It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I pledge to be a servant to our president .. "

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Look what HARPO (Oprah) has put out with the help of hollywood.

"I pledge to be a servant to our president .... '

"I pledge to flush only after making a #2 ... '

and

What was that again about people not being Obama-followers??

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Barf!!
That is about as funny as it gets. I swear that I saw Punky Brewster mixed in there. Funny, I didn't see Tom Selleck or Jon Voight in that ad.

Seriously, how much did that little PSA cost to produce? They could have fed a free breakfast to the city of Chicago for that amount.

I guess those out in LA LA land will do anything to make Obama's broken promises magically disappear. They supported him, now they have to defend him. What a well produced illusion.

I wonder what the next HARPO production will look like after Obama ups the ante in Afghanistan?

edit to add:

I will also do my part to help. I'm with you FF.

If its yellow let it mellow if its brown flush it down.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Sycophantic drivel!

Its nice that some Americans are so enthused by the new President, but I really wonder if they understand any policy implications etc. or has it all just descended into a coolness contest.

I swear he could have been sworn in as Barack PersonalityCult Obama and people still wouldn't have cottoned on.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I Pledge:

To never let a Hollywood Production conceal the true issues from me.

I Pledge:

To never blindly be a servant to anyone.

I Pledge:

To continue to tell everyone of the hypocrisy of the Hybrid Car.

I Pledge:

To never change my Political Ideology because of some Hollywood Actors.

I Pledge:

To not change my Political Ideology because of some President.

Semper

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I pledge to never watch another movie nor buy another CD that any of these individuals had any part in producing. I further pledge not to watch nor read anything coming the mainstream media. I also pledge to think for myself and not be swayed by the masses nor covert attempts at brainwashing.

All this reminds me of the book "This Perfect Day" by Ira Levine. Just substitute "Obama" for "Uni".. I wonder when we'll start receiving our regular injections..

[edit on 3-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I pledge not to laugh hysterically at the poor misguided belief of those who think their pledge of service to any single man is something more meaningful than a groupie's mindless love for just another rock star.

*sigh*

We obviously learn nothing from history.

Too bad admirable aims are co-opted for the aggrandizement of a single leader. Hmmmm, where have we seen that before?

:shk:

[edit on 3-2-2009 by loam]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

You said it perfectly.

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I pledge to never watch another movie nor buy another CD that any of these individuals had any part in producing.

Yep. When hollywood idiots do this kind of thing it definately effects my viewing habits. Now when I see them on TV all I can think of is this kind of lunacy instead of the TV show. I'll be turning the channel if they pop up.

Well .. I admit that I always turned off Courtney Cox anyways.
She comes across as an obnoxious snob.

Some of the people they dug up for this was funny. Alyssa Milano hasn't done anything lately. Ashton Kutcher?
I think anyone taking this pledge has been PUNKED.

Edited to add - I wanna know if anyone here is going to take the #2 pledge - you know - 'I pledge not to flush the toilet unless I make a #2 in it' ...

[edit on 2/3/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I pledge to take a big deuce everytime I visit Hollywood.

I pledge to turn the lights off on these clowns.

Why is it that most of Hollywood is so critical of the way most Americans live their life, but yet many of them waste more than what most Americans could even dream of wasting?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Edited to add - I wanna know if anyone here is going to take the #2 pledge - you know - 'I pledge not to flush the toilet unless I make a #2 in it' ...

[edit on 2/3/2009 by FlyersFan]
I also pledge not to flush the toilet unless I make a #2. It only seems fitting.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Why is it that most of Hollywood is so critical of the way most Americans live their life, but yet many of them waste more than what most Americans could even dream of wasting?

Because they don't really care.

They just want to feel good about themselves for appearing to care.

I stopped getting upset by this kind of stuff a while ago. I just sit back and laugh now.

I'm afraid pretty soon my laughter will turn to tears though.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I take the pledge to not drink the kool-aid...

unless, of course, I make my own.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyesI take the pledge to not drink the kool-aid...

Sshh...

Don't talk about kool-aid.

That's racist.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In case you missed it FF, this was one of the commercials AJ melted-down on and it had me urinating myself. (2nd vid)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I pledge to never kiss my biceps and make a total ass of myself.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
wow, that was intresting, the sad thing is that so many of our youth and overall population have been so brainwashed by hollywood and the media that theyll "pledge" to what ever they are told to, as long as a famous idol or political cult of personality is behind the false message

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
when people find out they were miguided, its ussually after they have thrown a fit or over reacted, then they apologize.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So this is how liberty dies, with hilarious videos pledging to a guy that is going to be exactly like the guy, if not worse, that just left. I pledge……never mind been too many pledges already.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
...and the programming propaganda continues...

You would expect more and more people should get wise to it by now, or i it just us.

BTW, Demi Moore, what a knockout isn't she?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
And I pledge to keep track of all the promises these bozos made so that I can later show them to be the hypocrites that we know they already are.

Everyone needs to see this video!

[edit on 2/4/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thats the wanna bee pledge -

Mine signature is the first two line off of the HANDBOOK pledge.
You guys should consider joining - great benefits!

I've made the brigade!

GOP beware!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join