It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch - Obama White House is Lobbyist Haven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Judicial Watch - the non partisan group that exposes corrupt politicians has labeled the Obama White House as a Lobbyist Haven.

Judicial Watch

President Barack Obama has repeatedly violated his innovative campaign promise to ban lobbyists from his administration by hiring at least a dozen to high-profile positions, including several to his cabinet.

Obama’s famously coined lobbyists “won’t find a job in my White House” rhetoric has turned out to be a bad a joke, proving that, mainstream media adulation aside, he’s no different than most politicians. Broken campaign promises have for decades been par for the course among the nation’s most famous elected figures and the 44th president evidently is no exception.

Obama Hires Lobbyists of Various Stripes

CNN - Obama Already Struggling with Lobbyist Promise

MSNBC - Obama Hires Lobbyist

Drudge - Obama Flip Flops - Hires Lobbyists

News Observer - Obama team hires ex-lobbyists

WASHINGTON -- Barack Obama campaigned on a pledge to change Washington, vowing to upend the lobbying culture he encountered when he joined the U.S. Senate.

But at least nine members of President-elect Obama's fast-growing transition team have worked as federally registered lobbyists within the past four years. They include former lobbyists for the nation's trial lawyers association, mortgage giant Fannie Mae, drug companies such as Amgen, high-tech firms such as Microsoft, labor unions and the liberal advocacy group Center for American Progress.

For general information - Judicial Watch's list of Top 10 Most Corrupt politicians for 2008 - Found Here

Alphabetical Order -

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released its 2008 list of Washington’s 10 Most Corrupt Politicians." The list, in alphabetical order, includes:

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT)
Obama Advisor Valerie Jarrett (D-IL)
Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
President-Elect Barack Obama (D-IL)
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)
Former Rep. Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
Former Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK)
Rep. Don Young (R-AK)

In 2007 the list stood like this - Found Here - alphabetical order

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY)
Rep. John Conyers (D-MI)
Senator Larry Craig (R-ID)
Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA)
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)
Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR):
I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby
Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
Senator Harry Reid (D-NV):

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I guess the truth has to be told, FF. But gosh darnit, if it were Ron Paul in there and he did that, I would have to do the same thing and expose it. SOS, different day. And the naysayers run around here screaming how he is change, and how no way Presidents are controlled by the puppet masters.

But believe it or not, it all ties in to the Vatican.
Yes, the Vatican. Much research is needed to see that conclusion, but it is true. Pink triangles. Little boys. Rising suns. It goes way deep.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Great post!
The hypocrisy is alarming. Obama and company are creating exception after exception for these guys and throwing ethics out the window.

What kind of lesson does this teach to a 7th grader who is studying government for the first time? It's ok to back up on your commitments and promises.

Then you have Daschle who is a crook (found out about the tax snag in the Summer and didn't pay or mention it until now) and a lobbyist by definition not by technical title. In yesterday's press briefing, I found the glibness of Gibbs to be astounding. The best answer he could come up with to defend Daschle is "Nobody's Perfect". Way to go Glib Gibbs. Where is the IRS Penalty fee of roughly $20k that Daschle doesn't have to pay?

Clearly, someone else is steering the USS Obama. He just needs to smile and look pretty long enough to distract the nation.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I fondly remember these famous quotes from Obama that surely helped him win the trophy. Hook line and sinker

In the campaign, Obama assailed Washington's "entire culture" in which "our leaders have thrown open the doors of Congress and the White House to an army of Washington lobbyists who have turned our government into a game only they can afford to play." He vowed to "close the revolving door" and "clean up both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue" with "the most sweeping ethics reform in history."

www.iht.com...

I think I will have these words carved in stone for the Obama memorial that will built to replace the Lincoln memorial

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hon, if he was to clean Washington from lobbyist like he "promised" he will be without any qualify member for his cabinet and government will be at a stand still.

Why? because honest politicians are a rare gem now a days and Washington is full of nothing but rotten corrupted trash.

And trash is all that is available to run our nation's government.

If you have not noticed that before with all the daring post I have made for years about the corruption of our politicians in Washington them you have not read my post very well.

In Washington is a way to thin out the good politicians from the bad while corrupting those that are weak of mind.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hon, if he was to clean Washington from lobbyist like he "promised" he will be without any qualify member for his cabinet and government will be at a stand still.

Sure. I understand that marg. But the fact is that he promised that 'no lobbyist will find a job in my white house'.

If it was a promise that couldn't be fulfilled .... If it was 'change' that he couldn't - or wouldn't - make .. then he shouldn't have made the promise because now people expect a clean white house and a clean government.

HE LIED. People bought it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yes he lie, or either he found out the hard way that he can not get away from the power that runs the government in this nation and finally realized that is not him.

If we are to clean Washington from the dirt and corruption America will be without leadership.

I have to give credit to the person that "said" power corrupts even the very righteous.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Judicial Watch might portray themselves as "bi-partisan" but they proudly own a very conservative agenda.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Judicial Watch might portray themselves as "bi-partisan" but they proudly own a very conservative agenda.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by maybereal11]

And that changes the facts presented in this post how???

Straw grasping again are we?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Even so...

THESE PEOPLE ARE FORMER LOBBYISTS.

You guys are ignoring the ethic rules that he has in place... to keep people from lobbying within his administration.

So he didn't lie... he COMPROMISED.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
So he didn't lie... he COMPROMISED. BIG DIFFERENCE.

You sure about that? He absolutely stated .. in very strong terms .. that 'no lobbyists will have a job in my White House.' When he gets in, he instantly hires a BUNCH of them. He had to have some idea of who he wanted in his administration when he made those promises. And if he didn't know who he wanted, he should have kept to his promise once he was in.

He either lied because he knew he was going to hire those people or he broke his promise.

Broken promises aren't compromise. They are just broken promises.
He could have found others to do the jobs and kept his word about CHANGE and about no lobbyists.

Part of the 'change' rhetoric was to change the way things were done.
Lobbyists are part of the way things were done.
He showcased that in the election cycle.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Since the fact is that they're former lobbyists means that they're not lobbyists right now. As long as they abide by the ethics rule the only thing that I see wrong with it is that they could leave the Obama administration and then go back to lobbying and lobby with the officials in the Obama administration later on... if they abide to the ethic rules then I see no problems with it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Rasmussen

Rasmussen has Obama's approval at 60%. That's still pretty good but it's way down from the hoooooopla of the inauguration parties. I don't know if it's down because of broken lobbyist promises, the spendulus bill, the problems with his cabinet appointments, or just the general public waking up to reality.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Story Here

Obama backs off lofty lobbying pledge.

On Friday, the White House dropped a ban on federal lobbyists verbally contacting government agency officials to discuss projects that are part of the $787 billion fiscal stimulus package.

The prohibition against oral communication with lobbyists now is in place only for competitively bid applications for stimulus package projects. The ban is also now directed at non-lobbyists too, according to a white House blog written by ethics official Norm Eisen and cited on Roll Call News

Change you can believe in.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by FlyersFan]

top topics

join