It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden seismic activity in past 2 weeks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Ever notice the recent seismic activity we had in the past month. What could be causing The sudden jump in quakes n stuff? I know Arkansas has has a couple of small quakes back in November, but… it seems to be really picking up in the past two weeks. Its probably normal and I should not post it. But I see a coincidence, id like to figure out the problem or do the next best thing, post it here, and hope an expert or someone who knows more then me to shed some light onto it.

(for fun and out of the box thinking)

BTW, wasn’t planet X supposed to be start causing eruptions and earthquakes as it approached the inner planets?
Didn’t the story go like this would happen late 2008 early 2009? (This is why THIS caught my eye) but as I said, it’s probably NORMAL, and id like an opinion on why would the pacific ring of fire being really active all of a sudden.

(please excuse the fox news links, i just did this post in a hurry, they have their citations as well so browse if you may)

The eruption in japan:

www.foxnews.com...

The Yellowstone caldera rising:

www.foxnews.com...

Earthquake in seattle:

www.foxnews.com...

The Alaskan volcano:

www.foxnews.com...

this is all of a sudden IMO. I don’t know, maybe thinking too much.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Let's not forget the Caldera in Sumatra is acting up.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Also 2 in Russia exploded, yes?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
Also 2 in Russia exploded, yes?

can u get the links for this please?

(edit)

Ummm what do you mean 2 exploded in russia, can you please provide me with some info rather then leaving one liners please? isn't that against the ATS TOS!? (leaving one liners)

[edit on 2-2-2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by ugie1028

Let's not forget the Caldera in Sumatra is acting up.

please add the links to the post.

Also, please don't leave one liners... if you have something to say, then post something to backup the stuff, i have not been able to find a link about the Sumatra caldera acting up!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have been watching the seismic activity for the past few months and I have noticed also that it has been increasing. You can use yahoo or google and look up seismic activity and there are many monitors to look at.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It sure is an interesting turn of events unfolding. I found this link, apparently 2 in Japan and 1 in Russia. www.bloomberg.com...

Wow, what's next?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
It sure is an interesting turn of events unfolding. I found this link, apparently 2 in Japan and 1 in Russia. www.bloomberg.com...

Wow, what's next?

IDK man, idk... all i can say is that the planet x theory might have something to do with it, or the earth has indigestion.

... or it could be normal...

so no one can come up with an idea of some sort or if there's a connection with anything?

Edit: Added a comment ^^^

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't know if there's any significance to this seismic activity. This site shows just how many earthquakes have occurred normally in the past few years. www.iris.edu...

You must remember that our planet is like a bunch of thick pieces of rock floating around on a sphere of magma. Shifts will occur, and if you think about it, when one side has an earthquake/volcanic eruption, it would happen ALL round that tectonic plate.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
its not just in one plate, it also happened in Russian and Arkansas... i mean its too soon to make a judgment call, but i see this as something to look at for now... see what develops.

i know we float on liquid magma ATM... but its being reactive right now... so... lets see what comes from this, if it simmers down, then good, if it doesn't, then we have to look at alternatives.

top topics

join