It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USAF and the Saucer Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
First of all, I'd like to start by saying I believe that "alien" ufo's are not real. We are something like 42 million light years away from any sort of planet that could possibly support life. There is no reason for a species capable of that technology to come here. I just dont buy it.

Rather, I subscribe to the theory that all the "ufo"s of the 50s and what not where experimental technology being tested by our own air force. It makes sense, unlike little green guys that happened across our tiny little blue dot.

If they were testing crafts of course people will see them. Why should uncle sam come out and admit it? Our enemies would know what we are up to. Instead, let the public start talking about aliens and whatnot. Get em riled up and our enemies will have a field day trying to figure what was going on in our skies.

Also, once that couple came out with their "abduction" story, isnt it amazing that thats when everyone else did too? Its almost retarded to believe in it.

Anyrate, there was a show on history channel the other night that covered this subject. They states that the germans had been working on a flying saucer project. After we won and stole their scientists, we put them to work for us. It said that eventually we did come up with a "flying saucer" but it was unsteady and barely could fly.

The project was "canceled" but not officially. They secretly kept the project going and wound up with a craft that looked like this:

Now, yes I do realize that it says "FAKE PHOTO" on it. Its just possibility. And honestly is makes more sense that "little green dudes" stealing our cows and giving random strangers anal probes.

Now the problem I have with it, is what use is it? It looks cool, but whats the purpose of all that "roundness".

But lets say that they were real. Lets say they were also impractical and done away with. Wouldnt that explain all the "saucers"? I mean, it makes more sense than "reptillians" or "grays".

Personally, I think us humans are a fluke. Without that damn asteroid a few billion years ago the dinosaurs would still be in charge.

I dont know, I just dont get why all these "spaceships" only appear at night, only seem to abduct the whackjobs on old country roads. To me, it just makes good tv and keeps you distracted from the real issues in this country.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

42 million light years away from any planet that could support life? Says who?

I'm not a scientist and I didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night either, but and it's a big BUT. How can our brightest minds really know for sure that water is required to support life? Just because we need it doesn't have to mean living beings from a planet 50 light years away need it.

As ridiculous as it seems, maybe other intelligent beings need liquid methane to drink. Scientists always say that other intelligent beings likely wouldn't look like us, so what makes them so sure water is the main ingredient for life? It is for life as we know it, and since we don't know for sure that life exists on other planets, we can't know for sure that any alien species has a need for water.

Maybe an intelligent species can live on a planet that has an average temp of 50 degrees hotter than here on earth. Maybe 50 degrees colder. How can we know for sure? To me some science is speculation.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
While there is evidence that the US did have saucer projects (avrocar, LRV, Pye Wacket, etc) there's far too much data to suggest it was all terrestrial phenomena.

If you want scientifically sound cases research the 1957 RB-47 sighting (particularly Sparks research) and the 1956 RAF Lakenheath / RAF Bentwaters incident. Both have no prosaic explanation.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This thing was a farce, it could barely lift of the ground, was practically uncontrollable & made an horrendous racket. No chance anyone mistoke that for a UFO.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

First of all, I'd like to start by saying I believe that "alien" ufo's are not real. We are something like 42 million light years away from any sort of planet that could possibly support life. There is no reason for a species capable of that technology to come here. I just dont buy it.

1. There are other planets in our own solar system that may contain liquid water. Where there is water, there is a chance for life as we know it...that's not even considering life as we DON'T know it.

2. Sure there's a reason. If we had the capability, WE would go, so why not assume others would?

3. Even our scientists are postulating on ways to bend spacetime for interstellar travel. How is it a stretch to assume other beings in the Universe haven't had enough time to develop it?

4. The Universe is a BIG, BIG place...to assume we're the only sentients out there is beyond presumptuous....

Rather, I subscribe to the theory that all the "ufo"s of the 50s and what not where experimental technology being tested by our own air force. It makes sense, unlike little green guys that happened across our tiny little blue dot.

1. ALL? That's a pretty sweeping statement. The majority of UFO sightings are actually misidentified mundane phenomena and crafts. But, only takes ONE to be an actual alien craft for the phenomenon to be realized.

2. You're ignoring sightings previous to known manned flight, and previous even to the creation of the Air Force. Heck, the Roswell event happened in '47, just before the Air Force was created. In addition, we STILL don't have craft that mimics some of the performance capabilities in many sightings. Stands to reason that if we had this in the 50's, the Stealth Fighter would be like a Model T today...

If they were testing crafts of course people will see them. Why should uncle sam come out and admit it? Our enemies would know what we are up to. Instead, let the public start talking about aliens and whatnot. Get em riled up and our enemies will have a field day trying to figure what was going on in our skies.

