It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3,000 gift card Stimulus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I could spend 3 grand in 45 days without any problem.

It would provide a short term stimulus but I don't know that it would solve any long term problems.

If I get it as a check, it going to go in the bank.

It never hurts to have something set aside for the proverbial rainy day.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Guns and ammo would be flying off the shelves.

So, when do we get these checks? lol

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
Guns and ammo would be flying off the shelves.

So, when do we get these checks? lol

I think that is already happening.

At least with assault weapons.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Darned if you do, darned if you don't:

forex.gftforex.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

The $3,000 stimulus would be in the form of a gift card so that it can not be deposited in a Bank or stached away. Must be used in 45 days.

I go with tax payers spending rather tha Government.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The premise is off base, I think.

The biggest problem Americans have right now is too much consumer debt. So wouldn't it make more sense to require everyone to pay down debt with the 3 grand?

The spending spree mentality and people over extending themselves are what got us into this mess, so yeah, give us the 3 grand each but require everyone to pay down debt with it. People not hurting from credit card debt could get a little ahead on their mortgages and for those renters who have no debt at all, they could get ahead on their rent payments or spend it on essentials only like groceries.

What America doesn't need is everyone going out and blowing 3 grand on non-essentials.

The banks screwed everyone with greedy interest rates, fees, gimmick loans and on and on. The first thing that needs to happen is severe banking reform targeting the greed and the obscene interest rates.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by Bejing
reply to post by kozmo

We are not talking about your kids.
They could buy a computer for use in school work or college, down payment on car, healthcare (zits) or combine with mom and dad for $9,000 to use for family purchase.
Who are you? a congressman?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhttttttt
Cuz 16 year olds are super-duper responsible with money and are likely to buy a computer for school or pay doctor's bills.
Let me know when you return from your trip to Fantasy Island, K?

Who am I? Let's see... I am a college educated, white collar professional, married, father of 1, tax-payer, mortgage holder, investor and realist. I obviously have way more worldy experience than you and I have completed enough master-level credit hours of Finanace AND Economics to hold a degree in each or an advanced degree in one or the other. I am not a Congressman. Now, how about you? Let me guess... You are a 16 year old idealist. Anything else you'd like to add?

Look Sweetpea, I was home schooled, started my own business with Arbonne Int’l at 16. I’m 18 now and have a stream of 200 people that now have their own businesses and I am doing just fine. I enlisted in the Marine Corp to serve my country. I have qualified for OCS and will enter that program next year. I continue to monitor my Arbonne team during my free time. I’m blessed and grateful for my parents and to be able to help others and my country. I was invested but went to cash last year when I entered the service. I believe the government’s responsibility is to protect us and leave us alone. Your runny nosed friend

top topics

<< 1   >>

join