It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*California officially out of money*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
what will happen if the prison systems are not funded, they are - after all businesses. perhaps this is why policemen are carring assult weapons.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I just loaded my fridge with plenty of beer and my shelves with plenty of fat free chips. I hope they delay the switch to digital TV this week ...so I can keep watching American Idol. Don't Worry be Happy!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

You just noticed assault rifles in cop cars just now!? Man where have you been.. They started carrying those things after that bank job in SoCal when they found themselves out gunned. About half a dozen heavily armed men, dressed in Kevlar outfits killed an ass load of cops. The cops had to do head shots to take them down.
People have enough to worry about without having you to instill more fear in them. You want fear? OK.. Here you go..
I think the cops will need more then just their M-16 A1 in the near future. Considering what's happening there now, and what's about to happen. You might want to get one also. When things really fall apart there in Cali, you'll be seeing an uprising from MS 13. The so called Mexican freedom fighters. (Waste of human flesh). They take no prisoners. They will take your head though. That's their signature.
Is that enough fear for you? Well, you can thank the idiots in charge of securing our boarders while pampering to the needs of the tree huger's, Drug lords, and the flow of white powder to the man in charge. Now that's fact pal.. You want to know more? Ask the two Boarder Agents who got arrested for doing their jobs. It was their indoctrination.
Money talks. The boarder is still open and the coc aine still funds the Mexican Mob.
Now aren't you glad to see those M-16's..

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoPardus70

You are right about when they started carrying assault rifles, but no one was killed in that tragic event but the bank robbers. Many cops were wounded but none killed. The only people that died during that event were the 2 bank robbers. One shot himself under the chin with a handgun, and the other died from 29 gunshot wounds.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpencerJ
reply to post by Dramey

'Remove welfare, downsize this ginormous "safety net" we have, simplify our immigration policy and you'll see a vast number of these illegals returning home. Also end birthright citizenship. No need to build a "fence" or bring back the army. Use that money for other purposes like rebuilding our infrastructure.
"

Yes, and please remove corporate welfare like the bankster bailout. I don't see any accountability or transparency. Also, there's the matter of over one trillion dollars 'missing' from the pentagon's accounting every year. Nobody is looking into this either, and it's been going on for quite some time.

www.whereisthemoney.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoPardus70

The police have not had assault rifles in their cars since the bank heist in Los Angeles. This is a new weapon carrying policy. While assault weapons were used first by a few agencies in Northern California by regular street cops it has just in the last few months been widespread. Texas, which has more border cities with drug violence than California does not yet carry weapons of this sort they were however in a November news article on MSNBC debating their deployment.

I am not sure what the rest of your rant was about. Yes, Hispanic gangs can be brutal. Yes, the drug trade is brutal. The border guards got caught.

On Topic however, CA is not as broke as they state. They have money, just none for the common person.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Prime example on the fate of the rest of the Nation. When you have an overwhelming amount of people who make a living off of welfare and illeagals who drain the economy it is to be expected.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
legalization of marijuana would help california significantly as long the dea recognizes that and stops raiding all the tax paying shops which could bring significant revenue to the state, and the nation if done on the national level

and i truly feel the biggest thing holding california down is the abundance of illegal immigration

its one thing to have a multicultural society, its another to have absolutely no control over your borders and having a state over run like a house is over run by roaches

many will call that comment racist or prejudice or ignorant, but they probably are the ones who are either illegal, or haven't experienced 1st hand what such an abundance of illegal immigration does to an area

i live in the inland empire in so cal....illegals are destroying our state, period. anyone who doesnt think this is either illegal or lives in a very affluent area like mission viejo, etc.

go into a city like chino for example....it used to be working class people, nice community, little to no real crime or gang problems. just last night, 2 guys shot up a papa johns, cop and both suspects are now in the hospital.

its literally like being in mexico in some cities. people riding horses on the street, all cars from the 80s, houses with tin roofs.....im not exagerating, i see this every day going to work. this is no less than 10 minutes from multi million dollar houses.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
National Park Service Rangers have Black rifles also.

