It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark, why are people still looking?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
How is it, we could have a discovery like this and not know about it and to the point of where people are still looking?

This video is amazing and in my opinion undeniable evidence of Noah's Ark... Discovered in 1984...

More information - WebPage

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
so they saw some odd looking (from above) formations in the land,
And they found some stones, which granted, could have been used as an anchor,
but they found no proof that the 'ark' ever existed itself,
no fossilised beams, no animal skeletons, (afterall there should be thousands upon thousands)
they didnt find any proof that thousands of un-natural (for that area) animals suddenly began populating the area
etc. etc. etc.
the list goes on

sty

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I would like to see some Koala or Panda fossils
or Lama fossils ? Look, I believe that the flood was real , but the problem is : the known world back then was far far smaller than our World. A local flood could be "global" from the point of view of the people back 5000 years ago , so I guess people should stop looking on top of mountains for boats and get more speciffic to the Tiger-Eufrat area.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I always heard Ron Wyatt was a drunk, a hoaxer, and was just out to make money. He's been around a long time saying one crazy thing after another. Many people are familiar with his work, except maybe the younger crowd. I still believe it is on top of a mountain somewhere near Iran.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yes .. why are people still looking? Noahs Ark is a myth.

There was a major world flood.
But there was no ark that carried 2 of every kind of animal on earth.
Impossible.

If there had been a Noahs Ark then there'd be polar bears and penquins living in Turkey today. And kangaroos and armadillos. etc etc.

The Noah's Ark story was stolen from the Summerians and their creation myths. A lot of the Christian bible was taken from the Summerians and the Egyptians.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would take a wild guess that the reason why people still look for the Ark is because of a faith factor, the faith that they will find it and the faith that the story is true.

Basically, the answer is faith.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I can't see how anyone could deny the evidence.. Or even go as far as to say it was planted... Everything was recorded and honestly I didn't feel anyone was trying to conceal anything... It was instantly protected and turned into a park, it can be examined by anyone and I bet you it will reveal the same results to anyone who tests it is as it did for the scientists... I really don't see the argument...

Why is it that people try so hard to disbelieve? Those who do not believe, why do you call for god in times of joy or pain?

I really think what people don't understand is we are all God, we are all part of a single conscientiousness.. We are all part of God... We've been held back somehow and have no perception for what the truth is... It is told to you in the simplest of terms and yet you pull it apart and assign it multiple meanings... Why is this? Is it to try and confuse the word, to attempt to deceive people from the true power we have? I think so... I was once blind too... I'm still not open to everything and don't expect to be, and do have faith... I do believe in the lord i believe we're connected we share everything and the abilities of God and that anything that is everything is God and is connected in one form or another... God told us he would reveal this to us on his return, no time sooner, so why do people seek so many things so many signs? Might want to check yourself if you're seeking a sign...

I do think this is a really cool discovery... Sometimes the simplest things tend to be the truth and really what other boat could have been around in the time frame of that one? Do you think we are the only human civ to be on this earth besides the few you might know of like the Mians Egyptians etc... ? Do you think that's air you breath? hmmm

ok that was from matrix, sorry...

Seriously, God spoke of the flood and spoke that if the end time comes to us it will come in fire this round and will also be the final time... So really how many times has he destroyed the earth? Only 1 and maybe a 2nd if we don't straighten up? I think it might have been more times than this seeing as human predate our bible... God has existed as long as humans have which means the word of god goes back further than our bible, further than the Mians and most likely this world has been dealt with more than 1 and and upcoming 2nd time... You'd think anyway, seems plausible...

No I think this boat is most likely the Arc because it's so obvious, so simple the way of God...

Anyway, don't want to get too far off topic... I'll stop this one here..

[edit on 16-3-2009 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The reason they are still looking is because the "myth" or story can't ever be found or might prove the Bible has some historical premise. We can't have that!!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Interesting video. Proof they found Noah's Ark? Nope.

Although, all the arguments against it on this thread are ignorant of the story itself. As usual.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well thats a star and a flag for sure ! What a great find. I think that a lot of what they say is amazing and has a lot of evidence behind all of which is well forwarded - but calling it "undeniable" might be going a little bit too far. I think that the 18ft Sarcophagus, straight rock fences, alters and numerous other things were all convincing but "undeniable" is a little bit to much. Although i must admit, i am interested in this enough to do some additional research.

