It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ugly Truth behind Prop 8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This may get ugly, but its the truth. The truth that noone wants to say...

Everyone loves to blame to white christians for the failure of that bill to pass, but its not them. Not at all..

It was the black voters. The ones that turned in masse to support Obama. Over 80% black vote turn out. Most in history, ever.

Will they get blamed? No way. Who wants to be labled a "racist" for "blaming"them? Noone.

Besides, it far easier to blame old crusty white people. They dont go an orgranize protests and boycotts. Ive seen the commericals which openly attack them for the failure of the bill, yet not a SINGLE black person blamed. I guess nows not the time.

Bottom line, the people spoke and the majority won. Thats how it works. Marriage is between a man and woman. I dont want my grade school kid being taught what "gay" is. He will figure that out on his own the older he gets. In my house, its wrong and I dont need his teachers telling him otherwise.

If the gays want to protest, go right ahead. But they better have the guts to place the blame where it needs to go. But again, either way.. it failed. Thats how the system works.

So pack up your picket signs and leave the churches alone.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Where have you been?

The MSM had already pointed this out. I'm too lazy to look up links right now to any articles or anything, but I'm not making it up. The media pointed out the same thing you did, the percentage of African-American voters and how they voted on prop 8. There is no conspiracy here. There isn't some mass cover up of "the ugly truth" as you like to call it because people are scared of being called racists.

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report have done numerous skits on this also... about how the new battle in America is "gays" vs "blacks"

You're pretty late with this one lol I'm pretty sure the msm was pointing this out as soon as they had the exit poll information.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

new topics

join