It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Chief of Staff: Make No-Fly List a No-Gun List

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
reply to post by illusionincarnate

I'm intrigued by his concept of "not being part of the American Family".
I know in practice he just means "those decried by me and the latest right-thinking-people's media cues"...but it makes me wonder if maybe some Americans could opt out of the main social contract, waive some protections and get a different package of rights and obligations...like say you could take narcotics legally as long as you waive your right to free health care...do tell, Rahm...

Don't worry, with these clowns in office and the clowns we just had for the last 96 years, excluding JFK, you can bet you will not have to worry about any rights at all.

Everyone of them that did eight years, they do most of the damage in the second term. If this term is already heading down this path, can you say NWO?
The time is running short for the free American People.

WAKE UP !!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by illusionincarnate

Good find OP!

S & F for you!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

A message to Rahm Emanuel about his little gun policy...

I do not own a gun... nor do I wish to own a gun... but I have many friends that love guns and they own many of them. And they live very close to my home.

I'm probably on your list... because I believe 9-11 was the biggest false falg opperation the world has ever seen.

But they don't believe that 9-11 was an inside job... and they don't care about conspiracies... They just know that the ****************** is about to hit the FAN!!!!

And this is the only reason why I wanted to have a gun... just in case the SHTF.

So I have a gun in this situation without owning one.

So Basically I'm paying responsible people , that are nowhere close to being on a list, to keep a few guns for me... just in case.... just in case... just in case.

BTW Rahm... why don't you go back to the country you love more. Israel.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ravenshadow13

If you're a suspected terrorist you probably have had your calls monitored and emails monitored and there's a reason why you are considered dangerous, I'm pretty sure.

Not necessarily. Sometimes it could be a government mistake or just having the same name as somebody. Once on, it would be hard to get off.

Yes I'll give you an example.

A while back my mom started having all of her checks rejected, even though her bank account was well filled.

It turned out that, by chance, there was someone with the same bank account number and driver's liscence number, registered in another state, that wrote some seriously hot checks. The machines recognized them as the same person as they did not have a function to divide driver's liscenses by state.

That was long before this NSA stuff started, and technically not government, but it shows how mistakes happenn.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is your change that you can believe in. This guy is a real piece of work, let there be no doubt that he holds BO's strings.

It is my opinion he is nothing more than pond scum.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Nirgal]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
CBS got a hold of the $145 million, 44,000 -name no-fly list compiled by the TSA. The Transportation Security Administration's secret no-fly list used by intelligence and law-enforcement agencies includes some very unlikely terror suspects -14 of the 19 dead 9/11 hijackers, and every single person named "Robert Johnson." Once a name finds its way into the database, there's no way to get it out.

CBS NEWS

In paper form it is more than 540 pages long. Before 9/11, the government’s list of suspected terrorists banned from air travel totaled just 16 names; today there are 44,000. And that doesn’t include people the government thinks should be pulled aside for additional security screening. There are another 75,000 people on that list.

It also has created enormous frustration and aggravation for thousands of innocent travelers who have the misfortune of sharing a name with someone on the list and some of the names are among the most common in America. Like Gary Smith, John Williams or Robert Johnson.

"I had my military ID and you know, I go on military bases all the time," Robert Johnson says. "So I can get on any base in the country, but I can't fly on a plane, because I am on the No Fly List."

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. When the citizens are disarmed, WHO has the weapons? The police and military, of course...our best friends in Freedom *cough*. Many gun crimes are committed with unregistered firearms anyway, illustrating that criminals WILL find a way to get them-and this also WILL be the case if this bull sh*t actually flies. This disgusting and it is now that I really do fear for the worst. I thought Obama actually would have been defiant towards the Orwellian Dystopia outlined by the last 8 years in the States, yet it is perfectly clear to me now that he is just another cog in the clockwork of American tyranny. What is truly sick is that you know that even Rahm himself doesn't believe half the sh*t he is saying. He invokes the sentimentality of 'protecting children' and 'keeping the streets safe' to direct the audiences attention and gather support based upon emotional reasoning; and you can tell that even he is laughing on the inside that they are actually buying this horse sh*t. If crack-coc aine and methamphetamines are still a problem here in the U.S. then it really goes to show that the government cannot FIGHT crime, and it would be safe to bet on their failure in this undertaking as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I don't doubt this is what Rahm believes obviously from the vid but wild ideas such as these can't be packaged in a way that the public would accept at any rate. Moreover, Congress would never pass such a bill and Obama would certainly know better than to try other avenues as it would amount to political suicide thus destroying whatever agenda he plans to carryout. So don't worry folks unless Rahm says this again publicly and the media airs it like a segment on street crime... in which case youd better then dig a whole or follow the armed crowd to DC

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This idea, if implemented would be absolute bull#. However, it's not been proposed in any serious way, and the video is from a speech from May 15, 2007. It's not new, nor is it coming from the WH.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Rahm Emanuel is a turd. Plain and simple.

Obama has done his job of brainwashing the Changlings into buying into anything his administration sells them. Sadly, they've shown that no amount of treachery by the Obama administration will wake them up.

