It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were a mod for a week what would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
From time to time I’ve heard comments that Mods should do this and Mods should do that. That got me thinking what members would do if they had the chance to be a Mod for a week.

To kick off if I were a mod for a week;
I would keep my eyes peeled and issue more applauses. I think this is a great reward idea that encourages members to post quality threads.

I’m sure they do this, I’m not criticising just saying that’s one of the things I would do. You don't have to find something different to me – you may agree and do exactly the same. Special note; this is NOT an excuse to kick Mods they do a great job.

MJ2

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
you dont want to know................ you REALLY dont

and besides i cannot actually tell you - because what i would do violates almost every section of the T&C

like they say power corrupts

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Same thing I do every day on ATS, Pinky!

Seriously though. I'd do the same thing I always do.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I would stop posting as much

just like the other mods..

where is Semper?

Byrd?

oh well

we do miss their fine contributions ..

glad im not a mod!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I would move this thread to "General Chit-chat", and give you an applause.

Then I would go on an oversized avatar hunt. I've heard tale of the Great Avatar Roundup Of '08, and they sound fun - lots of mead and jolly slaughter and such.

Edit: mention, and it be done.

[edit on Feb 3rd 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I would run for the hills. I have been a mod on a much smaller site and the crap you deal with is unbelievable, and that is just between the mods.

I can only imagine what it is like on a site like this, with controversial topics. I say bless them all and leave it to those who I hope know what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I would greatly enforce this:
PLEASE ADD TO EXISTING THREAD

THREAD CLOSED.

Nothing burns my butt more than multiple threads on the same topic...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Where would I start?...Mwhahaha

First thing I would do is get hold of the cafeteria keys and copy them for when my week was over. That way I could gain access when the food fight starts.
I would also do some serious recon as I could so when I am a normal member again I could continue the revolution Mod/Member bonding with inside information.

Apart from that I would focus on duplicate threads and have a squiz though the Trash Forum...just out of curiosity.

I would also be thankful it is only for a week.

[edit on 3/2/2009 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'd go on vacation for a week, somewhere with no internet access.

Rush

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'd put on my combat boots and sit here 24/7, coffee and cigarrette deprived, no time for food and my only satisfaction would be.....being mean and taking my hunger out on everyone else....:bnghd:

*waiting for that u2u welcoming me as a mod*

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

LMAO DG. Yes, I'm sure you have that U2U by now, don't you?

And it's nice to see you

Rush

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
GREAT POSTS SO FAR KEEP EM COMING
Mods can edit my caps

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If I were a mod for a week, Ill just applaud all the members who post quality stuff in my favourite science and technology and space exploration forum, and also, get to know what is in the mod only forum

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What's a Mod?

I thought those were just members with bigger name tags....

...well....some of them....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

i wouldnt be on ATS that week
the amount of crap people get just because they have a diffrent permission mask and name Tag, its unbelivable on ATS and something i frawn apon.

just thinking of the rubbish i would get for expressing my views gives me a headache. :shk:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I know what I would do if I were mod for a week. I would do the same thing that I do most of the time. That is stay away from a majority of topics on ATS. Besides, I am a mod on a small railroad forum and I don't have anything to do on there.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hand out applause for quality posts.

Quickly shut down duplicate threads.

Issue warns to nasty and rude posters.

Protect DATS from any and all future Mod take-over attempts.

Infiltrate the FCP for future non-fighter take-over attempts.

"Borrow" a Super-Mod's cape, mask, and super-secret folding chair (I hear that those chairs are very, very nice.....and I don't want to sit on the ground/floor).

Buy MariaStardust her own personal jumbo sized jar of pickled herring.

Give MemoryShock the secret to defeating Sally.

Resign.

Take some migraine meds, have a good, stiff drink, and go back to being a regular, ole ATS/BTS member.

[edit on 2/3/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think my first reaction would be to rummage through the "Trash Bin" and look at threads the got deleted. I think I missed a few juicy ones that got trashed before I saw them.

But in reality, I don't think I'd log on for that week.:shk:

top topics

join