It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Within 7 days - 6 died at Minot Air Force Base 07 - Commander now dead

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera
I've been stationed there, regulations are a such that when I heard about those nukes being on the bomber I laughed. That just doesn't happen, I know loaders, crew chiefs etc, worked there for a few years, you don't just 'accidentally' load nukes.

There's definitely something going on.

Exactly. Orders to load "nukes" can only be given by the top dog.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by n1zzzn
On the topic of the original "mishap" did it ever occur that it was intended not to be used against America but to start another front (war=money) under the guise of a resistance group inside another country? (aka Iran)

Yep, supposedly an attack on Iran.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Originally posted by Riviera
I've been stationed there, regulations are a such that when I heard about those nukes being on the bomber I laughed. That just doesn't happen, I know loaders, crew chiefs etc, worked there for a few years, you don't just 'accidentally' load nukes.

There's definitely something going on.

Exactly. Orders to load "nukes" can only be given by the top dog.

exactly! There was no order...it was a terrible accident

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Exopolitico

I was thinking more towards Broken Arrow with Travolta,,,,,,Wasn't there just a mysterious death there......Life imitates art......Strange....DIRT

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

I just checked out another thread about the New Hampshire legislation to put the Feds on notice to return sovereignty back to the states (OK, that's a poor synopsis on my part). But there is some info in that thread that seems relevant to this discussion, concerning the Federal Govt. willingness to perpetrate atrocities on it's citizens. See this link: post by j2000

Regards...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I also have a list of those that have taken place since 1885 to now.........reference Rockefeller's foundations and eugenics and add a dash of Kissinger's NSSM 200......

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It has been written that Louisiana indeed did not know and was surprised to be on the receiving end. They were even more surprised to receive 5 out of 6. As they were all familiar with flying they also knew about imbalanced loads --

They were indeed willing to risk their careers by reporting this find to the news, knowing full well they would risk their careers.

It speaks to their integrity. They had integrity.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If there are "Loose Nukes" resulting from the Minot/Barksdale incident, I would expect them to be most likely used someplace like Pakistan.

An unexplained detonation in an unstable, but nuclear-armed Islamic nation, so close to various strategic players, would make a very convincing arguement for "close scrutiny" and "hands-on" supervision by the US.

We would not likely be able to induce anyone in Pakistan to have an "accident" with an indiginous device, so an imported warhead, still scrupulously accounted for in American stockpile reports, would be the next best thing.

No one will believe the Pakistani protestations that the device wasn't one of theirs; of course they would say that! And for various reasons of their own, the other nuclear countries will be cajoled into accepting the US's generous offer to provide "much needed security" for the remaining Pakistani warheads.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill

9 deaths all together

www.projectcamelot.org...

This is by far the most comprehensive coverage of this story, thanks for the link!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

Call me IMPRESSED with all the information you have provided on the thread! WOW, you really have done an AWESOME job with research!!

from the link you provided :
www.projectcamelot.org...

The fact that the incident only apparently became known to the U.S. Air Force when military personnel reported it, suggests that either the nuclear weapons were ordered to be moved or that the electronic tracking devices had been removed or tampered with. This scenario would need the involvement of individuals with expertise in military electronics or for those responsible for the monitoring of nuclear weapons to look the other way or both.

Todd Blue

Airman 1st Class Todd Blue went on leave days after the nuclear weapons were "lost." Blue died under questionable timing while on leave, visiting his family in Wytheville, Virginia at the age of 20 on September 10, 2007. He was a response force member assigned to the 5th Security Forces Squadron. What does this mean?

Airman Todd Blue occupied a key position in weapons systems security at Minot. [14] At Minot U.S.A.F. Base the 5th Security Forces Squadron to which he belonged was responsible for base entry requirements and a particular section, the Weapons System Security section, was responsible for preventing the unauthorized removal of military property. The latter is responsible for security of all priority resources, meaning the security of nuclear weapons. In other words not only did the 5th Security Forces Squadron keep eyes on what entered and left Minot, but they kept an eye on and monitored the nuclear weapons.

John Frueh

U.S. Air Force Captain John Frueh is another serviceman who could have been indirectly connected to the "lost" nuclear weapons. He was reported as being last seen with a GPS device, camera, and camcorder being carried with him in a backpack. Local police in Oregon and the F.B.I. seemed to be looking for him for days. His family also felt that something bad had happened to him.

