I used to view space as one would view the ocean. That there would be all sorts of organisms floating around, some incredibly dangerous, like a pool of sharks, others more exotic and beautiful, and a few who could communicate with us a similar way.

To me it was an amazingly beautiful and exciting place full of mystery and tales wanting to be told. A bubble of infinite potential.

Beautifully put. My brief experience with the afterlife from a severe accident in my 20's was very much like you describe. There was no strolling around as a biped on gold bricks, I was very much in a soup of souls. It was amazing.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think your making a lot of assumptions and I also think that your math is off.

You consider that the soul is like a ghost person that comes back with its memory essentially wiped over and over again. I suggest that isn't quite the case.

Also 3.7 billion brand new ? I think perhaps you don't account for "rest / repair" periods between incarnated cycles.

I am sure there are a lot of relatively fresh souls around, but I think saying as many as half the planet are completely fresh incarnates with no spiritual responsibility for their actions is a very dangerous path of self indulgence to allow yourself to go down.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Originally posted by die_another_day
The reason is actually,

Usually, dumb people are having too many children while smart people are not having more than 1-2 children, and the genes will flow accordingly.

[edit on 2/3/2009 by die_another_day]

Then surely the dumb people are the smart ones because they've increased the chances of their genes being passed on by having more kids ?

do you think overpopulation is good for this planet and all the organisms?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

It is because the wrong souls are in charge. The current system doesn't work, and it doesn't evolve well either.
The condition is so bad the system might need to be resetted.. unless a miracle happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There are supposed to be 12 dimensions.
The lower dimensions are materialistic, the higher ones are more ghostly like, that means that the lower you are the more you look like we look right now. The higher you are the more you look like a ghost, only energy.
The higher the dimension the higher the conciseness.
Souls reincarnate to learn and experience.
Once a soul is ready, he advances to a higher dimension.
Some souls with a higher conciseness come here to teach and help people.
New souls come from the source and start from the lower dimensions.
The source is what we call God.
We are in the 3rd dimension.
The ones in the 11th dimension created this dimension with thought, they made an experiment.
Many volunteered to forget what they already knew to try out this dimension.
New souls also live here meaning that there is a mix of new and old souls, that's why some meditate and help people while others harm them and kill for money.
On 2012 the ones ready will ascend to the 5th dimension. The rest will have a second chance and continue to have this lifestyle. The ones that ascended will have a new beginning.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I don't believe in "souls". When you speak of your soul what you, as a western individual, are referring to is your internal sense-of-self, your ego, if you will, that you developed within the first couple of years as a child. Your belief that your soul is eternal is based upon the fact that your ego awakening results in you understanding that there is a self and an external world. This is a primal thought. It was one of the very first you ever had. While, as an adult, you may intellectually grasp that physical world has existed for vast eons before you ever came into being, on a subconscious and emotional level the world and you began the moment you experienced that primal thought. Emotionally you have existed as long as the world has, which gives you the sense that you are somehow eternal. I used the word "western" in my first statement very deliberatly because the idea that a person has but one soul is a construct of western ideaology. Other cultures imagine souls very differnetly. Some of the aboriginal cultures thought that everything contained a soul, including inanimate objects like rocks. The !Kung bushman of Africa believe that every indivdual component of your body has its own soul, like your fingers and your ears and your tongue. While the concept of a soul is universal in basic human cultures, it's location and number are an open question.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Interesting thread. In my philosophy phase I read a couple of books on reincarnation. There were stories of young children who knew of homes they lived in other towns where they had never been. So, the kids were taken to the area, they knew they're way around, knew the streets and found the homes after explaining exactly what the home was going to look like. There were many more of these stories. Very strange indeed.

This would mean the soul would have mass, and when one died, the soul would depart to wherever, and at some point the particals would gather back together from who knows where. I like the idea. It could be some type of quantum wprld.

I know it seems like we live in a very sick world and to some extent we do, however, the Summerians weren't exactly nice people, The Mayans liked to sacrifice each other, Ghengas Khan was one bad mutha,along with his followers, The Chinese invented gunpowder, landmines automatic repeating firing weapons. Count Dracula,I forgot his real name ,was a blood thirsty man. The world is sick but the past was also, and today we have more charity than ever, I bet..............Peace and happy reincarnation. P.S. dont kill any animals or bugs , might be your reincarnated relative.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This thread has opened my mind even more to life
for the past few years i have been thinking about why we have Déjà vu and the significance of this event and have come up with many diff. explanations but then thinking them trough and i havent been able to come up with a new idea in over a year and your theory on souls has given me a new theory on why Déjà vu occors.
Thank You

[edit on 3-2-2009 by vteckillas937]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

To add to Reddupo's statement, what makes us think that time is linear in regards to a soul's past life? A soul may have a better learning experience in the past or the future and may therefore venture into a different time period/planet/plane of existence to learn the lessons of that realm...

Final issue I have is that you seem committed to the fact that every human has a soul. I'm skeptical of this. I sometimes wonder if a human without a soul is still a personality, just one that perishes in time. And if so, is the relationship symbiotic? Would souls add something beneficial to the human existence?

Obsidience

[edit on 3-2-2009 by obsidience]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I do not believe in reincarnation. We live once and when we die we face life in the heavenly realm....or the hellish realm if you so wish.

Have a nice day, and here is a blessing for everyone, when the page opens, click the link that says view full screen on the lower right of center:
www.e-water.net...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
While your thread has several intersting insights--- your forgetting the hypothosis that some of the new souls are actually old souls from other planets and civilizations- realities and dimensions. Thus- I do find them accountable for their dementedness and evilness. Goodness is a choice. To be selfish is second nature to mankind.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
well in my humble opinion i think we are all individuals and have no spiritual souls as some other commenter's put it.

we are a product of breeding and our environment, however i do believe we can realise a higher level of consciousness or being.

heaven or nirvana is within everyone you just have to let go of physical existence and possessions and realise what existence is. well this is just my take on it. but i know how it feels and how hard it is to let go of the thing we cherish.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join