No doubt the government has allowed UFO sightings to cover up test projects. In fact, there is documentation that supports it. However, that does not then mean that all such sightings are of these craft. That's a very broad generalization, not logical deduction and fact analysis.

Also, once that couple came out with their "abduction" story, isnt it amazing that thats when everyone else did too? Its almost retarded to believe in it.

You're stating the top psychiatric doctor in the U.S. Military (assuming you're referring to the Hill Case) is retarded? Hmm...just exactly what are your medical credentials to make such a claim?
I'm not a big fan of abduction accounts myself, but you must also realize that many (including the Hills) did not initially seek publicity, but sought answers. Now, whether abducted, or they have some other mental trauma from mundane causes, each case is on its own merit. The vast majority of these (I feel) are due to other issues, not an abduction.

Anyrate, there was a show on history channel the other night that covered this subject. They states that the germans had been working on a flying saucer project. After we won and stole their scientists, we put them to work for us. It said that eventually we did come up with a "flying saucer" but it was unsteady and barely could fly.

The Vril and Haut (sp?) crafts, yes, but they never really made it past the drawing board/mockup stages from all available evidence... You're referring to "Paperclip". Again though, you're ignoring the UFO flaps that occurred PRIOR to this. In addition, as you yourself said, our saucer crafts were unsteady, certainly not capable of flying faster than the fastest jets of our time, or bone-crushing maneuvers and turns, as attributed to the crafts seen in the skies.....

The project was "canceled" but not officially. They secretly kept the project going and wound up with a craft that looked like this:

The original pic has airplanes in it, and can be found on the net.
www.aerospaceweb.org...

However, the craft in the foreground is one designed by Michael H. Schratt as a concept of what may exist. The craft has long since appeared in many hoaxed photos. The real jist is that we simply haven't developed anything yet that flies like the crafts witnessed as far back as the early 40's.

You are certainly entitled to believe that UFOs and Aliens are not real, or more specifically, that Aliens are not visiting Earth...but from the above, it appears that your position is based on a television program rather than a concentrated effort to analyze the data on all sides of the issue....before forming a conclusion.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
OP, your post falls on a number of classic logical fallacies. Don't worry though! You are far from the first to make such errors.

1. You say that: "We are something like 42 million light years away from any sort of planet that could possibly support life." - maybe you could then go on and make the announcement of the century and tell us all which planet it is that supports life?

2. You then go on to suggest that IF "they" had the means to traverse space, they wouldn't have any reason to come to Earth. You are getting ahead of yourself here (and slightly confused!). You appear to be arguing that there are no space-faring races but if there were any, they wouldn't visit Earth. But didn't you start by saying that you know of a life-sustaining planet a mere 42million LY away? There either is or is not intelligent life "out there". There is no middle ground here!

2a. You are also making assumption about the motivations of "alien" races.

3. Intelligent life elsewhere in this galaxy is not predicated on the existence or otherwise of so-called UFOs here. The galaxy could be teaming with life yet UFOs (in the alien space craft sense of the term) may have no relationship with that life at all. So even if one could prove all UFO sightings were, for the sake of argument, misidentifications, that would not prove that the galaxy was devoid of life.

4. The old UFOs as secrect aircraft theory is nothing new. Indeed, your CIA admitted as much years ago. How would you explain UFO sightings of the 1940s that pre-date the creation of the modern "black world"?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The Air Force as a seperate branch came into being in 1947. Until then it was the Army Air Corps.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

Yes, but this was after the National Security Act and later in the year than the Roswell incident. In fact many researchers (myself included) believe that the hasty enactment of this Act was in large part a response to the threat posed to us...

All of the experimental saucer footage is USAF (as clearly noted on the crafts) and is after this time.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Certainly true. But I just believe that because aircraft had pretty much proved their potential in combat that a branch of the service was dedicated to their use (and more research). Just makes common sense to me that's all. I don't really see any kind of cover up or anything like that. Just my opinion.

I know that when aircraft were first proposed as combat weapons the folks that presented the case were laughed at. Once their effectiveness was actually tested then opinions changed.

I guess the point I was getting at is that the development of the Air Force as a seperate branch...as well as experimental aircraft with the USAF stamps isn't really what I'd call a consipiracy or coverup. Just sayin'....

I agree that it might be pretty egotistical to just decide that all forms of life have to evolve like ours did...I would think that with the universe as vast as it is the potential is probably beyond wrapping your head around. But a mechanical craft that obeys what we think of as "our" laws of physics implies some similarities between us and "them".

[edit on 3-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

The Air Force and military did try to use saucer shapes, but they were very unstable and could only fly a few feet off the ground. Imagine how difficult they would be to fly if loaded with heavy bombs. The military abandoned that design early, and went to work on the better wing design we see in the B-2 and F-117 stealth bomber and fighter.

top topics

join