On September 8, 2007 Captain Frueh was found dead in Washington State, near his abandoned rental car, after the Portland Police Department contacted the Skamania County Sheriff's Officer. [15] The last time he spoke with his family was August 30, 2007. He had arrived from Florida to attend a wedding that he never showed up at. The Oregonian reported that "Authorities in Portland found no activity on his credit or bank cards since [Frueh] was last seen (...) [and that] the last call from his cell phone was made at 12:28 p.m. [August 30, 2007] from Mill Plain Boulevard and Interstate 205 in Vancouver [Washington State]." [16]

His background was in meteorology and the study of the atmosphere and weather. He was also reported to be a U.S. Air Force pararescue officer. [17] He was also a major-select candidate, which means he was selected for a promotion as a U.S. Air Force major, but was not officially promoted.

Captain Frueh belonged to the U.S.A.F. Special Operations Command. U.S.A.F. Special Operations Command has its headquarters in Hurlburt Field, Florida and is one of nine major Air Force commands. It is also the U.S. Air Force's component of U.S. Special Operations Command, a unified command located at MacDill Air Force Base, which is also in Florida. The force provides special operations forces for worldwide deployment and assignment to regional unified commands, such as CENTCOM. Its missions include conduct of global special operations. These operations - and this is where careful attention should be paid - range from "precision application of firepower, such as nuclear weapons," to infiltration, exfiltration (the removal of "devices," supplies, spies, special agents, or units from enemy territory), re-supply and refuelling of special operational elements.

In Captain Frueh's case his death is questionable too. The U.S. Air Force would not let a missing persons' investigation go forward by the police without conducting its own investigation. Usually the different service branches of the U.S. military would investigate for missing servicemen, to see if these individuals are Absent Without Authorized Leave (AWAL) or have deserted, before an individual's case is handed over to the police.

Clint Huff, Linda Huff, and Weston Kissel

Another military weatherman, along with his wife, also died after August 30, 2007. Senior Airman Clint Huff, belonging to the 26th Operational Weather Squadron and his wife Linda Huff died in a motorcycle accident on September 15, 2007. [18] The husband and wife fatality happened on Shreveport-Blanchard Highway, near U.S.A.F. Base Barksdale, when according to the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Officer a Pontiac Aztec, a medium-sized SUV, initiated a left turn at the same time that the couple attempted to pass on a no passing zone and collided. [19]

Weston Kissel
First-Lieutenant Weston Kissel, a B-52H Stratofortress Bomber pilot, also died in a reported Tennessee motorcycle accident. This was while he was on leave in, less than two months from the nuclear B-52 flights, on July 17, 2007. [20] His death came after another single-vehicle accident by another Minot serviceman, Senior Airman Adam Barrs. [21]

Adam Barrs and Stephen Garrett

Senior Airman Barrs died as a passenger in a vehicle being driven by Airman 1st Class

Adam Barrs

Stephen Garrett, also from Minot. Garrett, also belongs to the 5th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron.

The death of Barrs was reported as being part of a single-vehicle car accident. Associated Press reports state that "[Minot] Base officials say 20-year-old Barrs was a passenger in a vehicle that failed to negotiate a curve, hit an approach, hit a tree and started on fire late Tuesday [July 3, 2007] night." [22] Barrs was pronounced dead on the scene of the accident, while Garrett was taken the hospital with no updates released by the U.S. Air Force. Adam Barrs also belonged to the 5th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, where he was responsible for the maintenance and securing of the electronic communicational and navigation mission systems aboard the B-52H Stratofortresses on base. The 5th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron is also one of the units that are responsible for loading and unloading weaponry onto the B-52H Stratofortresses.

The deaths of Kissel and Barrs could be dismissed as irrelevant because they occurred prior to the incident. However, Barrs and Kissel could have been in one way or another connected to the advanced planning of the special operation, prior to the incident (special operations are not planned in a few days and may take months and even longer). There is, of course, no proof and only an independent investigation will be able to reveal whether these deaths are connected to the incident.If there was an internal and secretive operation bypassing most military personnel, a few men in key positions would have to have been involved over a period of time prior to the August 29/30, 2007 flight. Senior Airman Barrs, due to his expertise in communication and navigational systems, could potentially have been involved in the preparations that would have allowed the nuclear weapons to escape detection by military surveillance and be ready for takeoff.

I know the above was linked in the original thread page, but this has more information.

more information in next post.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
from link:www.projectcamelot.org...

Other Mysterious Deaths: Was the Missing Nukes Incident connected to US War Plans directed against Iran?

