It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The *click* moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Have you ever had a moment in your life when you suddenly understand something about yourself or the world around you? A moment where something in your head just seemed to "click" into place? An overwhelming feeling that your view of things around you and/or yourself became crystal clear?

I recently had an experience like this. I woke up one day a few weeks ago and realized how hilariously irrelevant most of the people in my life were to me. I realized that most of the people I worry about impressing or worry over appearances for are completely and totally irrelevant to my life. It's like a ton of emotional baggage suddenly dropped all at once and I felt good about myself for the first time in a long time.

Sure, I still occasionally have doubts about myself, but I no longer constantly worry about walking too fast or too slow, whither my voice is too low or too high, or how the people I pass in the halls view me. None of it matters. I realized that if I don't live life for myself, then it will be one miserable experience after another. I have friends who like me for who I am, and that says a lot. Who cares about people who don't like me? Why should I care about how they view my habits or the way I talk?

So, I guess I'm here to ask if anyone else can point to a day or moment in their life where things suddenly became clearer. Everyone has always told me that changes like this come slowly, so when I woke up that day, I was a little taken aback.

So how about it, have you had a *click* moment in your life? Or have you experienced slower changes in perspective?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How old are you..?? It took me till 50 to get to where you are. Now I dont give a damn what anybody thinks of me!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah, most people eventually have those moments. Welcome to the MATURITY club.

We just don't give a damn.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself."
-- Rita Mae Brown

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, I was sitting in class one day just studying and all of the sudden I had this overwhelming feeling that everything and anything natural had a deep connectedness somehow. I was hit so hard by it that I was pretty much in shock for the rest of the day and had a horrible case of the willies. My friends started freaking out that I had a mental collapse and tried snapping me out of it but I couldn't because of how right my new revelation felt. I figure I had an epiphany because of my truth seeking I started doing about a month before. Once I got over the shocked feeling my mind started freaking out because of how much the feeling contradicted my reality of takingforgrantedism that most of us are used to. I finally got over that too once I decided to take a backseat to our crappy reality we've made and worry about myself and my family. Anyway after that I've been able to think about realistic things similar to what you found out and people even started respecting me more after I forgot about the people that didn't like me and silly daily dramas that I now solve realistically not dramatically or through conflict. Yeah, epiphanies really open doors if you take them seriously.
People say 15 is too young to understand these things but I sure showed them!

[edit on 2/2/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMayMelancholies

I have click moments everyday.

For instance how important things are of the past. I will look at the pictures of my children when they were small, and then talk to one of them on the phone and realize they are now a grown man.

Every moment and experience is a special thing when you come to realize them futher down the road of life.

I've come to realize at my click moments that things that seemed mundane while they were happening, are the most important things in life.

Grasp on to those moments, and never let them go.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I'm 17 soon to be 18. I'm glad I managed to reach the wisdom of a 50 year old so early in life, lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
your on the start of a long road. I clicked years ago, im in my early 30s and now see life in its proper context i think for some part. Im sure ill click again for another reason later..we all need click moments.!

ps i had the luck of going to london and mimicking that picture with my friends. I also signed the wall at the studio on the left side in the picture on your avatar.
i wouldnt return to london though, it sounds to crazy lately. no offense england and its big red noses.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by mastermind77]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Very Interesting.

I remember when I was around 7-10 years old this happened to me. I drew a line in my conscience. Since then I've had a very different view of people and the environment around me since then. It was as if someone took off the blinders.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yep, had quite a few *click* moments in my life.

The most important (imo) was when I realize that it didn't matter how hard I tried or how long I struggled or what I did to try and gain their approval, I'd never been good enough. I realized that I'd accomplished more in my 30+ years (at the time) than they had in their entire lives and yet they still looked down on me and called me *selfish, weak, ungrateful, hopeless, etc.*

Ever since then, I've been doing things that * I * want to do instead of what they said I should do and I've never been so satisified with my life.

Sure, I have moments of doubt but that's normal, if we didn't have moments of doubt we'd never question what we do and we may go on doing things that we possibly shouldn't.

Here's to many more years of *click* moments for you.

top topics

join