It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know WHY The World Is So Sick

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Ah but you were claiming earlier that thinking was the source of the our problem and implying that mankind must stop.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

No actually I am not. I am merely pointing out the flaws in your statements.

Logic has nothing to do with this, but if it did, flaws are not in statements alone, they are in both the premise and conclusion, thus making the argument invalid.

Logic 101

And Valeri post is excellent BTW.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yet for all of that *your semantic posturing* it does not remove the flaws I pointed out.

And Valeri post is excellent BTW.

Because you agree with her *or him*.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Incidentally, one so blatantly dismissive of any counter argument regardless of content should not attempt to speak logic. Taking the short cuts of calling things illusion and etc is all well and good. It stands to you to explain it. Which is another thing I have noticed about the oneness collective. A great deal of egotism in their perception.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
And your seeking to be right in your posts.

Valeri post is excellent because their is no right or wrong. Like I said before words are meaningless and just labels, even though we need them to communicate.

A great deal of egotism in their perception.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Oh, you are a mind reader now? How praytell could I be seeking to be "right" as you think I am when I have no ideology to replace yours with and am merely pointing out the flaws in the one you present as fact? Sounds like you are projecting here. Especially in light of the fact I am not using evasion/distortion tactics.
And words aren't exactly meaningless either, the meaning is derived by and based upon the individual.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Valeri

Thank you for the high horsed response with subjective opinion dressed up as fact.
subjective, sure. And I did not present it as fact, because I did clearly state not to take my word for it. Do your own inner searching, do your own self-exploration nad introspection. I'm just the messenger, you can shoot me that's fine, but the message is what matters. I may have given the message in a manner as if it's fact, but the message itself IS WHAT IT IS, it doesn't change now does it? The information in the message isn't any less or more valuable if one takes it as fact or not. The infromation and it's level of truth remains the same.

Take God for ex, no matter how many people take it as fact that there is an omnipotent entity separate from us, who created everything and everyone and who has these 10(nice round number too) rules to go by and who has his own bestselling book published with all this neat info(bible) and who decides after you die whether you were competent and "good" enough to go to ''heaven''.If not, then ''hell''.
And ofcourse, on top of that very logical stuff(note the irony), God's opinion on whether a person was naughty or nice is totally OBJECTIVE, never mind that he is just one separate entity, with his own outlook on what's good or not. Never mind all that, he just can't be subjective like the rest of us. he is Always OBJECTIVE cause he's GOD.(insert sarcasm)

So you see the irrelevance of what people think of as fact or not... it doesn't change the truth of the matter. And the truth is there is no such separate omnipotent being who created everyone and decides upon anything after one dies.(religions all have this propaganda)

So it doesn't matter how I present the info, as fact or opinion, what matters is the MESSAGE.

As they say it's the message that counts, NOT the messenger.
Stop trying to personafy/individualize the message by attaching it to the messenger(me), the message has nothing to do with me.

Concentrate on the message. I said not to take MY word for it, just analyse the message and do your own research, which is inner research, it can be found from within, your own personal knowing, your inner knowledge of what is true or not. Don't let the human Mind stop you.

P.S. Thank you for the soul/souls who appreciated/recognized the message.

and I suppose thank you to those who didn't appreciate it too
It shows that they aren't just buying everything they hear and are searching for the truth

peace guys/gals. And I'm a guy myself, just so there's no confusion on that front.

[edit on 11/15/2009 by Valeri]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

Um, are you serious? Really serious? I am not attacking you, you flatter yourself to even assume I care to take the time to. The message is not fact despite your multiple attempts to covertly imply otherwise while stating it is not fact. But it's funny that you would accuse me of attacking you while you imply that I do not know what I am talking about.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Valeri

Um, are you serious? Really serious? I am not attacking you, you flatter yourself to even assume I care to take the time to. The message is not fact despite your multiple attempts to covertly imply otherwise while stating it is not fact. But it's funny that you would accuse me of attacking you while you imply that I do not know what I am talking about.
I never mentioned the word attacking. I simply said not to shoot the messenger, it's an expression, which is to say someone doesn't agree with the messengers message.
And I never implied you don't know what you are talking about. I was simply saying that you have a different outlook on the thing, I thought my God example helped to clarify that.Sorry it didn't.
maybe my message got "lost in translation" since I don't live in an English-spekaing country so maybe I can't express my ideas coherently.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

1) Your god example is a classic restricting of possibilities to only the one that person wishes to use to discredit all possibilities simuliar to it in a broadbased and generalized way of most who cannot take themselves with a grain of salt.