Thanks for showing me this Video - Fox.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Well, I do not know what to say about this. I am sure you have all watched the other video that the history channel did about where the Noah's Ark could be and they give an analysis that is in on the actual top of Mount Ararat covered in snow and is very hard to access to. There was a guy from the 1930's who went up there with his son? and from that old footage they pulled wood from atop.

This one is different than anything I have ever seen or heard. Just right there on top of mount doomsday? I have to see it for myself.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Interesting video. Proof they found Noah's Ark? Nope.

Although, all the arguments against it on this thread are ignorant of the story itself. As usual.

Ignorant, kind of like this post... Would you like to expand on your comments a little maybe explain why you think this...

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
Well that's a star and a flag for sure ! What a great find. I think that a lot of what they say is amazing and has a lot of evidence behind all of which is well forwarded - but calling it "undeniable" might be going a little bit too far. I think that the 18ft Sarcophagus, straight rock fences, alters and numerous other things were all convincing but "undeniable" is a little bit to much. Although i must admit, i am interested in this enough to do some additional research.

Thanks for showing me this Video - Fox.

Yes maybe not undeniable for some... I would agree with you there... I guess it's just my understanding of God and how he tends to work in a simpler manner where as the opposite of him as we all know, is shifty, secretive and deceptive in nature... We all know this because we have this burning battle inside us all, the battle of good vs evil... I would imagine more studies would have to be done on the artifacts... Would be nice to completely unravel it... Might take several years to prove scientifically and for some that is what they need, for me all I need and I don't really need it per say, is faith... Because I have it... I always approach every subject with an open mind trying to take what is plausible and then using the information I know of from tons of reading and research try to come up with the best conclusions... From this research I gathered enough information to see how each side operates... So when something seems deceptive or shifty I can immediately associate it with either good or evil... I do understand that I honestly can't say it's undeniable, so I take that back... We'll just have to wait and see what else might turn up on this find... Which I think we can all agree with is a good find...

Originally posted by Mortal Monk
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Well, I do not know what to say about this. I am sure you have all watched the other video that the history channel did about where the Noah's Ark could be and they give an analysis that is in on the actual top of Mount Ararat covered in snow and is very hard to access to. There was a guy from the 1930's who went up there with his son? and from that old footage they pulled wood from atop.

This one is different than anything I have ever seen or heard. Just right there on top of mount doomsday? I have to see it for myself.

No did not see the History Channel version... That is bunk IMO because of my reasoning which I explained above... First of all the History channel is associated with TLC, Science and Discovery that I know of... Overall the programs are nice, but a lot of times the information is not entirely accurate and can be deceptive... I see on TLC a plethora of programs trying to say Jesus wasn't the son of God and seems to try to sway peoples minds by presenting the information in a documentary type fashion as if everything they explain is true... They say it as if it was true and give little to no evidence to back up there claims... History in it's own IMO, is mostly fiction... As history of history has proven if one ruler wants to restart history he will... There is no telling how far back true history goes... Even now with archeological digs artifacts are covered up, you can research this on your own, you'll find the proof easy enough... They cover up new information to preserver their made up information to save face... Another human thing I guess... Caring too much about what others think... I would not trust anything those channels say about religion or history... If you do watch it please watch it with an open mind and the willingness to research the claims...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I did watch this with an open mind. AND it doesn't feel right. I am actually a student of archaeology and I am not so sure if this "boat" if you call it one is an actual boat. It still could be many things that is built from wood.

If it was a boat I bet there was more than one. Just because a book tells us that there was just one boat doesn't provide much evidence for me as much as if I want to believe it.

I am sorry but this religious channel only represents more of a closed mind than an open one. Just a "one" possibility where you cannot do that at all in the field of archaeology. You have to think of more than just one possibility and the results would vary on what it might be.

To me this is speculation. Right off they find something that looks like a boat and they automatically claim that it is one. It is like me claiming that the dead animal in my backyard is a cat. When it could actually be a lynx.

Now the whole History channel thing. I know that they are not so reliable and they speculate like everyone else and just like the people in that channel in the link provided. Speculation!

