It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone received the federal tax refund yet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is my first time to file again since 2001. I had to go back to work last year due to the energy prices and failing economy. I tried to e-file, but because I could not provide an amount for last year, I was unable to. I filed fed and state through the postal service 1/26/09. They said it will take up to 6-8wks. That is normal for all the previous years in my life that I filed. I remember the check always came in the mail on Sat.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by skeeveve

Please stand by while the treasury prints some more monopoly money.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

DUH why would he give that day as the day to pull the money for the mortgage. That was silly. My husband almost made the same mistake.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Got both of my refunds (federal and state) already, on the day initially scheduled. Already spent, too...down payment on a nice shiny Chevy Traverse- and with no problems at all getting the loan.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Got both my state and federal already. Filed January 29th, funds were in my account February 6th. Yay new TV! Thank you Turbo tax.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
i filed my taxes on the 23rd of january and recieved my state tax the following friday however 3 weeks has almost passed and i have yet to recieve my federal tax.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
My online status originally said by 2/17 and a few days later it was changed to 2/24. This has never happened to be before as well and it stinks when you would like your refund. So now I guess it will actually show up on Friday the 20th, 2009 since I always get it on a Friday like the rest of the country. Hope it helps to know that you aren't the only one. Have a Great Day!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
To the person with a bounced mortgage payment - why on earth are you relying on a tax refund to pay your mortgage?

Your house payment should be the first thing you budget for every month, not an afterthought paid with money scraped together from wherever.

This is perhaps the mindset that has led to the recent spike in foreclosures and the rest of the economic fallout that has followed.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

This Friday Federal Return direct deposit thing is not right. Last year my return went to my account on a Wednesday, this year on a Monday, and of all things a legal holiday! I use turbo tax, and nothing has changed. I have never recieved a deposit on a Friday. Rather a Wednesday or like this year, it said they were depositing my account on the 16th, and they did! I think they will do whatever they want as far as making deposits.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Filed February 1...haven't received a refund payment yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Filed 2/4, TurboTax expected payment on 2/13. IRS site says 2/24. Ouch. State of OH filed at same time. Received that refund on 2/12.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Filed, received, spent. Vicious circle, that is

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i also was expecting a refund today 2/17 but never got it. I checked with bank and no direct deposit was even initiated. the website says processing and to expect by 2/17 will that change when it is actually deposited. I can't even get a live person to find out what happened to the refund. Really upset with over a $2000 refund missing.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I filed on Jan 29, 2009 and they accepted and said my estimated payment date was guess what Friday February 13, 2009 nice huh. Well little and behold I went to my checking account that day and no payment has been made so when I go to Wheres my refund site. They say there is a delay in processing my refund and for me to call 1 800 829 0582 and ask for ext 462. So i do this and hold for 15 minutes to speak to a live person then when the live person gets on the line they hang up on me. I am expecting a 3582.00 refund. And still have no clue why I haven't gotten the payment or when. It is very frustrating. I used turbo tax to file.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join