It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama nominee withdraws over taxes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

They probably just arranged a behind-the-scenes advisory position for him.
He'll make just as much money, wield more power and have zero accountability operating behind the curtain.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow, another one. This is outrageous, these people should all be fired from any govt. position immediately. As us little people live in fear of the IRS, these guys just laugh it off. No big deal right, just an honest mistake. Yeah, let us regular folk try that excuse and see where it lands us. All this should make all of us working people sick to the point of vomit.

And anyone with half a brain can see that Mr. Daschle is pure slime of the lowest level. But so is almost everyone else up there on the hill, so what's the difference anymore.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wethesheeple
Wow, this is getting ridiculous. Obama clearly has a poor judgement in character lol. Rezko, Daschle, Geithner, Emmanuel, Blagejevich, Ayers, Wright, and he newest one.....Killefer. It gets to a point where you have to wonder what exactly is going on? Anyway i'm sure the Obama Brigade will be here any minute to defend this.

I couldn't agree more, seems the young president didn't have enough experience in congress to know better.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Too bad, Mabey it is all a part of Obamas plan. He nominates people that owe back taxes, so perhaps they will finally pay them.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm grateful for these withdrawals. I can't think of anything worse than watching a politician sit in their chair without knowing the blessing of paying taxes. Taxes pay for so many things from welfare, to schools, to bridges and roads. They're missing out on all the wonderous things public office officials purport to manage. Wutone mentioned TurboTax, can I share with you how awesome that program is? It's so easy, a policitian could do it.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek01
Too bad, Mabey it is all a part of Obamas plan. He nominates people that owe back taxes, so perhaps they will finally pay them.

Now THERE is a policy I could stand behind. If it weren't for the enormous embarrassment it causes him, I may remotely suspect it to be such the clever ploy.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Or, you know, looking at this from a conspiracy perspective, maybe this will get everyone thinking "hey, there really is transparency now!"

And then, we all relax again because we can trust our new transparent govt.
(The MSM will be a big help here)

Then the real plans are set into motion.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elcapitano75
Or, you know, looking at this from a conspiracy perspective, maybe this will get everyone thinking "hey, there really is transparency now!"

I'm doubting this because offering seats in government knowingly to tax evaders is a pretty serious offense (illegal?). Mr. Obama would then be an accomplice to promoting illegal activities at the very least. He just got in, I doubt he's looking to get impeached. Rather, I think he's listening to his advisers as Bush did and is making wrong decisions as Bush did and is now taking the heat for it...as Bush did. Welcome to change we can believe in!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
uumm hey Obama...that's three people you nominated with tax issues...what's going on bud?

voices.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Good post (you beat me to it
). Star and a flag for you.

I too see the pattern and want to remind all that some of us here have been pointing this out since obama started naming people for office.

Also interesting how the ranks of the obamaphiles seem to be diminishing with each new scandal so soon in obama's reign as they realize they have been duped BIG TIME.

[edit on 2/3/2009 by centurion1211]

True but can you name each scandal? or is that just your opinion that there has been scandals.
What qualifies a scandal?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I understand this was directed to centurion but let me try to help.

Scandal
1. A publicized incident that brings about disgrace or offends the moral sensibilities of society.

Instead of asking someone to lay out all the scandals for you why don't you google all of the names I listed on the 1st page.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I love how the media is trying to cover for Obama on this. I just turned on CNN and MSNBC for 15 minutes each and heard all kinds of whoppers.

I think we'll see the administration lament the fact nobody will want this job, because of the harsh vetting procsess"-Chuck Todd - MSNBC 2/3/9

Yeah, these democrats are actually vicitims, because this vetting process is too hard! Rick Sanchez on CNN was wringing his hand that this "give Republicans ammunition". Shouldn't it give THE MEDIA ammunition? Oh no, I forgot. The new mission of our media is to make Obama successful!

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Cio88]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My response is, "Yes, paying taxes is hard...which is precisely the point!" We need people who can get into public office and fix that

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I wish that they would pass a law that if you are a goverment employee, not paying you taxes is grounds for firing. That is what I was was told when I started working for Missouri's state goverment

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, at least we are hearing about this. Do you guys really really think that their are zero repubs in government positions that have not paid taxes?

Show me where all republicans in government office always pays all their taxes, and then I will be angry. Until you can prove it, I at least feel that this is coming out in the public.

How about this one?

www.boston.com...

Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, released two years' worth of tax returns that did not list the per diem payments she received since becoming Alaska governor in December 2006. She collected nearly $17,000 during that period for 312 nights spent in her Wasilla home about an hour's drive from Anchorage, according to state travel records.

ssshhhhhhh, can't talk about that.

Or Joe the plumber? sshhhh He has some tax issues going on.

or Republican Ted Stevens. again ssshhh

This tax issue is a problem that EVERYONE deals with. Not just Democrats or Republicans.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I heard Leona Helmsley is in the running now.

I think she'd be an excellent choice. She'd fit right in with the rest of corrupt scumbags.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I honestly believe that Obama bought into all the hype that he can do no wrong and that the democrat controlled congress would gladly push through any nominee he put in front of them.

Welcome to the big leagues, Mr President

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
simply said the New Boss is the same as the Old Boss...whether you want to know it or not. ....the previous choice for nation-wide motivation was FEAR...now its something even scarier....HOPE. which is slowly but surely being tarnished....you'd think that this administration would have prescreened these numbskulls to avoid any PR inccidents...crap, you'd think these people would be paying their taxes like everyone else is. but i guess you dont pay when you realize that you dont have to and can get away with it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
OFF TOPIC...can some on show me how to insert an avatar on my profile?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thefutureisuncertain

u2u AshleyD, she is pretty good with avatars

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join