2) No, I understood exactly what you meant. But I can see why you would be confused about it as you are starting to talking out of both sides of your mouth.

3) Yes you did. You changed it but you DID say don't attack the messenger. I highlighted the relevant part.

subjective, sure. And I did not present it as fact, because I did clearly state not to take my word for it. Do your own inner searching, do your own self-exploration nad introspection. I'm just the messenger, you can shoot me that's fine, but the message is what matters. I may have given the message in a manner as if it's fact, but the message itself IS WHAT IT IS, it doesn't change now does it? The information in the message isn't any less or more valuable if one takes it as fact or not. The infromation and it's level of truth remains the same.
Oh and you might wish to remove at least one of the edit tags. You can you know.

4) And I have practiced both introspection and self-exploration thank you very much. You only assume that I have not because I disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

fair enough.Lets just agree to disagree at this point.
But a question derived fro mcuriosity on my part.
Do you believe then in a similar possiblity to that of my God example ? that there indeed is an all-powerful being/entity who created us(the entity being separate from his creation) and everything else as well, and who has certain rules one must follow if he wants to make it after death to whatever the good place is(supposedly to exist alongside God)

You think that is something that may be actually true? or anything similar to that possibility?

Not ot further the argument/conversation we are having,but just my curiosity on the matter,since it's interesting to hear a non-religious(assuming here) perspective on the possiblity.

A point I'd like to make too:

Although, if we are all ONE, an intelligent infinity, then surely in infinity everything IS possible, if somebody thinks of something and truly believes it to be true on an individual basis(God as a supreme being and people simply his creations) then that will be a reality for the person believing in that, because in an infinite universe all possibilities are true.

But in a broader picture,there is the ultimate truth which I think/am certain of will be clear to everyone sooner or later. That we always were,are and will be ONE infinite energy/being etc. But that realization will only coem when everything on an individual basis(soul) is understood,and that may take millions of years if we count in Earth years.

So this "all possibilities are true" thing takes me back to my original post,where I said there is no right and wrong.All is possible,so there can't be a right or wrong theory. All is possible because naything an individual/soul believes in will become his reality- a subjective reality,but a reality non the less.

peace

P.S www.youtube.com... - i really suggest watching this to understand my point of view

[edit on 11/15/2009 by Valeri]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

I believe nothing. I consider everything.
Well, that's not precisely correct. I prefer to keep my beliefs watery and avoid them solidifying into something that I cannot break given the correct information. But also my opinion of "knowledge" is that it's nothing more than strongly held "belief", solidified if you will.

And in the interest of peace and the fact I DO respect your belief and your right to have it, although I don't share it I will not delve farther into that conversation.

I was merely annoyed with the fact that you kept telling me that something was fact and assume that I did not do certain things otherwise I would agree with you. Which is what you have said in so many words.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I may have been too feisty with my rhetoric, trying to pass it off as something that is completely true. (fact being a proven truth, truth can be not proven as of yet as well, surely)

But still,I am inclined to pass if off as the truth due to my own intuition and inner feelings about this(the Oneness etc), so I'm not someone who can be fully objective about it too I guess,nobody can really.

So I do apologize for coming off like a know-it-all(as you said a strongly held belief is knowledge). I should embrace my theory about "everything is possible in infinite ONE" - that way all possibilities become real and none are wrong or right - Just like your quote from Nietche. there is no right way.

The truth is subjective, and I'm inclined to agree with your idea that "knowledge" is simply a strongly held belief,which makes it the TRUTH(either fact-checked or not) to the holder of that specific belief.

So too-shey to me I suppose.Refreshing to find myself going against or rather stretching the boundaries of my beliefs for a change.
Thank you for that!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
but wait, you are not counting not earth souls ... so really, what u just said doesnt make any sense ... just if you say that there are no life outside earth

thats impossible

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
but wait, you are not counting not earth souls ... so really, what u just said doesnt make any sense ... just if you say that there are no life outside earth

thats impossible
Even if he only counts Earth souls..even then there's an easy explanation to why most are not new souls or maybe there are no completely new souls at all by this point.

I did explain it on page 8 or 9,but I'll point it out again that heres a very plausible theory:

there have been over a 100 billion people living on earth alltogether throughout homo sapiens existence. 7 billion of those are alive today. Many thousands of years ago there were only a very small amount of souls incarnating on Earth at any given timeperiod(hence the small amount of people living on Earth at any given time), as some people died,other souls incarnated,as those people died,again other souls incarnated,and then at some point those initial souls who had already lived a life on Earth,incarnated again,and then the second group of souls did that after these died again,and then the thrid group incarnated again when the second group died again as humans etc.
The closer to our time we get,the more souls chose to incarnate within the same TIMEPERIOD, they have all incarnated at various times,but not at the same time, so now mroe and more are incarnating at the same time as others are still living their lives within this period of time. That's how you get 7 billion people at the same time.