I've seen them mounted inside there NPS SUV's.......

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheazy

Originally posted by Dramey
legalization of marijuana would help california significantly as long the dea recognizes that and stops raiding all the tax paying shops which could bring significant revenue to the state, and the nation if done on the national level

and i truly feel the biggest thing holding california down is the abundance of illegal immigration

its one thing to have a multicultural society, its another to have absolutely no control over your borders and having a state over run like a house is over run by roaches

many will call that comment racist or prejudice or ignorant, but they probably are the ones who are either illegal, or haven't experienced 1st hand what such an abundance of illegal immigration does to an area

i live in the inland empire in so cal....illegals are destroying our state, period. anyone who doesnt think this is either illegal or lives in a very affluent area like mission viejo, etc.

go into a city like chino for example....it used to be working class people, nice community, little to no real crime or gang problems. just last night, 2 guys shot up a papa johns, cop and both suspects are now in the hospital.

its literally like being in mexico in some cities. people riding horses on the street, all cars from the 80s, houses with tin roofs.....im not exagerating, i see this every day going to work. this is no less than 10 minutes from multi million dollar houses.

Illegal immigration is only a symptom.

A simple restructuring and enforcement of laws would get rid of much of the illegal immigration problem.

The California government and culture is too politically correct.

There are teachers that teach their classes in English and Spanish.

There are employers who will only hire people if they are bilingual and I am not talking about janitors or maids. There are law enforcement, business and medical organizations that require this. If people want tax payer funded services, the least they can do is learn the language.

There is special treatment for students who are illegal immigrants but normal out of state American students have to pay huge tuition fees.

Employers hardly ever get busted for employing illegals and yet when there is that rare raid, it is considered a round up motivated by racism.

There are municipalities that consider themselves sanctuaries for illegal immigrants and prevent any enforcement.

The California (and federal) government consistently cower to the whinings of the Mexican government, even though they are as corrupt as hell and are practically run by drug cartels.

Both parties try waaay too hard to suck up to the Hispanic vote, even to the point of ignoring other demographics.

Illegal immigration is brought to you by a corrupt system. It is the same system that has bankrupted the state of California.

We, the people of California, have voted for the people that have created and that run the corrupt system and, we the people of California, are allowing the system to keep running.

We, the people of California, get what we deserve.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Lets attempt to keep this thread about "California running out of money" and not about the illigal alliens and rifles in cop cars. Since the "national media" is giving little attention to this event, lets hear from local ATS members of what is going on in your town.

The media will not cover this until Cal collapses and is in despair. So please Cal members keep us informed because the riple is coming our way.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

abclocal.go.com.../state&id=6636740

California officially out of money
Monday, February 02, 2009 | 11:45 AM

"People are living on a tight budget. Mortgages are a lot bigger in California. They use that refund in order to pay their real estate taxes," said Gael Knight of Knight & Company.

Knight thinks the effects of this will trickle down, affecting a number of agencies from the city level all the way up to the state level.

California is not yet issuing IOUs, but that could become necessary in March or April.

If I was waiting on a state tax refund to pay my real estate taxes, I would send the IOU I received to the real estate tax people while I was waiting. How can they expect US to pay what we own them, if they don't give back what THEY owe us!

This is why you should not have too much withheld and expect a refund, they just might not give it back!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej

This is why you should not have too much withheld and expect a refund, they just might not give it back!

If only one could.

The government pretty much forces you to overpay on your normal paychecks with the way the exemption system works.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I'm completely with you projectvxn, and I've been saying this from the start alongside you and a few others.

California and NY have been the states to watch for early signals of what is going to happen to much (if not all) of the US.

The more people there are out of work, the more people there are with little or nothing left to loose.
What will they do?
Protest.
What will the government do?
Try to stop them.
What will that cause?
Riots.
What will that do?
Incite more protests and riots against the police and big business, as seen in Greece, Iceland and several other countries.

This is why they are not reporting it. This is why no one is talking about the true magnitude of this situation.
TPTB are hoping that if you all don't talk about it, no one will notice and people won't converge into a group powerful enough to cause any publicly visible instability.

