It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire Defining Actions by which they can FIRE the U.S. Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+101 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Now THIS is protesting! Contact your State government and ask if they are doing anything like this.

HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION 6:
A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles.
SPONSORS: Rep. Itse, Rock 9; Rep. Ingbretson, Graf 5; Rep. Comerford, Rock 9; Sen. Denley, Dist 3
COMMITTEE: State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs

That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government

Official Docket of HCR6:
Date Body Description
01/08/2009 H Introduced and Referred to State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs
01/14/2009 H Public Hearing: 2/5/2009 1:00 PM LOB 203
01/27/2009 H Executive Session: 2/12/2009 2:00 PM LOB 203

HCR 6 – AS INTRODUCED

That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.

II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.

V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.

VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and

That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government; and

That copies of this resolution be transmitted by the house clerk to the President of the United States, each member of the United States Congress, and the presiding officers of each State’s legislature.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I called the New Hampshire Legislative Committee and this is legitimate. If you feel that our federal government has gotten "too big for it's britches" (as my grandmother used to say), then it's important that you contact your own State government, give them a copy of this piece of legislation and tell them you'd like to see something like this in your state's legislation.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Isn't this the best piece of Legislation you have seen in YEARS??!!

I have contacted my state Reps, Sens as well as my Federal Reps and Sens, and my governor.

My state needs a bill like this too!

KUDOS to New Hampshire!!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Interesting because the federal government is already in violation of this bill. Specifically, just off the top of my head, Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes and Congress shall have the power to coin money and regulate the value thereof. Oh let's see, federal firearms regulations, Patriot Act in regards to Fourth Amendment...I will stop thinking about before this becomes a very long and angry list.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Props to New Hampshire's Legislature
I will be forwarding this to Ohio's legislative body with a request that such a resolution be formally adopted and passed within our state body. This embodies the full body and spirit of State Rights!

[edit on 3-2-2009 by kozmo]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Awesome find.
S+F.

It's about time.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I guess the real question is if they have the legislative backbone to pass such a measure? If they do, I am sure many other states will follow suit. Then the question will be how to enforce the legislation?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
While I like this kind of stuff, the conspiracy theorist in me thinks legislation of this sort would be used to incite people allowing the controllers to declare martial law.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is without question the most important thread I have ever seen here.

Great find and thank you sincerely for posting this.

I will definitely be forwarding a copy of this to my state legislators and hopefully my state and others will follow suit.

However, I do not think the feds will take this lying down, there are sure to be threats and implications. I remember when Nevada voted to legalize Marijuana and the fed threatened to stop all federal funding to the state and of course Nevada folded to that authority. Although I personally do not use marijuana, I can see no legitimate reason why it should be illegal, it is after all a weed that will grow in any environment. I do not drink either, but that does not mean that alcohol should be illegal.

The fed will most assuredly use every threat and tool available to them to thwart this. I sincerely hope the states that take place in this understand that when the feds cut off their money supply, it will not matter as their citizens will be paying their taxes to the state and not the feds which will more than compensate for the revenue loss.

Finally a state has felt like it has been pushed far enough to grow a pair. I was hoping I would live to see this day come, perhaps I will. This could very well be the most signifigant development in our lifetimes.

If New Hampshire pulls this off and my state decides to stay put, I will most assuredly be moving to New Hampshire.

Three Cheers for New Hampshire.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Imagine if ALL the states could unite against the federal govt. ?

We could call such a rebellion "The United States of America"

Hell we could even write a constitution, something that would protect our rights and liberties.

And hope that someday, such a union, would not spawn some big self serving monster freakshow in the capitol.

Oh wait....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If they do, I am sure many other states will follow suit. Then the question will be how to enforce the legislation?

US Constitution, Section 4 as well as Amendments 10 and maybe 9 for legal justification. Amendment(s) 1 (and if need be, 2) for enforcement.

But then again if voiding the contract nullifies the contract and the Constitution is being used as the contract then it somewhat make the above point moot. Except without the Constitution, the Federal government no longer actually exists. So any action by the former federal government would be actions of a domestic enemy and most (if not all states) have that covered in their state constitutions.

Will it pass? There are many state level politicians in NH that will never reach the few federal offices allotted, so it is possible.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The free state project rears its glorious head!

This is fantastic legislation, and is sure to protect states rights to a great extent.

Naturally article 6 is my personal favourite.

They ought to have included a state-by-state ratification process for any contentious bills such as the PATRIOT act.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Never been happier to live in New Hampshire.

This almost makes up for the "Leftification" of the towns along the MA border.

My local reps are definitely getting a call or two or three.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If it does pass, I hope the State of New Hampshire is ready for the influx of patriots that will be moving there!

I know I will happily buy a winter wardrobe and learn to shovel snow to live in a state that has the stones to stand up against our uncontrollable federal government

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I too will be forwarding this on to the Ohio reps. Maybe if they get enough we will see something happen here that will stop the criminal actions of the bigger brother state of DC.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by elcapitano75
Imagine if ALL the states could unite against the federal govt. ?

We could call such a rebellion "The United States of America"

Hell we could even write a constitution, something that would protect our rights and liberties.

And hope that someday, such a union, would not spawn some big self serving monster freakshow in the capitol.

Oh wait....

Thomas Jefferson thought about this, here are a few of his quotes on the subject:

"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories."

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own."

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

As is evident, this man had wisdom that transcends time itself. He also said this about debt, tell me, do you see any correlation to our current state in this country?

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

And yet the common people keep neglecting the lessons of history. Or, for that matter, the government doesn't allow these gems of history to be taught in schools. Because I am absolutely convinced that they KNOW their history and think they can outsmart it and come up with the sure fire answer to establish a tyranny AND keep the people passive and happy.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Way to live up to your license plate slogan, New Hampshire! Now, who's taking odds on this thing passing, let's say 50-1 against? And who's taking odds on this thing being enforced, if it does pass, maybe 10,000-1 against? Shame though, because I think this is exactly what we need right now.

I would love to live there - I think it's the most appealing state in the union, with Texas a close second, but the New England climate appeals to me more...

I have thought about moving there a few times, but I can't seem to find affordable housing or steady employment. It'd be a great place to retire, but the job market isn't great there, and the commutes can be beastly, especially in the winter.

I'm only one state away - so close, and yet so far...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Can anyone go about explaining the actual process to contact a state legislature and such. It would also be a great if someone could provide a formal document that should be sent. I am not familiar with this type of stuff but seeing as though that it might make a difference I am willing to try it. I live in New York so Im not sure what side this may sway but I am eager to find out. Please don't flame my ignorance within this subject. Thank you

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A most excellent find...

I would suggest to forward this to other disctricts as soon as possible.

and

MoonMine

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join