It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Plastic Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I was downtown todat (Seattle) At the Swedish Cancer Institute.

I went outside to smoke, and noticed something I hadn't noticed before.

Next to Swedish, are many storefront restraunts. One, has a sandwich board out front and a banner on the window of the establishment.

Have any of you ever heard of plastic food?
could this have something to do with McDonalds 4 year old fries looking like they just came out of the fryer?

See images.

Any insight would be great.

I was going to talk with the proprietor, but had no time, but I took a couple pics.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Synchronicity dude, i was just an hour ago relating Supersize Me to my mum and describing the everlasting fries.

The add sure looks like a dig at Mcplastic

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Honestly, I'm not much help but this is an interesting topic and would like to give it a bump! I know pringles have plastic in them... Anyway hopefully someone with more knowledge will post.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hahahaha!!! They're probably trying to say that they try not to use preservatives and chemicals.

That is so funny, though.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

Thanks for the tip.
I had no idea. I will look further into this and other products that may contain plastic.

I wonder if there is a FDA tolerated amount that will be acceptable as far as what is considered unhealthy

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I might be wrong but I was told that napoleon ordered the invention of margerine bcuz he was getting fat.
I also heard that margerine was 1 molecule away from being considered a plastic.
Thats the only food and plastic connection that my brain makes.
I could be wrong so if anybody wants to check that out then be my guest as I would love to know if that is true.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I remember when those cookies came out that always stayed chewy and moist were found to have plastic in them to keep that way.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

I did some googling and couldn't find anything on plastic pringles other than pringles containers being plastic.
You wouldn't have happened to saved a link, eh? I love pringles

anyway.. I probably wouldn't eat at a place that had to advertise that their food isn't plastic. I should know by eating it

[edit on 2/2/2009 by Bumr055]

new topics

top topics

join