The truth is, people will reach a certain point before feeling like they have to fight back.
Even if nothing is reported, it is inevitable that a group somewhere will protest eventually, and how the authorities deal with these protests will dictate how bad it all becomes.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Lets attempt to keep this thread about "California running out of money" and not about the illigal alliens and rifles in cop cars. Since the "national media" is giving little attention to this event, lets hear from local ATS members of what is going on in your town.

The media will not cover this until Cal collapses and is in despair. So please Cal members keep us informed because the riple is coming our way.

illegals and guns in cop cars are one symptom of california running out of money.

what you see going on in california is spreading across the country.

when gangs that started in mexico came to LA, they over ran the city. their culture kills our govt system, they are the ones leaching off the hand outs that I am paying for.

MS13 was local to southern california, but now its all over the nation.

so just as the gangs spread to your state, so are all the other social problems that come with them. they are one & the same IMO. gangs breed the culture, the culture breeds the gangs.

they need to close up the borders NOW, if you want to come to this country, do it LEGALLY.

LEARN THE LANGUAGE, its the least they can do. i shouldnt have a problem ordering food because the person behind the counter cant understand english.

i wouldnt move to france and expect everyone to learn english so i can communicate.

as for the local economy, i moved into a nice, brand new community 3 years ago. we didnt have all the nice shops and everything, but about a year ago, all kinds of resaurants opened up. we got real excited, maybe our home would stop losing value....now 2 of them were closed this week. we had a super target with a giant retail center that went up in october. TONS of store space surrounding it, only 4 businesses have moved in since october.

economy is horrible out here, everyone is losing their jobs and its only going to get worse.

im in the housing industry, developers are starting to bid on projects that were shut down in 2006, but they wont start building until early 2010 if we are lucky.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by wheazy]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Weazy

I know the gangs and illigals are a good part of the melt down for CAL. What I am referring to is keeping this thread about the original topic of California running out of money!

Again, since the media is not showing on a national level what affects the collapse is having in communities in CAL.............I think this thread is a good source of informing ATS members of what to look for in our nieghborhoods very soon.

So its important to hear the facts concerning what is happening today and tomorrow. We know the gangs are running wild but what about the state workers, policemen, firemen, businesses...........are they being laid off? shut down? Asked to volunter thier services? What about the elderly? Do you see national guard building up in areas? This is the type of information we are not getting from the media.

California is the heart beat for America. When it stops beating the rest of the states will go into shock. I'd rather not wait to hear it from the media because it will be sugar coated to ease the fear............

Keep in mind there are several military training deployments or excercises going on in the US this month (medivac in Oklahoma, New Orleans, New York..ect). How convenient it would be to pull these resourecs away for a collapsed state.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm in California now, and with any luck headed out of here tomorrow, up through Sacramento and out through Reno... This place is dying, literally.

A business here that I came to do work for unexpectedly shut down, locked its doors, and the people who worked there were not happy at all, you get a sense from these people that this area as well as other parts of California are ready to explode in violence, the state's claim to be sending out IOUs rather than tax returns etc. is only going to make it worse.

I hope California isn't the first state to officially and completely collapse, because I really love this place, but business ain't good, in fact the worst I've ever seen anywhere.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just got a call from a friend wondering what to do...she's behind on her rent and her work has just about completely dried up: she works in the entertainment business, mostly corporate parties dj'ing and karaoke. She had 3 gigs in January and only has 3 booked in February.

Another friend has to wait for his paycheck as the owner could only pay some of the employees on time this week.

Both are awaiting tax refunds that will probably arrive too late if at all.

And they're the lucky ones: they still have some work.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am very surprised that we have not heard from members stating that the national guard is being mobilized.........Does any one know if there is a training excercise going on in CAL?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the updates from those of you are are local to the area.

Of course it will be a precursor for the rest of the nation, whatever happens there and how it is handled.

Keep your eyes open and try your best to stay as positive as you can.

Best of luck to you all.

IA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join