Besides I think the Noah's Ark is somewhere else and not the place that they claim it is.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mortal Monk

It would make sense though... With the changes of the Earth from then to now... How Volcano's created those peaks and how there would be land slides etc... The bible speaks about how back in those days it would be like today... Today would be like then, the time of Noah... Which I could then speculate and say they would have acted in the same fashion we do today when something of great importance needs to be covered up... And/or it was naturally covered up...? Great floods are possible, science can prove that and it's possible for something to be preserved... The whatever it is in the mountain is petrified... I think they simply present the information and there is no harm in being religious, just so happens the channel putting on the air is a religious channel... Do you think you'd see the same show on History or Discovery? Probably, but they'd try to disprove it...

You are correct to say it might not be a boat or if it is, it might not be the Arc, but if it did prove to be a boat in fact and the dimensions are that in which the bible explains how would you make it out to be a different boat? What other boats were around back then that size? And you would be saying that some how a boat was preserved in the side of a mountain near the peaks mentioned in the bible, the size mentioned in the bible all by coincidence?

IMO I'd think at this point you'd be speculating or just trying really hard to not believe... I'm open to your theories about it for sure... I'm sure we could both find the information discussed in the video from the archeologist who did the testing and studied it... Along with the other scientists mentioned... Then I'm sure if that's not enough we could both go there to prove the information is correct, find out we spent money to prove something we should have just had faith in to begin with... It's ok to have faith, it's ok to believe in something... Not saying you don't or do not...

Maybe you got a bad feeling because someone wanted you to see it... Maybe you lack faith, maybe you do not let God into your life? Maybe it's government programming that's got you down, maybe it's your science teacher teaching you the ways of science, but not the fundamentals of humanity... Open minded doesn't mean to disprove and disbelieve in everything... You will never believe in anything this way, nor will you have faith... Open minded is to find the correct path to the truth... Anyway, I see where you are coming from, but I'm still not really convinced otherwise, either way... However, I'm leaning more towards the Arc...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well. Now I do not know from this point if this is the ark or not. There are good evidence suggesting that it is a possible location because of the way it looks and it does look odd. Since the Quran Bible stated that is on Mount Judi then this is the case for this formation that we see here. If it isn't then it might be pretty close.

The best information that you we have and we should look at is the bible inscription and details of how large the boat is, how tall and where it's last known location is at.

Before I move on you have to know what stance I am in. I am Roman Catholic. However, my beliefs are expanded more then average because of the other religions especially Buddhism I rightfully respect and believe to be true. I find it rather hard to disprove other peoples religions. But the number one thing that makes me different from most people that are in a religion is how I am more of a spiritual person than religious. You can say all you want of my not having faith in whatever. Because it doesn't really bother me nor does it really hurt me because I know I got some special belief in something and I do not deny God what so ever. I believe in God from head to toe.

But, I do know that the bible has been altered so many times you don't know what is truly truth in the bible and what is not really the truth. I mean the whole bible is controlled by men and that is a problem. Women back then you should already know had no say in anything what so ever. So having them not really being mentioned as hero's in bible is kind of sad. Because I know that they were and were possibly erased by those scholars that wrote the bible. Overtime they obviously looked over what was said and of course during that course whatever religion they were in required them to change what they see that didn't fit for that moment in time.

This has been done to my religion numerous times even the pope right now stated something completely different from what was said a year ago. Everything changes. The standard changes. The same is said in the bible.

Now. I do not want to sidetrack here because we can talk about the bible accuracies and inaccuracies all day.

Lets focus on this videos location of the Noah's Ark. What is it surrounded by? Nothing much really, just more bumpy land. Like you said caused by lava. Overtime we wouldn't see much left from the Ark.

Since they believed that they had many vistor's come by to take a look at ark it obviously has been broken into and looted. Even the wood was probably taken out piece by piece to be used for something. They couldn't guard something like that forever. The boat had useful materials to be used and I have no doubt that it was hacked down. How much of it was hacked down I do not know. Now. I am impressed on that stone block thing that sounds like metal with crosses in the video. It is something that is for sure. But, it could be from a building that used to be there or was dragged. Even though I kind of doubt that it was dragged.

