It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, Correct Me If I'm Wrong....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
(Economic Crisis, Bailout)

But ....

Instead of people getting the money aren't they giving the money back to the banks; then the banks are going to just loan it right back to similar companies, similar to the ones that just screwed the economy over. It isn't like the banks are going to change their loan habits and it isn't going to do anything for the working class people, who are now in more debt while those responsible are bailed out......?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It isn't like the banks are going to change their loan habits and it isn't going to do anything for the working class people, who are now in more debt while those responsible are bailed out......?

IMO, it will be business as usual once the banks do start loaning again. Unfortunately, many Americans will continue to be denied credit or simply charged outrageous interest rates. Don't you find it strange that Congress is well aware that credit card companies are jacking up their rates in these economic times but yet does nothing to protect the consumers? Just shows whose side they are on.

As far as bailouts, I personally don't see them that way. I see it as a delayed bankruptcy plan. Eventually these companies will be forced into bankruptcy and all that money will be for not. Guess you can see it as keeping jobs alive. Nobody is asking these companies to submit any type of plan to show how they will return to profitability or run their business in a sound manner.

If we get out of this one, expect similar problems in the future.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I agree with the 'delayed bankrupcy plan', as in, that is what it is. IMO the economy is too far gone to fix as quickly as they would like. By giving these banks the bailout money, it is also temporarily increasing the stock market, which is allowing all of 'the boys' to sell off thier stocks and bring it back down.

join