It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why Is the Left So Upset With Obama?

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   


Not everyone on the left is pleased with President Obama's first weeks in office. MSNBC talk show host Rachel Maddow complained Friday, "Change we can believe in, as long as we pay attention to the disappointing asterisk on the word 'change.'"

Maddow blasted Mr. Obama for having former lobbyists in his administration — saying that went against a campaign promise that "sounded great; felt great, too great to be entirely true, as it turns out."

Liberal bloggers are upset too. Over at Agonist.org, Stirling Newberry voices his displeasure with the president's handling of the stimulus package.

FoxNews link


Yeah, I know, I can hear the folks griping about how this is a FoxNews link.
Ok, well it is, but guess what?.., they are referring to Rachel Maddow from MSNBC slamming on Obama.

I knew this would happen at some point but I didn't think I'd see this before his first month in office.

We all know the media made him, well it's safe to say the media will also break him at some point, it's just a matter of time.

Until then, let the excuses begin.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Alxandro]




posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro
 


I think the left is so upset with Obama because they actually believed all that crap!

Highly selective in their hearing, they each heard one or more promises they each preferred, ignoring the fact that he promised everything to everyone.

So now that he can't give everything to everyone, folks are really disappointed.

I love it because I can honestly say, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

And if they think he's messing up already, you just wait! He's just getting started!



posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro
 



Originally posted by Alxandro
Rachel Maddow from MSNBC slamming on Obama.


Well the fact that Rachel Maddow is a well known lesbian; probably explains her outrage more than anything.

Since the media have evidently started to criticize him, I'd say that he must be doing something right.

Majorion


[edit on 2/2/09 by Majorion]



posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I believe that Obama understands that he has to govern more to the center, than the left would like. Obama is a pragmatist, unlike Pelosi, who is only interested in power. I believe that the real problem right now is from people like Pelosi, who put together a "stimulus" bill, so loaded with pork, that a pig farmer would be envious. I give Obama credit for trying to bring sides together, but Pelosi is so pig-headed that she won't play nice. Although I didn't vote for Obama, I do feel bad for him, because he is being betrayed by Judas Pelosi. If Pelosi really cared about the country, she would try to HELP Obama bring both groups together, but I don't think it's in her. The Democrats would have done much better to pick a more moderate for their majority leader.



posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Obamas mother-in-law is living with the kids.....Obama won't ever be able to do anything right!






posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus
 


Obama needs to distance himself from Pelosi ASAP, better yet have Michelle do a number on her.

Remember Bush's "low approval ratings of all time" that everyone kept cheering about, well Obama needs to remember that the approval ratings of Pelosi and the gang were half of that of Bush's.

Do the math Barack!



posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The left is upset with Obama because he is not as partisan to them as they assumed he would be. The man promised as much of a centrist approad as possible, infact he is a centrist and always have been.

Kudos to him, dont lean to far to one side, dont isolate onside and call them unpartiotic for not agreeing with your views as the right did during their mishandling of america.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by southern_Guardian]



posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The Change Obama promised is that from Bush, not Clinton's. Why these idiots don't see that is beyond me. (Actually it's not beyond me. It's for ratings and/or to distract the dumb masses.
)



posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
1) I love Rachel and Obama and I still don't care what people say

2) And, right, wow... you know... it's so unlike Fox to take a liberal out of context...

Unfathomable.



posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The left is upset now?

You ain't seen nothing yet...

I've got a LOT of personal experience with the supposed candidate for Deputy Secretary for HUD... Ron Sims, from King County Washington.

I like to call him Mr. Plausible Deniability.

On one end of the spectrum...

His building department enforced JIM CROW policies... No Nixxers need apply for building permits... Near Bellevue, a bastion of big money. (This is the year 2009 right? golem just shakes his head...).

Ron Sims 'open door' policy was exposed for the fraud that it really was...

On the other end of the spectrum...

He turned the Library system into a PROFIT CENTER.

Dude, I'm not making it up...



With guys like ole Ron manning the ramparts, things don't look so good...

Man, I was hoping for just a little tiny bit that the time for a change nonsense was true...








[edit on 2-2-2009 by golemina]



posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
2) And, right, wow... you know... it's so unlike Fox to take a liberal out of context...

Unfathomable.


