It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of secret Bush surveillance, executive power memos found; Could be made public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Dozens of secret Bush surveillance, executive power memos found; Could be made public

rawstory.com

Details about more than three dozen secret memoranda written by Bush Administration officials now sit atop a chart created by a public interest reporting group. The memos track new details about dozens of secret Bush Administration legal positions on torture, detention and warrantless wiretapping.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Pardon me I'm salivating!

"Oops forgot to throw those out. I thought I fed em to Barney!"

Among the memos' titles: "Criminal Charges against U.S. terrorists"; "Options for Interpreting the Geneva Convention" and "Fourth Amendment doesn't apply to military operations abroad or in U.S."

Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said in another memo that the White House's lawyers had concluded that the Fourth Amendment's protections against warrantless search and seizure don't apply to the US military -- even when the operations take place on U.S. soil.

Holder told senators in response to questions sent to him before his confirmation hearings that he'd take an aggressive stance with regard to releasing the White House legal opinions his predecessors' had labeled as secret.

edit for joke
rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Leo Strauss]

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The List

Here is a sample:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I know it is going to be stated a few times here. But Rawstory is just not going to cut it. I would like to see a valid source for this before I begin to believe it.

Well, let me make myself clear. I believe that they are VERY capable of it. I just want to make sure it is a fact that these documents will be made public before I begin to go off. A bunch of criminals left office on the 20th. Of that I am positive. Many Bush supporters say that in a few years time we will be thanking him. Well, I won't think him for the countless innocents that died at his orders. The many infrigements upon this nations rights and constitution. And just as importantly, his verbal disrespect given to that God Da..ed piece of paper we like to refer to as the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Posted 31/01/09 in political conspiracies, entitled "The Missing Memo's - Resource"

Some good info on the memo's including PDF docs - linked in the OP.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

You may want to check out the Pro Publica site.

Here is the Link.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Hey Budski did you change your avatar? Not sure if I am writing to the Budski I know and admire.

I ran a search on the article and scanned the Breaking News Forum. So can we live and let live? This story is important!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Please Contribute to the Ongoing Discussion located here:

Ongoing

Closing

Semper

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Two threads on the same topic may exist on the board if one of them is in Breaking Alternative News.

top topics

join