It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im Going To Visit a FEMA Camp, Any Advice?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i was on youtube the other day browsing around and i came across this video giving the locations of all the rex84/fema camps in america. so i got to the new york part of the video and to my surprise there is one 10 minutes away from my town. so now my curiosity is killing me. im going there this weekend to look around maybe take some pics if i see anything unusual. i was just wondering if anybody in the ats community has ever visited one of these sites? is there anything i should be aware of? things to say or not to say? any help would be cool.

here is the video from youtube.
www.youtube.com...
im going to be visiting the otisville location (starts @ 7:03 on the video).

you can go ahead and do a google maps search of this facility. i know for a fact there are railroad tracks right next to this facility. there also looks like some construction going on there from the google maps images.
ill post the pics after this weekend.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I would leave a detailed message about where you are going with someone you trust and aside from that as long as you do not tresspass they should leave you alone

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
no im not going to trespass. im familiar with the area so im positive i can get close with out breaking any laws. i didnt think about telling anybody though, good idea

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yeah, make sure you bring ALL forms of Valid ID that you have incase you run into any trouble.

If you have camera equipment, they might try to take it from you, so have some documents or some stuff that will make it look like your filming for a school project or something of that nature.

~Keeper

link   
Well, I went to one that was on list, and I must say...

Someone got the barbed wire wrong. Are you trying to keep people in?

This was two years ago... I'll be going back to see if any developments have happened.

And yes, that list of Fema camps tht you have on that youtube video in the OP has been on the internet for more than two years.

link   
Get cameras and take pictures of every room inside the camp. Don't worry if you get caught. If you do then at least you tried.

link   
Ya I have some advice. Dont assume anything just because you see some facility surrounded by a chain link fence with barb wire at the top facing in or out and a motorized gate.

Get video..clean clear video and please use steady shot, and dont fill the video with useless sensationalism music or commentary. Quote the facts, not fantasy.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Someone got the barbed wire wrong. Are you trying to keep people in?

Yeah, find out which way the barbed wire is facing. If it's facing inside the 'compound' they are keeping people inside. Normally the barbed wire fence should face outward to keep out trespassors, not the other way around.

Oh and please take lots of picture and videos that are NOT fuzzy or blurry. Thank you.

[edit on 2009-2-02 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Ya I have some advice. Dont assume anything just because you see some facility surrounded by a chain link fence with barb wire at the top facing in or out and a motorized gate.

Get video..clean clear video and please use steady shot, and dont fill the video with useless sensationalism music or commentary. Quote the facts, not fantasy.

Cheers!!!!

well i know that there is a federal corrections facility there so im assuming there will be barb wire fencing because there are inmates there. im just going to look around for anything unusual. if there isnt anything to take pictures of then i wont. its just that i always hear about these camps and there might be one in my backyard so im curious to see what the deal is.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If you are using a camera for still photo take several different memory cards and swap them out regularly. That way if they do confiscate the one in the camera you still have some photos to take home with you. Also if you are caught do not tell them that you thought that the facility was anything but a new facility. I would have a cover story rehersed and ready just in case you run into any guards or partol personnel there. Mentioning things like FEMA might just give them a reason to detain you, and search you along with your vehicle.

FredT also mentioned leaving a detailed message with a friend or relative. I would go one step further and let some people that you trust here on ATS know as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

This is what I would be looking for. Note the buildings, especially any barrack type buildings. See if the buildings windows have either prison like bars over them, or have been completely removed and filled with brick.

Also look for any building near ramps like as if they are for delivery of supplies. See if there are any that have a large, tall smokestack.

Look for any biohazard signs on buildings or doors to buildings that are not disposal buildings near a medical facility.

Look for double fencing in any areas inside the complex with wrapped barb wire, the type that are woven through the top layers of barb wire in huge spirals.

Look for signs of electrified fencing.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My advice would be to not go solo. If you can get a friend or two with similar beliefs it would be better. Just like going swimming in an unfamiliar place, don't do it alone.
Oh, and best of luck to you.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
More Advice:

When you first travel to whatever "supposed" FEMA camp you are going to... you don't have to film it the first time... just check it out for yourself.

Then if you see something unusually odd... go back and film it.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I could not to seem to find a location in Arizona, does anyone know if there is one there? And if so, I will leave ASAP to go see it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by insideman92
I could not to seem to find a location in Arizona, does anyone know if there is one there? And if so, I will leave ASAP to go see it.

well here is the video with arizona(starts @ 2:00 min).
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-2-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

[edit on 3-2-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Depending on the location of the Camp ld tread very lightly as I was in New Mexico last year up around Los Alamos checking out Bandelier National Monument when we were on our way back to Santa Fe we decided to stop at what looked like a old Lab dwelling and were met not 10 minutes later by Military officials telling us that we were trespassing on Federal Grounds!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

the direction the barbed wire faces means very little. possibly nothing. I worked at a privately owned produce canning plant with inward facing constantina wire once. the compound was built as a canning plant, had been its entire existence, and still is.

as for advice on what to do, run straight through the compound screaming at the top of your lungs, flailing your arms around in the air.

seriously, though, I don't know... if you plan to enter the location, make sure nobody is where you are going (duh)... if you have the funds, why not get one of those satellite microphone things, see if you can record some audio?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Dudem, i would DEF go with you, if i was able too..i live in stamford CT, bout 25/30 minutes from bronx NY, over the boarder. If i were you, ide DEF bring camera phone, camera and play it by ear, check it out hidden down from a distance for a little, and if it looks like no activity ide DEF at least try to get up to the walls, see if the doors are unllocked, windows open..but remember the path yuo took, incae yuo gotta high tail it out, and dont touch anyting!!!! that could be just enough, to inform someone thier, that yuor in the building..
i would dbe of great help too, when me and freinds were 18,19,20, we used to go in some wooded area at night, that was sometimes patrolled by cops...behind a mcdonalds off I 95. We found a porsche engine, (took 5 of us and 2 long wooden beams to haul it out)...other construstion stuff tha was abandoned...so we learned how to keep lookout, inform others qietly or mimicking animals we knew were in the area.... aka bird at night, racoon gurnitng...or weede toss rocks ontot he ground, far enough form security to hear, but close enough so we could hear it..thats was they key, not wandering too far form eachother...and one o us got caught, i dont know who they are, i jsut came back here, and joined the group for fun...yuo dont rat your freinds out...
man i wish i could go with you.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
oh, and advice, froma distance, stay in heavily shrubed area, camoflaouge!!! and at night, same thing, but in the shadows as well..and wear dark cloths, nothing white, or silver or chrome on it.. not even green dark ass blue, or black only.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
think about a good pair of binoculars, and flashlight too..not an LCD one, the old bulb style ones, and see if yuo can put red tint ver the lens somehow...to disguise the light. If going in, leave aas much behind hidden or buried off grounds, incase you get caught, it isnt as obvious, and if they ask, what are yuo doin.. hey! i was passin through, got lost in the woods, or field ect, just got lots on my mind, was walkin to get air, and not paying so much attention as to where i was goin thats all..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join