It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Within 7 days - 6 died at Minot Air Force Base 07 - Commander now dead

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Hi all, Ive just bumped into this discussion and find it scary and intriguing.
Im from New Zealand. Can someone point me to a statement (linked) that a nuclear wep has gone astray please. In all the reading I dont see anything stating one is missing.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

negative...if you knew what your talking about...lol...the cruse missles in question ONLY carry nukes....

I didnt stutter....

brush up...just google it...geeeee

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

"why not Minot?"

Freezin's The Reason!

At least people who've been there get it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Long time reader...New to posting
Well....not exactly seven days...But still too coincidental.

Senior Airman Adam Barrs, 20..........Auto Fatality......July 3,2007
www.minot.af.mil...

First Lt. Weston Kissel, 28.....Motorcycle Fatality.....July 17,2007
www.minot.af.mil...
www.bismarcktribune.com...

Captain John Frueh...Last spoke to his family...Aug 30,2007...Body found Sept 8 (Apparent suicide,although he had a backpack with a video camera and GPS.
www.komonews.com...

Airman 1st Class Todd Blue ...Guarded the unit...September 10, 2007 ....shot in the head while on leave visiting family...
www.blackvoices.com...

Barksdale AFB...(where the plane landed)
Senior Airman Clint Huff and His Wife Linda.....Motorcycle Fatalities
www.ksla.com...

Capt. Jonathan Bayless....February 3,2009....Police found the body...no details yet
www.airforcetimes.com...

Has anyone entertained the idea this was done to get rid of the top commanders.If you go back and read,Robert removed the top two commanders of the Air Force.They were Air Force Chief of Staff T. Michael “Buzz” Moseley and Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne.Army Secretary Francis Harvey was fired earlier that year.

My personal thought is ex-CIA Director Gates knows about this one for sure.You need all your pieces positioned before you take the king.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
People,

A. It seems to me someone was trying to fill an "order".
I believe no one was to find out about the nukes. Unfortunately, someone did. An enticing compensation package was offered to be paid upon delivery. Because the delivery fell through a few peolpe were upset because they didn't get paid, some threats were made. So the brains behind the operation had to make sure all loose ends were tied up.
B. Take a few nukes. Remove the guts. Replace the housing with something Russisan, Korean, Chinese or even Iranian. Place nukes in a nice unsuspecting area. Have a spy satellite fly over & take a few shots. TA-DA! A bonifide reason for an invasion.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDSalinger
People,

A. It seems to me someone was trying to fill an "order".
I believe no one was to find out about the nukes. Unfortunately, someone did. An enticing compensation package was offered to be paid upon delivery. Because the delivery fell through a few peolpe were upset because they didn't get paid, some threats were made. So the brains behind the operation had to make sure all loose ends were tied up.
B. Take a few nukes. Remove the guts. Replace the housing with something Russisan, Korean, Chinese or even Iranian. Place nukes in a nice unsuspecting area. Have a spy satellite fly over & take a few shots. TA-DA! A bonifide reason for an invasion.

Well, I like the cut ofyour jib!

One speculation contained in the OP link was that it was psyops to threaten Iran. The media didn't need to whip up any furor here, the purpose was served. That letter appears at the bottom of the OP link, interesting.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
reply to post by nwosigns

"Something is going to happen. California is broke and ripe for an event. I believe that the link to this nuclear weapon flight and that one or more may be missing, will play a part with Schwarzenegger and getting him in office. If they let one foreign born in, and America excepted it - they will amend the Constitution for Arnold."

Don't forget that we are on the Cusp of a Constitutional convention. I had always assumed that a Con Convention required 34 states to actively seek a convention. I never realized that the Const. Convention request stayed in the books and was cumulative to the rest of the states. We are 2-4 states away from a formal Con Convention, God only knows what the outcome could be.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by nwosigns]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I read about this story last year. I am not sure why this is resurfacing now, has there been some new developments? Here are some links to the articles that I read concerning this event. Will Thomas wrote some interesting articles that are thought provoking that you might find interesting to read if you missed them.

www.projectcamelot.org...
www.willthomasonline.net...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Dying 200yds from your vehicle of hypothermia is extremely suspicious. How is that a normal death? I dont know anyone who wouldnt get to their car to warm up. Also most of the deaths caused by CIA are in crashes. Its easy to look up some of that info from past conspiracies.

When I saw that, (crash, crash, crash, air plane crash.) it was quite obvious to me who caused it.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by freeslave

this is great information you found, I am going to see if the mods can put it on the main OP page. with credit to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
New information on this subject this morning - regarding nukes..

link to article: www.washingtontimes.com...

Title from article:

EXCLUSIVE: Air Force fails new nuclear reviews

Air Force nuclear units have failed two inspections in the past three months, providing fresh evidence that the military service that jarred the world in 2007 by mistakenly transporting live nuclear weapons across the United States continues to suffer lapses in its management of intercontinental ballistic missiles.

