It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally...a lucid dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I have been trying to have lucid dreams off and on for the past few years, and I believe I finally had one last night...maybe those who have had one/more themselves can add their take to this:

In my dream, everything was going as normal...well, as normal as my dreams get anyway. lol Then at one point, I was in a room with a bunch of military people, all who were wearing a new type of camouflage, however, I was wearing an older style, as was 1 other person. As the dream progressed, this other person was essentially mimicing everything I was doing, and it kind of hit me that this was odd. Why would some strange person be the only other person wearing my style of camouflage, and doing everything I'm doing? That's when it hit me that I was dreaming...I actually spoke the words aloud in my dream, "Hey, this is a dream!" I distinctly remember making a concerted effort NOT to wake up. Once that feeling settled, and I didn't wake up, this other person sort of "showed me" how to fly...but it wasn't really instructional, if that makes sense. It just kind of happened...he did it, then I did it. I do recall having to concentrate to keep myself flying...if I'd think to hard about anything else, I'd lose some of my control and either begin to float toward the ground, or just not be able to control my momentum. The rest of the dream was fairly uneventful, other than the fact that I could fly at will. When the dream ended, I remember trying to tell myself not to wake up yet, but my alarm clock had other ideas in mind. lol

Anyway, it was an amazing feeling to have that epiphany of "hey, I'm dreaming. I know I'm dreaming, but I'm not waking up." and suddenly feeling like you can do anything. I really hope this isn't a one time thing, as I've been trying for years. I would love to have more experiences like this...

Questions? Comments? Jokes?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Welcome to the land of lucid dreamers. Shakesbeer has a thread about lucid dreams there has been a lot of people giving their expierences on it and he along woth others on it have some good interpretations. Only thing I can tell you is not to give up the lucid dreams tend to come and go in the begining so just keep try and it gets easier. My flying in my dreams seems to be like your if I focus too hard I either fall or can't take off.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Congratulations. I've had a few lucid dreams. None of them were enjoyable to say the least. I knew I was dreaming but couldn't wake up. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have more. It comes with time.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaruseleh

Have you tried taking melatonin? Or vitamin B?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
An excellent way to increase your chances of having a Lucid Dream is to add some techniques to your normal waking life. For instance in your awake life always look twice at handwriting and other things that are 'fixed in place' in the real world. If you make a habit of looking at handwriting twice every time you see it during your waking life (see it, look away, look again) you may perform that same action in a dream. If you look at handwriting twice in a dream it will change and this will clue you in to the fact you are indeed dreaming.

I have shared this technique with my friends and a few of them have used it and it worked to provoke their first Lucid Dream ever.

True Lucid Dreaming is very close to being one of the best things life has to offer.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well - I had a weird one last night.

It was almost like either a) a lucid dream, or b) an Incubus 'attack' (or whatever you want to call it.)

The thing that is weird about, is that it was a dream in a dream. Ahh, mighty odd...needless to say though it was...uh...*a happy dream-dream* haha. Sorry!

[edit on 4-2-2009 by emmy]

top topics

join