Charles Riechers
Charles D. Riechers

A U.S. Air Force official, Charles D. Riechers, has been found dead on October 14, 2007. [24] Riechers was a retired Air Force officer and master navigator specializing in electronic warfare. He was a member of the Senior Executive Service of the U.S. Air Force, and was the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition and Management. A description of his duties includes "providing sound expert advice and guidance on acquisition and procurement policies, as well as formulating, reviewing and, as assigned, execution of plans, programs and policies relating to organization, function, operation and improvement of the Air Force's acquisition system."

He apparently killed himself by running his car's engine inside his suburban garage in Virginia. The death of Charles D. Riechers has been casually linked by The Washington Post to his involvement in fraudulent activities and embezzlement. [25] The Washington Post reported that the Air Force had asked defense contractor, Commonwealth Research Institute (C.R.I.), to give him a job with no known duties while he waited for official clearance for his promoted rank in the Pentagon. Riechers is quoted as saying: "I really didn't do anything for C.R.I.," and "I [still] got a paycheck from them." The question, of course, was whether the contractor might expect favours in return upon his assignment to the Pentagon last January. [26] A mysterious suicide letter expressing shame was subsequently reported; the letter was reportedly from a man who had already admitted without shame that he was receiving money for doing nothing. This was known to the U.S. Senate, which had approved his promotion.

In a report featured by Pravda, Russian Intelligence analysts have said that the reported suicide of Charles D. Riechers was a cover-up and that he was murdered because of his involvement in the controversial flight of nuclear weapons over the continental United States.

Pravda reports that "Russian Intelligence Analysts are reporting today that American War Leaders have ‘suicided' [sic] one of their Top US Air Force Officials Charles D. Riechers as the rift growing between the U.S. War Leaders and their Top Military Officers over a nuclear attack on Iran appears to be nearing open warfare." [27]

According to the Pravda report, the incident was linked to an operation to smuggle nuclear weapons away from the U.S. military in connection to launching a war against Iran.

Russell E. Dougherty

More than a month before the death of Riechers, General Russell Elliot Dougherty, a retired flag officer, was also reported to have died on September 7, 2007 at his home in Falcon Landing military retirement community in Potomac Falls located in Arlington, Virginia. [28] He once was one of the most senior individuals responsible for the nuclear arsenal of the U.S. military and also the former commander of Strategic Air Command (SAC) and director of the Joint Strategic Target Planning Staff, which identified nuclear targets worldwide amongst its responsibilities. At Minot next to his obituary was a military information notice on suicide, telling servicepersons what the signs of suicide are. [29]

Russell Dougherty in the course of his military career in the U.S. Air Force had dealt with the issues pertaining to Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD), full spectrum dominance, how to defeat the enemy and avoid a nuclear war, other uses for nuclear weaponry, Nuclear Primacy for the U.S., and tackling the effects of the wind and weather - due to their unpredictable natures - on the use of nuclear weapons.

The fact that the nuclear warheads were attached to the nuclear cruise missiles could mean that someone wanted to take the weapons in one step or to use them right away.

Timely Appointments at U.S.A.F. Base Minot

Several of the commanding officers at Minot were freshly appointed in June, 2007. This may have been part of standard procedures, but the timing should not be ignored.

Colonel Robert D. Critchlow was transferred, just before the incident, from the Pentagon to Minot and appointed commanding officer for the 91st Operations Group, a missileer unit and the operational backbone of the 91st Space Wing. In Washington, D.C. he was involved in research for the Congressional Research Services and later posted into Air Force Nuclear Response and Homeland Defence.

Colonel Myron L. Freeman was transferred from Japan to Minot in June, 2007. Colonel Freeman was appointed as the commander of the 91st Security Forces Group, which is responsible for securing Minot's nuclear arsenal.

Colonel Gregory S. Tims was also appointed as deputy commander or vice-commander of the 91st Space Wing in June, 2007. However, Colonel Tims was transfered to Minot from California almost a year before.

One of the most senior non-commissioned officers (NCOs) or non-commissioned members (NCMs), Chief Master Sergeant Mark R. Clark, was also transferred to U.S.A.F. Base Minot from Nebraska in July, 2007.

Colonel Roosevelt Allen was also transferred to Minot from Washington, D.C. to become commander of the 5th Medical Group.

Colonel Bruce Emig, the now-former commander of the 5th Bomb Wing, was also transferred to Minot from U.S.A.F. Base Ellsworth in South Dakota in June, 2007. Colonel Emig was also the base commander of Minot.