The most recent surety-inspection failure took place at the 90th Missile Wing at F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Wyoming from Dec. 2 to Dec. 17. The base is in charge of 150 Minuteman III missiles that are on alert 24 hours a day.

Air Force officials said the 90th was given failing grades by inspectors from the Space Command and the Defense Technology Security Administration for not properly documenting tests on missiles, which require strict monitoring.

The Wyoming base was at the center of one of the two prior nuclear mishaps that cast embarrassment on the Air Force. Nuclear-missile units at F.E. Warren mistakenly transported four Minuteman III forward sections containing sensitive components to Taiwan on two occasions, in October and November 2006. The components were recovered, but the mistake exposed larger security shortfalls.

However, the final report also contained the conclusion that the problem of "the lack of interest in and attention to the nuclear mission and nuclear deterrence ... go well beyond the Air Force."

"This lack of interest and attention have been widespread throughout DoD and contributed to the decline of attention in the Air Force," the final report stated.

The report called for creating the position of assistant secretary of defense for nuclear deterrence, which would elevate nuclear issues that have been separated and downgraded as the result of a Pentagon reorganization during the Bush administration.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I guess there is also the possibility that giving the illusion that maybe a nuke was lost, could allow you set off a nuke somewhere, and deny responsibility. Set up the scenario, and then subtly let your enemy, or enemies, know of your position, in being able to deny responsibility and those implications.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

I couldn't agree more

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This goes back long before 1933.......what I am writing here is only scratching the surface, Barely.

There has been since 1933 a plan to make the United States a dictatorship and ready to join the world government. Actually our Illuminati order actually believes that the US will be the leader of this agenda. The actual plans for this world government many of us knows the entire background but for now that would be too much useless information as we are not entering into the final phase of this agenda. We have had three planned but failed military coups of our government by members of our government and military since, like I said 1933. The first included the TRAITOR! FDR, as a pawn, second, 1960-1963, JFK tried to stop it and died for it, and the third was by another traitor, named NIXON from 1970 to 1974 which included Watergate. A sort of "Minot to Barksdale" situation in June 1972 when they got caught. To make it go away, it was agreed that Nixon would be impeached, Agnew framed and removed instead of being assassinated, and Mason President Gerald Ford brought in to pardon Nixon. Ford was balking a bit so the CIA jogged his memory with an attempted assassination. This is the rest of the story.

Now, Bush Sr's role was to get this fake war on terror up and running with finally turning the tide on CIA asset Saddam and then using him to justify the war in the middle east to start.

Lying Bush
www.youtube.com...

Prescott Bush was arrested three times by the U.S. government for consorting with the nazis'. Wall Street to include, Prescott Bush, DuPont family, Rockefellers, Henry Ford, IBM, and many more FULLY FUNDED Hitler to make sure the Nazi party was off and running to start a war. These same scum along with JP Morgan planned the 1929 depression at least a full decade before 1929 to get us ready for the coup of 1933 and the war in the pacific as FDR fully provoked the Japanese and is just as guilty as they are for attacking Pearl Harbor, to get us into the war with Hitler so that we as Americans would support FDR because of the attack on Pearl, and FDR would not have to go back on his word of not sending American boys to the European war. Those are the facts of history hidden from public view and found only by extensive research.

The Real FDR..........

March 4, 1939 - Quote from a report of the secret committee by President Roosevelt,;

“I am making no concessions to business, or for relief. I have a military machine sufficient to stop any organized revolt. I am putting MY PEOPLE ahead of all instruments. I’ll have had a full understanding with Chamberlain, and we will destroy this unemployed condition with a WAR, and a WAR only. To Hell with the American people, as far as a Democracy is concerned. It does not exist. It never did, and we will never let it happen that way. I am going to crush business, infest America with all the aliens possible, and in the last analysis, declare Martial Law, and confiscate everything I need for a true and forceful Dictatorship. My New Deal is a failure, and I know it, but no one else will tell me that I must discontinue my present activities, and program.”

From the Secret Audience with the Military Appropriation Committee;
The Ways and Means Committee;
The Special War Finance Committee;

This copy was presented to me by mail through Senator Lundeen.” “The Red Fog Over America” by William Guy Carr, 1955.

In 1841 Clinton Roosevelt published in America “The Science of Government Founded on Natural Laws”, This was nothing more than a plagiarized version of the teachings of Professor Adam Weishaupt of Frankfort University, Germany, the renegade Jesuit priest who arranged for the agenteur of the Illuminati to infiltrate into French Freemasonary in 1776 so “The Secret Power” which directed the World Revolutionary Movement, and the Conspiracy of Satan, at that time could use Freemasonsary to further their secret plans and ambitious and at the same time cloak their diabolitical purpose.

