It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population Control "A License to Breed"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
in reading this thread a lot of things have went on in my "brain case" what i believe the OP is a very basic set of, where maybe we should start, guidlines.

now Im not saying its a right thing to do but when the planet itself is at risk? and quite possibly our species? would it not be more rational to let the planet and species to have a future?

whether you believe in an overpopulation crisis or not where going there.
we will have famines wars riots more government oppression, etc...
we are fighting over oil now.
whats gonna happen we we hit some hard droughts which we have had here in the SW states for a few years now. what about when the planets temperature continues to rise even a few more degrees our food growing areas will shift and we could run out of room to grow necessary food/ grains. causing war over food.

what are you going to think when that happens "Oh I guess we should have done something about that"

does it seem too unresonable to let sane, stabile people have a few kids? not ones that will leave a single mother like your inner-city gangbangers who cant take care of anyone but themselves. or the rich, who usually dont have morals or only give a damn about there financial success, we have here in the US or wherever. why should someone have a kid if the cant even feed it of clothe it or give it a proper home or shelter that doesnt leak when it rains or whatever. is that irrational?

i think if anything like this it should more be a limit on the number of kids
for example:
no more than 2

[edit on 3-2-2009 by stargazer13]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

A License to Breed
A Libertarian proposing a License to Breed

Learning to get points fast on ATS are we?
Please don't take me wrong, I love irony.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JMartinMahoney

If you think we can make enough food to sustain 10 billion in a few decades? I don't think so. We consume and waste so much, we forget 2/3 of the world is already starving at the cost of western consumerism.
----------------------------------------------
I do not believe that we should have a "license to breed". China had the 1 child policy remember, which is basically the same thing. China has ended up with a whole generation of predominantly males, which is quite scary.

Human life expectancy is going to fall as younger generations of obese children grow up with a myriad of health problems, due to uneducated parents not giving their children the life sustaining nutritional diet they needed.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Avarus

A License to Breed
A Libertarian proposing a License to Breed

If you read the original post. I'm an independent. I lean toward libertarian views, but they're far too idealistic to hop on the bandwagon. This is an honest question I posed. A lot of the people I know have discussed this topic with me. I could honestly care less about points. I don't even know what they're for really.

You can't look at the direction the US government is headed and tell me, in all sincerity, that this isn't a viable scenario in our near future...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus

Here's the sticky part. If you DO NOT have a license and you become pregnant anyway... I am still unsure about this situation. I have a few ideas but I'd like to hear yours before I share.

Send them to Antarctica and dump them off in their underwear.

Lock them in a room with a Hungry Tiger covered in gravy.

Sacrifice them to the Volcano Gods in Anchorage to stop Redoubt from going off.

Make them drink the paint the Chinese use on toys.

Lock them in a room filled with Politicians making speeches and tie their hands so they can't cover their ears.

Glue their legs together with super-glue.

Drop them off in the middle of the ocean with a pair of water-wings and see if they make it to land.

Put them in a barrel and send them over Niagara Falls and let them go if they survive.

Tie them to a chair and make them listen to Modern Jazz at full volume until their heads explode.

Drop them in the middle of the Everglades, naked at the height of mosquito season.

Tie containers of blood with holes in them to their waste and drop them in the Ocean in Great White Shark infested waters.

Stake them to the ground and have a giant Lawn Dart game. First person to get one in an eye, gets their car and house.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It's truly hilarious (and sickening) that on a website where most members are extremely suspicious of their respective governments, so many advocate eugenics policies which would cause governments to take away a basic human right. Have any of you who favor eugenics ever heard of the evils that occurred under the Nazis, who agreed with everything you've written here? Everyone with two working brain cells should know exactly how those experiments turned out. Europe was burned, broken and strewn with millions of corpses in its aftermath. And those who favor tests of "psychological fitness" should consider that your very membership on a site that advocates conspiracy theories, the existence of UFOs and "little green men" and a variety of over-the-top, out-of-the-mainstream ideas would necessarily mean you would never be considered fit to have children.

Irony is dead. Its hacked-up remains are strewn about this site.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
All are excellent suggestions. Anyone else, without the sarcasm?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The solution he's really groping for is the final one. Maybe that's what these eugenicists believe all those FEMA Death Camps should be used for.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

Is it possible Dewm0nster, that you, and others like you, are simply resting on the "scientific" conditioning (and I would like you to seriously consider the term "conditioning") that has sunk so deep into your psychology that you spit it out verbatum at any chance without your consciously realizing it? If you are quick to answer than I'll bet there is much that you do not realize about yourself. I also believe such responses come from the inate, instinctual fear of survival, you are afraid that someone will come and camp out in your spacious backyard. Simply put, there are plenty of resources on this planet, food wasted by the TONS (by our own country) that could....could feed the world, and plenty of space. Some of it just depends on how well we want to get along with our neighbor.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Fair enough. There was a thread about this topic a couple of days ago.

Dictating to people how many children they can have and who can have them is the equivalent of Slavery. Slavery is wrong. I'd rather die than subject myself to a government who would go that far.

Education is the answer you are looking for. Not another travesty to Humanity like the Chinese system.