Emanuel and Obama could get up on stage and start ripping live puppies in half, and his supporters would have some retarded thing to say defending the action. I'm sure the stupid terrorist puppies probably have it coming though.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

So..you think we should just let the government have them because it's a necessary evil and that way we are protected? Interesting.

I've owned firearms all my life and like many like me I don't see what we are doing that is so "immature" showing that we don't "deserve them". Out here where I live we don't hunt for sport. We hunt because we like to eat it. You go to the store. We go to the woods. I'll bet my turkey this year we much more fresh. And not one of those genetic super breast turkeys you got from the store.

You may be willing to give up all your rights but not me. you're entitled to your opinion and I would be willing to fight for you to have it. Too bad your not willing to do the same. No, everyone doesn't need to own a gun. And some people should not have them at all. But to say no one should ever have them is not an option. Disarm the government and maybe we can talk abut this again. I don't need it to eat. I can trap and fish too. but the simple truth is that there are people in this world that would love nothing more than to make us all defenseless. And out government it seems more and more these days are one of them. Just how hard would it be for any one group to do anything they wanted to a population with no way to defend themselves against them?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
You have got to be kidding me.... do you know that well over 1mil of americans are on that dam list? I love my contry I am a patrate my family comes from a line of them and they put me on it just because i know somone that was on it.... how screwed up.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I wonder if they also place you on a list which bars you from buying box cutters.

History would suggest that would prevent more air terror attacks than firearms ownership bans.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Well, it seems defending the constitution is pointless now because of the new laws that are to be established by these guys in washington or wherever they hide portraying those who defend their rights to be terrorists. Maybe it's a good thing maybe it's bad, who knows? All I know is that this isn't the same country it used to be, so if you don't like where it's headed, no better time than now to move to another area.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Question: If this had been done back in '06 or so, would this have prevented, say, the Virginia Tech Shootings? Or any other shootings (of any type) since that time? Because if not, then this would be a colossal waste of time to do, because there would be no evidence (or very little) that it would make any difference.

And besides, if a 'terrorist' wants a gun, I'm sure they could manage to get one anyway. A ban on explosives didn't stop the Oklahoma bombing, or stop the Columbine shooters from trying to make a bomb.

And if this is on an already flawed system, then it's even worse.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I really think people who do things that are violent or possibly illegal or may endanger others is a reason to not give them guns or let them fly...

So maybe eceryone running this country shouldn't have one with all the WARS THEY start and all the innocent people they murder. Crimes against humanity and war crimes.What gives you or them the right to say what I'm allowed to do. I was born of Gods will not because the Ny mayor or president willed it to be.

I had an accident as a young man (21 yrs old) which left me, as they label me, aconvicted felon. Because I made a mistake in my life I'm not allowsed to do certain thingss. I'm more responsible, have more compassion for life and value human life more than these law passing scum ever will, but you and everyone else(on paper) see me as a criminal. Yet if you met me, by my actions would think(as everyone else does) that I'm the most kind hearted and sincere guy.

I don't understand why so many people have issues with this. It's the safe thing to do.

They only feel it's safe for them for the crimes they are gonna further committ against this country. they want people unarmed.Anyone they deem an actual threat to their agenda.

If you're a suspected terrorist you probably have had your calls monitored and emails monitored and there's a reason why you are considered dangerous, I'm pretty sure.

And for my outspoken Anti Govt,pro American views alone they would label me terrorist. I'm being labeled a terrorist by the biggest terrorist EVER to walk the earth.

Understand one thing, which I can't believe people are so neive about.

Laws aren't in place to protect you. They are in place to Empower the few who control us and make revenue for the state and country. They keep us poor which keeps us weak. I have had laws applied to me and witnesses in court in my favor and they still manipulated the laws on their behalf. I have all the trnscribed minutes from every hearing and all documentation written, to prove it, and contacted every senetor, congress, doj a, my mayor, lawyers and the list gowes on. Nobody wants to go against the state even though I can prove innocence.So don't tell me about laws.

And if you want to be TECHNICAL, the law can also be applied (manipulated) for you to.

Do you pay teaxes? Then you are technically sponsoring terrorism.

Do you vote? Then you voted terrorists into office.

I don't vote because I would never give these scum, the right to rule over my life. So I believe you and everyone who voted, should have a law banning it. Why should you get to vote these people into office to ruin MY LIFE? look at what you're responsible for so far. The economic downfall of America. See my point?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is ignorant.

If someone is a terrorist they aren't going to buy a gun and register their name. they aren't going to go through a back ground check. No. Instead, they are going to obtain the weapons illegally. The 'no gun list' for the 'no fly list' is freak'n stupid.

Obama's Chief of Staff is a moron.

And I agree with Dr. Love - looks like he's drugged up or something.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There's always the black market; how do they think most criminals have guns anyway????????????? By the black market I mean the stuff that ran out it's life on the shelves and now our government wants their share anyway possible; so whats easier then back alley trading!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There will be legislation that proclaims all firearm owners as Terrorists.

Civil war, some Change huh.

Roper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join