It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comercial loan bubble bursting soon is the real crisis!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

LOL! So what you're saying is, bring back Mr. Bubbles? AKA, Alan Greenspan? (seeing as Lawrence Welk is long dead...)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They say bubbles make everyone happy. Its just when they all pop the smiles go away and everybody wants more. and the cycle contiunes on and on.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Take a bath with Mr. Bubbles! Just splash around in massive debt and let Mr. Bubbles do the rest, he will clean you out, butt good!

[edit on 2/5/2009 by Zerbst]

[edit on 2/5/2009 by Zerbst]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

If your lender takes away your assets in default, they have recovered sufficient collateral according to their original terms. How is it logical that they are to be further compensated by government bailout funds? If lenders are being offered this dual compensation, as well as sole discretion of determining credit worthiness, why wouldn't they tighten up lending? This is what I would like to see eliminated. A system that can offer this funding in a much more secure way. Considering that small business is by far providing the majority of jobs and tax revenue, protecting it's existence should be a much higher priority. Being at the mercy of foreign banks is suicide and that has now become reality.

In my case I was the entrepreneur who started my company with credit. I now, along with my staff, do NOT have a job because of the credit that was taken away from me due to unavailability. This is what I feel is exactly wrong with credit. The fact is that these conditions can be artificially created as a tool to redistribute wealth. All I am asking is that WE understand the possibility that this may very well be what is going on right now? If so, WE should find a way to make sure it never happens again. It's the least WE should do considering WE are the only ones being hurt by it.

What kind of business did you have?

I see what your point is about credit having been manipulated to make it all powerful such that it is like air to breathe.

I am interested in hearing about what kind of business you had and were involved with.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

I had a full service collision repair facility just outside of Detroit. We also did custom body and paint and classic car restoration. Hot Rods, custom motorcycles, custom computers & game consoles, RC vehicles, etc... Opened in 1987. Had plans to franchise until things began declining in 2002. Now completely closed after a period of bank and insurance company abuses and fraudulent equipment repossession. All a direct result of relaxed regulations and oversight of large corporations only. They were granted more freedom while small companies like mine were further burdened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join