US Citizens are not over-breeding by the way. Without immigrants our population would be shrinking right now. You are preaching to the choir, so to speak.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenophiles
It's truly hilarious (and sickening) that on a website where most members are extremely suspicious of their respective governments, so many advocate eugenics policies which would cause governments to take away a basic human right. Have any of you who favor eugenics ever heard of the evils that occurred under the Nazis, who agreed with everything you've written here? Everyone with two working brain cells should know exactly how those experiments turned out. Europe was burned, broken and strewn with millions of corpses in its aftermath. And those who favor tests of "psychological fitness" should consider that your very membership on a site that advocates conspiracy theories, the existence of UFOs and "little green men" and a variety of over-the-top, out-of-the-mainstream ideas would necessarily mean you would never be considered fit to have children.

I don't know how many times I've explained this in this thread. We are talking about very, VERY simple tests. That could be passed as easily as receiving a drivers license. If you understand what it takes to become a parent. Maybe even having that "don't break the egg for a week" test. To show that you can be responsible, I don't think that is asking too much. Would you rather more children be born into abusive families, left stranded, or even worse, all because the parents didn't know what they were getting into? Maybe they were way too young... maybe it was an accident... maybe you just wanted more money from the welfare dept... all of this could have been prevented. When YOU'RE ready, you can bear a child. I'm not talking about taking away the right to have a kid. I'm just talking about a simple check to prove to yourself that you can have a kid.

I've heard of very successful programs they're doing like this for young adults to show all the responsibility involved in having a child. Many of them think they're ready until they take this class and find it's much much more than they expected.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Avarus

Education is the answer you are looking for. Not another travesty to Humanity like the Chinese system.

Excellent! I think this is exactly right! Education is the most constructive method I'm seeing here in this thread. I'm not sure many people will take it willingly though. So is it 'right' to force this education on them, making them more responsible parents?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Force is never the answer. What you are talking about is actually their own Parents job. Unfortunately we are reaping the harvest from the Far Left Welfare State who's offspring are now becoming Parents. They have no concept of responsibility and many come from homes where they had as many children as possible to get the checks.

I've seen so many cases with my own eyes where the Fathers pretended to not live at home it sickened me. I had one Woman as a neighbor who had 6 kids in a one room apartment and made more from welfare than I made working. She came over one day and flat asked me to get her pregnant as her kids were getting to old and she did not want to loose her checks and food stamps. She had a bunch of mattresses she would lean against the walls and then put them on the floor at night. Imagine what her children are like today?

[edit on 2/3/2009 by Blaine91555]

[edit on 2/3/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My worry is that they are doing the same thing... 6x6. And with kids having kids these days, I'm really seeing 6x6x6. In just a few short decades we would have potentially, 216 people who are leaching off of the taxpayers dollar... getting ready to become 1296 people. I just see this exponential curve and it scares me a bit. I also know they're not going to educate themselves.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What the majority of the population of this site have is fear of the "PTB" based not on their concerns, but on their ENVY of these supposed "PTB."

Originally posted by Xenophiles

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

My worry is that they are doing the same thing... 6x6. And with kids having kids these days, I'm really seeing 6x6x6. In just a few short decades we would have potentially, 216 people who are leaching off of the taxpayers dollar... getting ready to become 1296 people. I just see this exponential curve and it scares me a bit. I also know they're not going to educate themselves.

Nice way to TOTALLY ignore the actual popuation statistics of the First World there.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hmm, what if there were a way to implement a form of birth control from nearly birth, until you either felt you were ready and/or are determined to be fit, then it is removed. Something like an IUD. I'm not talking about very strict guidelines to gain this right. I just think some structure would prevent most unwanted/necessary births.

Just curious - would this apply to both genders? Do they make IUDs for men. I'm sure it was unintentional - but as it is written - it comes across as the woman's responsibility.

The hardest thing in the world to change is culture. You can see by the posts on this thread - - just the idea of a logical plan for controlled reproduction is met with emotionally based resistance.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I participated in this same discussion on another forum a few years ago.

As I remember - statistically - - those of higher education have fewer children or none.'

I wouldn't attributed those statistics strictly to being more educated - - in my opinion - it puts one into a different "culture".

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Hmm, what if there were a way to implement a form of birth control from nearly birth, until you either felt you were ready and/or are determined to be fit, then it is removed. Something like an IUD. I'm not talking about very strict guidelines to gain this right. I just think some structure would prevent most unwanted/necessary births.

Just curious - would this apply to both genders? Do they make IUDs for men. I'm sure it was unintentional - but as it is written - it comes across as the woman's responsibility.

The hardest thing in the world to change is culture. You can see by the posts on this thread - - just the idea of a logical plan for controlled reproduction is met with emotionally based resistance.

You're absolutely right, Annee. I am very careful to make sure both genders are considered. It is the responsibility of the couple to take care of the child they're having together. I don't think there's a male IUD at the moment, but we're talking about a hypothetical future situation... I'm sure a semi-permanent male contraceptive isn't too far off.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Nice way to TOTALLY ignore the actual popuation statistics of the First World there.

You might be right Aeons, however they are only projections... based on Blain's personal account I think you can consider the possibility.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join