It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS motto?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I like your suggestion of The Solution is Within

But I am equally partial to your username Unlimited Possibilities

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"Deny Ignorance" is catchy. Not what happens here on ATS, but catchy nonetheless.

People from all walks, races and levels of society introduce their ideas on threads, and by the time the thread begins to peter out, what it resolves is nothing much, and the original idea is invariably reduced to substantial difference of opinion. This is not 'deny ignorance.' People choose a side or belief (of the point), and on to another thread.

There is no 'Deny Ignorance' on ATS, ever. Merely differences of opinion, endlessly: if you want insight, go within yourself (learn to do it). Even in this, it takes years to recognize SoulSelf contact, or what is often termed Higher Self. You will find the Truth in the Invisible Side of Existence, not in the Visible: The Real Reflects the Unreal: "As Above, So Below; As Within, So Without." The Invisible Rules the Visible.

People of 'materiality is all there is' inclination, will be mystified by this (unless they suddenly have a NDE, in which case they quickly come around regarding possibilities...).

So, if you want to get to the Truth of it, use the motto that spells the Truth for what happens when ideas are presented to the large ATS community:

"Death Before Truth."

This expresses the materiality that controls the subject direction (idea evolution) here on ATS. Insulting? Yes. The Truth is part of the Real, not the Unreal, which is haled as 'concrete evidence' in a World & Creation Where Nothing Is Absolute and Nothing Is Solid Matter.

Go figure. And let's be sure to remember that Truth should be hunted elsewhere (within), rather than a Maze of Confusion. Truth exists here, but the Maze is All Powerful in the minds of man, who are (mostly) blinded by the Light of Illusion (Unreal). No wonder people hate Truth, and desire to kill the messenger, eh?

Ever notice how ideas evolve, anybody? Here's the Process:

Abstract to Concrete....

Which is why this process is commonly used to develop an idea, and called:

"Research & Development," and Not "Development & Research" (initially).

Wherein the 'research' represents the Abstract, or Invisible (Real), and evolves into 'development,' which represents the Concrete (reflected, Unreal: nothing 'solid' in existence). It's a process few grasp, or are willing to Face, period. Get you mad? Of course.

"Death Before Truth."*

Carry on, ATS.

(*PS - I got this 'motto' from an ATS member's signature statement, something to the effect that "people would rather die than face the truth; in fact, they do so everyday." Who was that again? It is quite apt.)

[edit on 3-2-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

I'm rather surprised that you support the motto 'deny ignorance' SS,Naga.

Afterall, and if I'm not mistaken, I saw you of all people endlessly ranting in the civility and decorum thread. A brave move; considering the amount of mods circling like vultures over there

BTW, are you a philosophy graduate/student or something? .. very apt indeed,, you've definitely caught my eye more than once.. and I mean that in a good way.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm just shuddering at the thought of all the avatars I'd have to redo.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I love it the way it is...

If it ain't broken....don't fix it

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How about:

'The solution is in the truth'

?

Regards S_G

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

EDIT: took out the unnecessary crap.

[edit on 3/2/09 by Majorion]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

No offense dude, and I really don't wanna start a ranting fight here but...

Is there anything you DON'T like about ATS? .. I too love ATS in most aspects, but sometimes.. some things.. need to change for the better.. wouldn't you agree?

Ask yourself.. how many times you came across an idiot claiming you were the ignorant one because of the motto 'deny ignorance'?
and this is the part that might be considered somewhat offensive... you gunning for a moderating role or something?.. sorry.. really just had to say that dude.
Peace,,
Majorion

If you only knew how ironic what you just said was ..... ohhh man too funny!!!
I've had many run-ins and my fair share of probs with members and staff on here... you clearly don't read enough posts on here mate

I agree some things do need to change for the better...not the motto though.

I have had people say I'm ignorant cos i didn't agree with their viewpoint, but that's the beauty.... i couldn't give a ****!!
Don't want a mod role at all....don't actually know what you're on about... as i said, i wish you were here a while back, You'd see how silly and ironic your remarks are.

You can say what you like mate...but you sound uninformed and have know idea what you're talking about

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In Blup's defense, I don't see him as the wannabe type at all. I've seen his posts!
No, seriously, though. Not that type at all. Mini-mod wannabes nauseate me but I don't get that impression from him at all.

Anyways, I like the logo as is. As for those who throw the logo in your face in a thread, just own them and throw it back. It's super fun.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
As for those who throw the logo in your face in a thread, just own them and throw it back. It's super fun.

And there is the solution!

The motto is fine.

If you really wanted to improve ATS, you wouldn't make threads about changing the motto, you would make threads about meaningful things to inspire intelligent discussion.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My humble apologies to the both of you.

Sorry blupblup, I DID evidently jump to conclusions. BTW I sent you a u2u.. please check and get back to me..

last off topic I promise..

But again, the motto has to change

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

No worries man... we all do silly things... believe me, i KNOW!!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Maybe
"Trolls within"
"Lie Lie Lie"
"We parrot the MSM for out "alternative" news"

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungStalin

Caution, there, member...

Remember, the Truth hurts like he!!, and bites like a Cobra.

I luv the MSM quip....made me chuckle. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Well i just was not sure if i was the only one who saw our alt news board looks like the MSM threw up. Someone had to say it.

Deny ignorance is good and we should stick with it. However, ignorance is open for debate just not on ATS. You can say whatever you want about Masons, christians and christ himself without any proof. But if you as a mason were to get on the board and say there is no connection between the McDonnals arches and the masons, then YOU are an ignorant troll and if you say anything to defend yourself then you are in clear violation of the T&C.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
How about this for a new motto:

ATS: Trying to fix stupid since 2002.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungStalin
"We parrot the MSM for out "alternative" news"

Where else is the highlight of a news story dependent on user response?

And how often does the MSM report as prolificly as we do the underbelly of political scandal and various other mishaps?

How often do you see a news report about a dog that saved a beetle on our pages? The feel good story of the week is a constant feature in MSM.

But if you feel that way...perhaps you would rather stick with the MSM...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

All that's true, but in YoungStalin's defense the best discussions and exposes of current news stories (in my opinion) don't go on in "Breaking Alternative News" but in the focused forums. Breaking Alternative News does sometimes look like a "how-to-propagandize" instructional list.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

www.abovetopsecret.com...
So above top secret.
It looks like Skeptic overlord shares my opinion on the subject.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungStalin

My point wasn't that the place is perfect...but still an improvement over the MSM...and as ADB stated, ATS isn't just the Breaking Alternative News forum...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join