A reasonably logical theory don't you think guys? Or is there a flaw in my thinking somewhere?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

I don't know........ Sounds simuliar to still more millenial fever to me. But that doesn't mean it's not plausible or possible.....

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I'm not sure I understood what you meant by the millenial fever bit? Y2k? how is that in connection with this?

What I menat,simply put,is that there's around 7 billion people on Earth in these times. Scientists say there have been anywhere from 105 to 115 billion people living on Earth over all of history of homo sapiens.

Now if you divide 105/112 billion by 7 billion you get 15 or 16 accordingly,so the case can be legitimately made,that each soul now is incarnating for the 15th or 16th time.

This theory is as good as the OP-s and I think it makes more sense than to irrationally run to the conclusion that half of the souls incarnated in the last 50 years are COMPLETELY NEW and have never been born(at least on Earth) EVER BEFORE.
That is an easy way to throw the blame on those hypothetical NEW souls, or in his case, even to the extreme of "the world is SICK" because everyone excluding the 50 million or so "ancient" souls are spiritually underdeveloped. That just screams ignorance to me but what do I know right.

the Op has probably never heard of the concept that a soul can inhabit 2 or more bodies at the same time, either, has he ?

I'm just saying his theory can be easily overturned by a more rational approach perhaps,there are multiple explanations to how no souls at all are new.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
two words that you should not put in the same sentance- 'magnatude' and 'notion' lol

It could be that since BC 800,000 the same number of humans existed up to 1950 and from 1950 to present.!! this IS an amazing notion. ... that all souls that ever experienced in this 3 dimensional 'self' have all come back to live the Turning Point...the next level.....when we all realise our awareness of the cosmos and our inherent part to play as the 'observers' of the universe itself....we become the collective seeing and thinking as one...the universes eyes and ears...only when the universe can be observed does it relly exist.

We all talk about 'enlightenment' in our own existance and not just something that happens when we return to the spirit world. this visualisation of the truth is key to our future....the 4th dimension.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SynMedian
that all souls that ever experienced in this 3 dimensional 'self' have all come back to live the Turning Point...the next level.....when we all realise our awareness of the cosmos and our inherent part to play as the 'observers' of the universe itself....we become the collective seeing and thinking as one...the universes eyes and ears...only when the universe can be observed does it relly exist.

Interesting addition to the theory. I hadn't thought about it like that - more souls than ever before choosing to be incarnated at this specific time.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy
reply to post by plumranch

"Good" and "Evil" are a creation of man. What is good to me could be painful to you. What I enjoy could make you miserable. It's open ended. There are good and poor decisions, or ignorance, to explain the "evil" people.

I think that would only be the case if you're a dysfunctional individual and wouldn't know right from wrong. I do believe that there are certain absolute rights and wrongs, e.g., not to hurt or kill another human being. The same should go for animals, but I know we're quite far from that.

Besides, I know for a fact (which of course is not provable ;o)) that evil is not just "inside"; there is an external evil that can actually influence people, and I'm quite sure it happens every day, and with more and more people. That, IMO, is one reason that the world is so "sick" today... the light (higher awareness) is growing, but so is the darkness.

I've encountered and seen dark entities with my own eyes. Of course you can tell me I was hallucinating or some such, but when you see it yourself, it's kinda hard to deny it exists. I've seen people "overshadowed" by entities; once I even saw a small, ugly troll-like being cling to someone's neck. Not pretty.

Of course I have my theories what these entities are and where they come from... but I reserve to change my mind about that often. After all, who really knows what the reality of this mysterious world is?

It could be that "hell" or the "lower astral realm" is a real place and those dark entities live there and sometimes can come through and wreak havoc in people's lives... especially when called via Ouija boards, seances, etc.

OR it could be that there's no hell and where they reside is simply another dimension (and maybe it's the same dimension all those cryptids -- Bigfoot, shadow people, chupacabra, etc. -- live in). Maybe there are certain times and places where the "veil" is thinning, which allows them to break through to our dimension occasionally.

OR it could be that our consciousness is all there is, and we're actually MANIFESTING all those apparitions and weird creatures.

I don't claim to know, but the world sure is stranger than we all think.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join