Yeah, because it's SO UNLIKE the other MSM outlets like CNN, MSNBC, Reuters, AP, NBC, etc. to take a conservative out of context, isn't it? /* blatant sarcasm off */


[edit on 3-2-2009 by sos37]



posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
The left is upset with Obama because he is not as partisan to them as they assumed he would be.


That is totally correct. Instead of governing to one "side" and pissing off the other, Obama is genuinely interested in governing from the middle. And naturally the extremes of both sides are a little confused and puzzled by this strange behavior by a president.
It's the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.


I actually WATCH Rachel Maddow instead of listening to the FOX News take on her. (That's like listening to Olbermann's take of O'really). Snippets are too easily taken out of context. And these snippets that FOX is using to make her look "so upset" are highly exaggerated. She is not "so upset". She admits to being paranoid. She just believes in holding our president accountable, even if he is a Democrat and even if she likes him a lot, shich she does. She's sensible. Not like all the Bush apologists on FOX News who would never question Bush and his corruption, but overlooked and defended it instead.

By the way, Rachel already updated the story contained in the first paragraph of the FOX article. Funny, they musta missed it.

Rachel Maddow

Yes, some people on the far left are upset. Too bad. They should have listened to Obama during the campaign instead of their starry dreams of having a "liberal Democratic" president.

I love how this presidency is going. But, then, I 'm not a member of "the Left".



posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
People need to face the basic truth,that Mr.Obama was set up to fail.Just as Mr.McCain would have been set up to fail.The game has been in motion for many years.Our shadow government has set things up to "butter their own bread".All the bickering back and forth,is just to keep us occupied,while they "shear the sheep".
No amount of outcry from the public will change the basic plan.



posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.


A lawyer-politician runs for office on a platform. During the election cycle he presents himself as a certain person who will do certain things. He gives the impression, and flat out states, promises on policy and on administration procedures. Once elected he changes and is no longer what the people elected.

This is cool?

oooooooooooooookay.



posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro


Not everyone on the left is pleased with President Obama's first weeks in office. MSNBC talk show host Rachel Maddow complained Friday, "Change we can believe in, as long as we pay attention to the disappointing asterisk on the word 'change.'"

Maddow blasted Mr. Obama for having former lobbyists in his administration — saying that went against a campaign promise that "sounded great; felt great, too great to be entirely true, as it turns out."

Liberal bloggers are upset too. Over at Agonist.org, Stirling Newberry voices his displeasure with the president's handling of the stimulus package.

FoxNews link


Yeah, I know, I can hear the folks griping about how this is a FoxNews link.
Ok, well it is, but guess what?.., they are referring to Rachel Maddow from MSNBC slamming on Obama.

I knew this would happen at some point but I didn't think I'd see this before his first month in office.

We all know the media made him, well it's safe to say the media will also break him at some point, it's just a matter of time.

Until then, let the excuses begin.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Alxandro]




You don't get it mate...

Libs and the "liberal media" don't need to walk the party line. We eat our own...

CONS walk the line and moan in private .

I think Obama is $#@$@$#@ up with this appointment... I am an OBAMABOT -

I won't defend any BS from Obama -

Maybe you can learn from libs in that regard. Follow yer conscience regardless of party lines.





[edit on 3-2-2009 by The Bald Champion]



posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I put it like this: My goal was to get him elected. Done. Now I will be as hard on him as I would any other president.

This is an office that doesnt get any leway, no free passes.



posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion



You don't get it mate...

Libs and the "liberal media" don't need to walk the party line. We eat our own...

CONS walk the line and moan in private .

I think Obama is $#@$@$#@ up with this appointment... I am an OBAMABOT -

I won't defend any BS from Obama -

Maybe you can learn from libs in that regard. Follow yer conscience regardless of party lines.




So it kinda like when Libs do something that's extremely immoral?

...but, at the same time, they can't be accused of being immoral because they have no morals to begin with.

I think I got it now.



posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The left is mad because they realize he is not the liberal messiah they were hoping for.

Looks like the messiah is getting off to a bad start.



posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
1) I love Rachel and Obama and I still don't care what people say

2) And, right, wow... you know... it's so unlike Fox to take a liberal out of context...

Unfathomable.


Just like the MSM seems to forget to attach the "D" to any names associated with any recent tax issues or political scandals (Blago and Kilpatrick come to mind).



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join