It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lionman statue in Giza - room to be explored

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Big difference between what you're saying and what hawass is saying. Look, if a mystic fraud told a lot of gullible people there was a magic pony living in my basement, I wouldn't be too inclined to let people rip up my floorboards to find out, you know? Cayce was a crook, and none of the tests that HAVE been allowed have show anything other than squishy limestone underneath the Sphinx

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The Giza Plateau would be like Swiss cheese if the cranks were allowed carte blanche to blast or drill holes everywhere. The antiques trade would be awash with Egyptian artifacts removed from all context. Hawass does well to maintain such access for credible international research teams...folk forget there's a dictatorship at work and border conflicts.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think that is it exactly and what people are missing.

It is the most scrutinized area in the world because every test imaginable short of destructive tests that would damage or jeopardize one of Egypt's greatest cultural icons, have been conducted there with the results made openly available to the Archaeological community for review.

But the fact of the matter is that the overzealous believers of Cayce and Hancock won't accept that as "good enough".

In the mind of a devout believer of blind faith, all of these hundreds of tests that have been conducted don't matter because "the Galactic Overlords who built the Galactic Archives would have had advanced technology to prevent their discovery by technological means." Nothing short of demolishing the Sphinx and the three Great Pyramids of Giza and digging down to the Earth's Core in vain hopes will satisfy them otherwise. (And even then when nothing is still found, they'll proclaim "the Galactic Overlords detected the intrusion and moved their Galactic Archives elsewhere before we could reach it. They are now under the Toltec Pyramids in Mexico...let's dig those up as well to find them!")

Hawass has been more than generous in humoring US & UK New Agers with their Pyramid-Power beliefs and Aliens built the Pyramids rhetoric. However, there comes a point where he has to focus on real, genuine Archaeological work, not just pursuing wishful daydreams and trans-channeled visions. Likewise, he is charged with a very important role where his primary concern, first and foremost, is the preservation of Egypt's treasures and monuments so that future generations may enjoy them too. He cannot cater to the insatiable whims of the borderline delusional when they are contrary to that important mission of preservation.

As a student of Archaeology, specializing in Papyrology and Egyptology, I very much resented the recent requirements to get a permit to do field work in Egypt. To deter these US & UK "New Ager Pyramid Power/Egyptians Were Aliens" fanatics, the criteria had been made more strict to require fluency in Arabic, German, French and at least one of the following: Hieroglyphic, Hieratic, Demotic, and or Coptic in addition to having a Degree and Academic Credentials. However, now I am beginning to see the wisdom in Hawass's choice to make the requirements far more strict.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join