It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure about this. Posts and threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sometimes when I post a thread, and or comments, they do not show up for a while.

Sometimes comments do not show up at all, after I have hit the post button, and looked to see what I have typed is there.

No, I know I am not using vulgar language, but why do some of my posts just dissapear, after I see them there?

Who's deleating the stuff with no explanation?

I get messages if a thread is moved, and I have no problem with that. But post comments just dissapearing?

Anybody else having this problem?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We never delete posts like that. If you suspect your posts have be just deleted from a thread you should file a complaint with the thread url so we can question staff. But really, deleting without reason or record is never authorized and I can't imagine anyone on the staff is following you around deleting posts just as you submit them. I would guess there may be issues with your browser?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I have never had any other browser issues, and when I make a post, I always go back to make sure it is there. Later on, they are somehow gone.

I'm not so paranoid as to think somebody is following me around, and now you have scared me, thanks! I couldn't possibly be that important! LOL!

I just wondered if anybody is having the same issues.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

joking

That is odd I thought the delay was only for anonymous post?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Have you gone to see if they are still listed on your profile page? Maybe you could get to them from there?

Just click on the "profile" button in the navigation bar, then on the "posts" tab in your profile and there is a list of your most recent posts to all threads.

Also, is it possible that you posted to BTS and then tried to access the posts from ATS? Because sometimes there are some weirdnesses in navigating between the two sites, if you're not signed in to both.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

joking

Superb!!

still funny 2nd

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

joking

Cute, I did get a giggle!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thank you, I will try this if I ever have a reply go missing again.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Aha....yes, just as good the second time around. People do make me laugh here. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is going to sound wierd, but over the past two days I've had similar experience. I would post a reply to a thread, see it there and later on when I go back to the thread, the entire post is gone.. this has happened twice.

I know it happened in the personality test thread, and the other time in the thousand of ufo's in the skies thread. I brushed it off as me being crazy and my mind operating at warp speed while the body still didnt catch up, but now that enthralled fan is mentioning it.. I have to admit.. it's happened to me.

Oh God!! I hope I'm not being brainwashed by aliens or something else.. it usually starts out with something odd like this....

btw.. ease up on the "big quotes" please.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
This is going to sound wierd, but over the past two days I've had similar experience. I would post a reply to a thread, see it there and later on when I go back to the thread, the entire post is gone.. this has happened twice.

Perhaps you were post banned.

Did you say anything silly?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Aha, so it isn't just me. Maybe it's a glitch on the ATS side rather than our servers. Seriously, I was wondering, because some detailed replies I made were the ones that got deleated.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'm always sort of silly, but one reply in particular had to do with oil companies, and how my fiance is being treated after being injured at a refinery. I did name the company, who has treated him horribly, so that might be a reason why, but I take full resposibility for my words.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Add me to the list... I just thought it was me-- something I was doing, but not realizing what.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

No I don't think you did anything wrong there EF.

I think like you said and others have confirmed there's probably a small glitch somewhere.

And we're all silly sometimes, and though I appreciate your admission, I was accusing worldwatcher.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Who me being silly?? Well I never!! How dare You!!

“When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.”

Just kidding

I was being silly just now,
but in those instances the posts were just valid opinions on the topics, I wasn't moderating the threads, just participating..

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I do know of one site bug. Sometimes if your post pushes the discussion to a new page you will see you're the last one to comment, but you can't see your post again until someone comments after you.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I have seen that happen as well, so I do go back later to see if the post is there after another one. I have found they are not there. I mean sometimes I check a day later or so.

I've never had a problem with using unnapropriate language, but I have a way of pushing the bounderies at times, using proper language. But still, I haven't gotten any notes replacing the post, or a warning.

Oh, gosh, now I might really be in trouble!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Aha, so it isn't just me. Maybe it's a glitch on the ATS side rather than our servers. Seriously, I was wondering, because some detailed replies I made were the ones that got deleated.

If I'm going to make a long post, I often type it in Notepad and then cut and paste here.

Things can go wrong between one end of the net and another. Router hiccups, overloads on certain areas, misdirects... and a lot of problems caused by the burden of spam (and probably video material). The system is handling a staggering load of information but some points aren't quite as up to the job.

So... I think you're right that there's some kind of block point from your server (maybe on the backbones) or traffic jam. I'd recommend composing and then pasting if you've got a long reply.

top topics

join