It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone received the federal tax refund yet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has received the federal tax refund yet?
I have filed electronically and was told I should have the refund in my account "on or around 01/30/09". I didn't get it yet and in recent years, the estimated date was pretty accurate.

Just hoping the gov isn't deferring or canceling refunds
(like they said they might do in California).

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Got mine about a week after filing. Already spent it too.

2nd line goes here.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
jeeeeeze you guys are fast. We haven't even gotten all our forms yet. Any money that we may get back will go straight to the orthodontist. YIKES! That's going to be an awful bill!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
In the past when I have e-filed the projected date was right on the money.

This year I'm filing snail mail. I can never remember my adjusted gross income from the past year to e-file for the current year and since I moved nearly all of my documents have been destroyed.

The last time I filed by snail mail it took about a month.

Did you ask for a check or direct deposit? Depending on business days direct deposit might get delayed a couple of days or so.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I e-filed on the 23rd and both Federal and State were in my checking account Fri morning the 30th.

I've used half of it to stimulate the economy so far

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skeeveve

Yes anybody that has fallen for the scam going on in December and early January that offers to used your last December pay stub to file your taxes and received a line of credit for it.

My son works at a video store and said that they are having a boom of line of credit cards from tax filling places buying electronics and games.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
sa2.www4.irs.gov...

fairly accurate date of mailing.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
In the past when I have e-filed the projected date was right on the money.

This year I'm filing snail mail. I can never remember my adjusted gross income from the past year to e-file for the current year and since I moved nearly all of my documents have been destroyed.

The last time I filed by snail mail it took about a month.

Did you ask for a check or direct deposit? Depending on business days direct deposit might get delayed a couple of days or so.

Direct deposit. I filed on 01/20/09, so it's been exactly 2 weeks now.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
sa2.www4.irs.gov...

fairly accurate date of mailing.

Jeee - I just checked on that site and they say 02/10/09. Wonder why it takes so long.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I got people.

I filed in house and had my refund placed on a debit card. Funds were available the next morning.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Some people go to those places that gives them loans until their real check shows up. So in reality you may not be dealing with the IRS. I personally don't use rapid refund. I try to get back every penny I am owed. In a way some of you are making the bankers richer off some of the rapid refund loans.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
My rapid refund cost me $20 to have my money within 24 hours.

Had I kept my $20, my refund would have mailed in 8-15 days. We thought it was worth it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't have to file as yet......

I used to have to wait until around the end of January to get all of my W2 forms. Since I've been on SSDI, I haven't had to file in about 5 years.

Last year I decided not to file just to get a 'possible' check for 300.00. I was so mad about the gas prices and losing money in my 401k that it seemed like getting chump change as sympathy after being rolled by some thug.

I'm now debating on cashing my 401k now that it's low enough to supposedly not have to pay any taxes on it combined with my SSDI. I'm afraid the government will seize the money to pay back on the SSI or other. I guess I need a tax consultant's advice?

Yeah, the longer you wait unless you e-file, the longer it takes as they get bogged down?

I've been happy not to have to file for a few years. I just don't understand why some people with the earned income credit get back huge amounts of returns like over $4,000.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

4 to 6 weeks at a minimum, 6 to 8 when they get busy

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
For information-- Federal returns are always sent to be received on Fridays only. Depending on your state that return always shows up on a certain day of the week also-my state is on Mondays...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We were supposed to get it today. So now the mortgage payment just bounced, and there is a new date when it is supposed to come. I told my husband not to trust the date the gave!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I filed on the 16th of Jan and I still haven't received mine either never had this problem before my dates have been accurate also.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I sent a paper return on the 5th of January. As of today the IRS still does not show it as processed. This is much different than last year. A report on one of the cable news networks yesterday said that there are a record number of early filers like me, hence the significant delay.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I did my taxes Monday evening. E-File says I'll get my direct deposit refund on the 13th; the IRS web site says before the 17th.

I've never had a problem in the past....the dates have always been pretty accurate.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I did mine e-file on the 23rd. I just checked the irs website and they couldn't even find mine to give me a status and said to wait at least another week before I checked again! Crap! I need the money yesterday!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join