It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daschle Withdraws Nomination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Daschle Withdraws

Tom Daschle has withdrawn his nomination to be Health and Human Services secretary.

This just got interesting. I wonder if Geither will follow.

Edit: Wanted to add another link
Another Link

[edit on 3-2-2009 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Obama sure knows how to pick 'em huh?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
LMAO @ Obama....

I mean this is just getting darn right too great.

These last couple weeks have been a nightmare for him but you would never know it the way the Media is praising Barry.

I think fumbling the oath was a sign.......................

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Here's another sign. An article of Biden fumbling the oath for Clinton

Biden Fumbles

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thank God! The last thing we needed was DascHOLE in charge of the Greatest Entitlement Department.

Leave it to the Limosine Liberals - preach and chastize about the need for higher taxes on the higher wage earners, then watch them duck and run when it's their turn to pony up!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In one breath, CNN states that Daschle withdrew completely on his own, and not 30 seconds later they subliminally speculate with the question...

"Is it Obama getting rid of old school politics"?

Hilarious

...better than the comedy channel

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Even the media has to protect their investment in obama. They've already lost tons of credibility with their bias, can you imagine what would happen to them if obama was (is) exposed as a fraud???

And these clowns are still trying to figure out why viewership is way, way down???

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think it quite funny how many left leaning politicians talk about giving back financially to fund social programs, but yet, are the ones that are evading their tax responsibilities.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think that it is becoming impossible to find anyone qualified that does not have some mark or another against them. This tax thing is pretty ridiculous though. Odds are pretty good that they took a pile of papers to a CPA, the CPA did the taxes, they signed assuming that the calculations were correct, and paid whatever the CPA said they owed. Most people have no idea how their taxes were calculated and I would also assume that most tax returns do contain some errors. The issue should be how it was handled when the errors were discovered.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I think it quite funny how many left leaning politicians talk about giving back financially to fund social programs, but yet, are the ones that are evading their tax responsibilities.

Exactly! We're expected to just keep giving while our standard of living deteriorates but the elite are above paying themselves. Daschle's arrogance makes this all that much sweeter to me.
It must be alot easier to promise all this money to others when you know none of it is yours.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh geeze, the MSM is killing me today!

These are the scum Obama picked to run his "new type of politics". Now that they are resigning because the public is finding out what scum they are, the media is talking about how great Obama is for "getting rid" of these people!

You couldn't write this kind of comedy!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Daschle must've made an honest mistake and left off a zero.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The SPIN is unbelievable. Only in America can a crook/Daschle denounce tax evaders in 1998, become a tax evader himself, be forgiven and endorsed by the almighty POTUS and later withdraw himself because of his tax evasion. WOW!

Sadly, Obama will come out of this looking like the hero for cleaning up DC.
Way to go MSM.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Gibbs is being drilled on the breakdown of vetting and he is avoiding answering, during a current press conference. The press core is getting annoyed IMO. They keep asking him "what about the breakdown in vetting?" He says, "I do not want to talk about it". Then they get mad and say, "you dont want to talk about it?!" [im paraphrasing]

Obama and this administration is a joke.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by inked up]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Sadly, Obama will come out of this looking like the hero for cleaning up DC.
Way to go MSM.

It's true.

By the way, where are our resident Obama-heads to defend this?

It's funny they never show up in these threads.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Although I can't disagree with you on the point that this is indeed turning into a nightmare for him (how many now have fallen due to low integrety actions?) but HE did NOT flub the pledge at the inauguration.

That was the man speaking before him. Kind of like a minister giving your wedding vows. If he said something like, "I Jim, vow to...." and your name is Mark and you repeat after him and say, "I Jim....", it is simply a common thing. When you are repeating after someone and they screw up the odds of you following suit are pretty amazing.

Now, if he flubbed that so much then why did he pause once he realized that it was wrong. What he did was simply try to move on with it to cover the other persons flub.

Still, more on topic, his picks are falling like Bush's cabinet the last couple years. Just goes to show how dependable our leadership is.

What is more pathetic is that these people are so well off that they OWE over $100k in taxes! (Daschle and the lady that bit it earlier). If you make enough money to owe that much then there is absolutely no reason to NOT file. Unless he believes as many do that you don't have to pay. hehe

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's funny to me that these people can simply "forgot" to pay over 100K in taxes, and get out of it with a simple apology!

I wonder if I didn't pay 100K in taxes this year, when the IRS came calling, if an "I'm sorry" would get me out of it? Doubtful isn't it? I would say that like everyone else I'd probably be thrown in jail.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by inked up
Gibbs is being drilled on the breakdown of vetting and he is avoiding answering, during a current press conference. The press core is getting annoyed IMO. They keep asking him "what about the breakdown in vetting?" He says, "I do not want to talk about it". Then they get mad and say, "you dont want to talk about it?!" [im paraphrasing]

Obama and this administration is a joke.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by inked up]

This is what kills me. You see, I voted for Bush. Twice. I wanted him to do well. He let me down BIG TIME. I didn't see McCain doing much better. I'm frankly sick of wars for profit. Anyway, I wanted to see Obama do well simply for the fact that this country cannot afford 4 more years of let down. I truly believe it may be the end for us as a super power if that happens.

So I have defended Obama and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sure, he doesn't personally pick these people in most cases for these high positions. He is given a list and a bunch of reasons why. (Probably a list saying that so and so elitist that pays you so much wants this person in that spot). Anyway, it's the people doing the vetting that are really missing the boat here. This is pretty pathetic. These rich idiots think they can get away with what we lowly thousandaires can't?

Pisses me off really. Daschle should be removed from all government activities. Period.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's pretty amazing how many tax cheats hold prominent positions in the democratic party.

Obama needs to vet his choices a little better. Otherwise he's looking more and more foolish.

Question #1. Do you now, or have you ever cheated on your taxes?

That should be the first question right now.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
It's pretty amazing how many tax cheats hold prominent positions in the democratic party.

That's because to Democrats, not paying your taxes isn't a crime.

It's a resume enhancement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join