There is something significant that is for sure. I am no expert on lava, but if that boat was wood. I am sure that it would of been burned to hell. Even so it at the same time may have preserved something. That being said it would be that large object with the crosses engraved.

But, I thought for something that old it would be buried more into that ground and that it would have to be dug up if it was that old and if the land has been changed around overtime. The old dirt would have to be at the bottom and the new dirt would be at the top. The dirt has to be analyzed on how old it is. But the problem we don't know the time frame from the bible to now. There is a huge debate on the age difference between the science world and the biblical one. You know earth is only a couple hundred years old where as the scientist say that world is millions because of the dinosaurs. So how can we get a exact time right when we do not know what is what.

That is something they have to figure out.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yes .. why are people still looking? Noahs Ark is a myth.

There was a major world flood.
But there was no ark that carried 2 of every kind of animal on earth.
Impossible.

If there had been a Noahs Ark then there'd be polar bears and penquins living in Turkey today. And kangaroos and armadillos. etc etc.

The Noah's Ark story was stolen from the Summerians and their creation myths. A lot of the Christian bible was taken from the Summerians and the Egyptians.

Yeah but I think the point is that all myths have a kernel of truth in them somewhere. For this story to have been retold so many times begs the question: Was there an ark of any sort? What was two of every kind of animal to us might have just been the animals you might have on a farm without the predators etc?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I seem to recall seeing a special on the history chan or some articles on the internet about each culture and region in the world has its own version of a flood story.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Often when a true event happens pagans will write their own spin on events just like JFK's death. As a christian I know the bible story is true and the one that is not in it. That is Noah took stones the glowed lightly in the day and brightly at night on the ark. With them there were no fires and they could animals at night.Also food was preserved from it. The ark being a type of Christ who transfigured to show inter light as also seen with the ark of the covenant with its bowl of manna inside it.
The earth before the flood was warmed to the poles by a ice canopy likely heat loving animals would likely drift to the equator over time. However even on these high mountains are found sea shells and other sea remains being once covered by salt water.
In order to have animals grow to such large size then ( 3ft. rabbits, 47ft. gators, 9ft. sloths and wombats the size of a cow etc.).The earths EMF's were altered when corrected fish grow twice as fast in half the time to huge sizes and life spans are long due to the fact that when a cell divides nine times the first cell wont die as today. It is noted under the higher oxygen just under 50% and at two atmospheres pressure people lived to be just under 1,000 years old.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
HAhahaha after the "earth is only 6000 years old" jewel that the bible has given us, my second favorite STORY is Noah's ark.

I can definitely understand how people could be so easily fooled thousands of years ago they did not know any better. But people, it's 2009, and we debunk the bible every single day.

Honestly, Noahs story alone debunks the bible in a thousand ways. Look at the contradiction involved, it's said every single animal in pairs was lead onto the ark to survive the flood. COME ON PEOPLE theres hundreds of thousands of specicies of animals on earth, some we haven't even discovered yet. So how is that possible? We're supposed to take his word SERIOUSLY, so I take it seriously when the bible says two of EVERY animal. But its IMPOSSIBLE, and completely fantasy.

Bible = Blind faith = In the box thinking = Limited existence = Ignorance.

It is noted under the higher oxygen just under 50% and at two atmospheres pressure people lived to be just under 1,000 years old.

After the first 95% of your utterly ignorant post, I got to that jewel. You realize that up until 1900 people were lucky if they lived to 50, or 60. You claim they lived to 1000? Wow. Another bible thumping jewel, you may just get a spot in my signature one day.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by king9072]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
ok i think alot of people on this thread are being very very stupid in their assumptions.

many people in this thread are like "i wanna see animal skeletons cuz aaaanimaaals were on the ark"

right right right.. yeah and the PURPOSE of the freaking ark was to SAVE the damn animals not crash and let them all die to show you pretty little fossils!

if the Ark was SUCCESSFUL in it's purpose (SAVING ALL ANIMALS FROM DEATH)..

then would there be any DEAD ANIMALS?

NO!

freaking holy rap man! (and I mean that in the biblical sense)

haaay o ya you find noah ark i want see animal skeleton there should be many i wan see animaaal fossal daaaaarr

-

top topics

<<   2 >>

join