Colonel Cynthia M. Lundell, the now-former group commander for the 5th Maintenance Group, the unit responsible for loading and unloading weaponry onto the B-52H Stratofortresses was also freshly transferred from a NATO post in Western Europe in June, 2007. Were these appointments temporary? Were any of these appointments related to the six "lost" nuclear missiles?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Flagged because somethings rotten in Denmark. This kind of stuff still being vague in the publics mind is why I gave up relying on large mainstream media outlets (by and large) for any useful information. Our press should be getting in trouble and spalshing sensational and true headlines to sell their papers or online ads. MSM is on perpetual coast.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well that is all well and good...believe what ya like. It's as if there is absolutely no chance that it was an accident.

ah well...c'est la vie

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is quite a story. I also read one of the Time magazines top under reported stories of 2008 was the mishap where the Air Force was supposed to have sent helicopter batteries to Taiwan but actually sent nuclear fuses instead.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Give me a stipend, and I'll hop on a plane to Minot to interview people. I'll go to that commander's home town and interview people there, too.

To any feds who may or may not be monitoring this thread, how does that make you feel? A scruffy, long-hair has the cajones that you do not, knows that this one is real and is willing to take his life into his own hands where you are not.

If you don't feel ashamed for this, then you, sir or madam, do not have what it takes to be a guardian of the Constitution and the people of America.

Give me a stipend, Mr. Rockefeller, and I'll do what an army of perfectly square feds don't have the personal character to do: investigate conspiracy and murder at the highest levels, with nothing less than a covert attempt to nuke some target in the middle east, costing God knows how many innocent lives.

I'm really done with this friggin government. It seems that Tom Jefferson was absolutely right. The worst of us filter up to the top of the heap over time. It's a natural process, and it's time to clean house.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The only thing that matters is that those men are dead, and if it was a clean up or a cover up it was still a crime. Besides, without knowing what the hell it all means, it is even more important to uncover the truth.

Look, let's pretend there were some "bad guys" who organized the nuke flight and sent the detonators to Taiwan (they did. doesn't the manifest reveal who they are?). Let's say their evil plan was thwarted. Let's say the "good guys" want not only to clean house, but to send a message that this isn't to be tolerated.

Those "good guys" are no good at all. This is mafia stuff. Not lawful. Not honorable. Not Constitutional.

And if you've got a group of men who can act this way and feel they are doing the right thing, then you've still got a powerful, organized, criminal force that sets itself above the law. There's no escaping from this. Imagine the failure. Good family. Hard work. Graduated from the Academy with honors. Distinguished career. Thug.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The Republic is rotting. It isn't rotting and collapsing because the little people are too stupid to do what is right. You don't keep secrets like this from the people to protect the Republic. You keep secrets like this to protect certain powerful people, period. The secrecy IS the rot. That's the secret. So, the more secrecy you pile on, the faster the corruption grows and festers. Only sunshine can clear the infection. If it means an earthquake in the halls of power, so what? If the Constitution and the Republic can't stand the truth, then they deserve to fail. It isn't even a matter of a value judgment. It's just the reality of how this is going to unfold. It is going to fail, and you can pin that failure on the kind of secrecy that tells itself it is doing the right thing. It's like trying to run away from your shadow. The sun is setting, and the shadow grows longer. Pretty soon, there will be nothing but darkness.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by applebiter]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The entire end game is a one world government.........the only game in town. All this other are the steps to get there.......

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter
The Republic is rotting. It isn't rotting and collapsing because the little people are too stupid to do what is right. You don't keep secrets like this from the people to protect the Republic. You keep secrets like this to protect certain powerful people, period. The secrecy IS the rot. That's the secret. So, the more secrecy you pile on, the faster the corruption grows and festers. Only sunshine can clear the infection. If it means an earthquake in the halls of power, so what? If the Constitution and the Republic can't stand the truth, then they deserve to fail. It isn't even a matter of a value judgment. It's just the reality of how this is going to unfold. It is going to fail, and you can pin that failure on the kind of secrecy that tells itself it is doing the right thing. It's like trying to run away from your shadow. The sun is setting, and the shadow grows longer. Pretty soon, there will be nothing but darkness.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by applebiter]

Have you been reading President Obama's e-mail?

This sounds way too much like the email that I sent him.You can come clean. You will have it in writing. I won't sue.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well, FAS beat us both to the punch. They were warning about the culture of secrecy and its consequences back in the 90s if not before.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join