The fact that FDR’s New Deal, his NRA, and other political policies and economic devices fitted perfectly into the “Long Range Plans”, of the Illuminati proved the continuity of the conspiracy from 1841 to 1945. It has been explained that Roosevelt made known his secret plans to establish a dictatorship in American in March 1939 when he gave a secret audience to some of his governments special committee. It has also been mentioned that Roosevelt was kept a virtual prisoner from after Yalta until his death presumably to prevent him telling the truth in the event his conscience troubled him when he realized that he was about to meet his maker.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, this is a prime example of the goals and role of Bush Sr, CLinton, and Bush Jr who was hoping to be the dictator of the US finally but got caught. Now the Baton has been passed to the next little bitty Puppet, Obama who will do EXACTLY as he is told by Zegb. Brzezinski his advisor. Obama is a puppet to the extreme and is being built up to be the next dictator when the time is right as laid out by his 3 predecessors. Their basic plan, increase unemployment, eliminate banks, CIA is now orchestrating a crime wave to be executed by MS-13 and LGF Latino Gangs which will prompt American citizens to want Martial law following the next 911. H.R. 645 has just authorized the over 3,000 U.S. Concentration camps (google it), and they will institute the Real ID Card Act supposed to be enacted in May 2008. Because the operation was discovered in 2007 they pushed the Real ID card act to 2009. As planned by Nixon in 1969, put into Executive Order 11647 the US was to be divided into 10 Regions, with five states per region. Due to several considerations, citizens having many private arms, and other factors Agnew was not assassinated in the September 1972 Republican convention and the coup didn't take place. The EO 11647 was revoked in 1979 and lost to archives. It resurfaced in the FEMA ops Manuel now online, on page 181 the same division except this time they call it a disaster plan.
)

www.dailypaul.com...

www.govtrack.us...

The Patriot Hour Breaking News - 188 N. American POW Camps!?!

www.youtube.com...

Kissinger the real scum bag.....since he started politics and Obama toward the end is the meat. He is full of crap in the beginning as usual.

www.youtube.com...

Their methodology for generations.....Hegelian Dialectic. There is no war on terror and never has been. The Illuminati funds both sides of every war and have since our history. Historical records and research confirms this.

www.amerikanexpose.com...

They always warn in subtle ways their plans and mostly for their own followers.....

Powell
www.youtube.com...

Biden
www.youtube.com...

Cheney warns of new attacks

Former Vice President Dick Cheney warned that there is a “high probability” that terrorists will attempt a catastrophic nuclear or biological attack in coming years, and said he fears the Obama administration’s policies will make it more likely the attempt will succeed.

In an interview Tuesday with Politico, Cheney unyieldingly defended the Bush administration’s support for the Guantanamo Bay prison and coercive interrogation of terrorism suspects.

And he asserted that President Obama will either backtrack on his stated intentions to end those policies or put the country at risk in ways more severe than most Americans — and, he charged, many members of Obama’s own team — understand.

“When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry,” Cheney said.

Protecting the country’s security is “a tough, mean, dirty, nasty business,” he said. “These are evil people. And we’re not going to win this fight by turning the other cheek.”

news.yahoo.com...

the reason for all the predictions and doom prognosticators "as he refers to himself"Is like the boy who cried wolf

www.youtube.com...

hps.org...

[edit on 4-2-2009 by tgambill]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Check this out..............I remember the planned coup of 1970-1974 with Nixon, Watergate and the fact that Americans had to many guns......they cancelled the COUP and civil war.

Now watch this little gem.........page 181 of 238.....

FEMA Transition Binder

www.fas.org...

Link page 181 to this background.

President Nixon, on March 27, 1969, through the Government Reorganization Act divided the United States into 10 Regions. To further implement this Regional Governance over the U.S.A., President Nixon signed Executive Order 11647 and entered it in the Federal Register February 12, 1972. (Vol .37, No.30) Through the authority vested in him as President of the United States, President Nixon established a Federal Regional Council for each of the 10 standard regions. It stated that, the President shall designate one member of each Council as Chairman of the Council and such Chairman shall serve at the pleasure of the President. The fact that State borders have been destroyed to create 10 REGIONS instead of 50 Union States is something your government doesn't want you to know

www.barefootsworld.net...

Designed three years before the third planned military coup, 1969, signed 1972. The coup passed on to 1974, it ended, and the act was finally revoked in 1978.......

Executive Order 11647
Federal Regional Councils
• Signed: February 10, 1972
• Federal Register page and date: 37 FR 3167; February 12, 1972
• Amended by: EO 11731, July 23, 1973; EO 11892, December 31, 1975; EO 12038, February 3, 1978
• Revoked by: EO 12149, July 20, 1979

In Executive Order No. 11647, the President decreed:

"There is hereby established a Federal Regional Council for each of the ten standard federal regions. Each Council shall be composed of the directors of the regional offices of the Departments of Labor, Health, Education, and Welfare, and Housing and Urban Development, the Secretarial Representative of the Department of Transportation, and the directors of the regional offices of the Office of Economic Opportunity, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration.

"The President shall designate one member of each such council as chairman of that council and such chairman shall serve at the pleasure of the President. Representatives of the Office of Management and Budget may participate in any deliberations of each council."
The "ten standard federal regions" referred to by Nixon were delineated by him in a press release issued by the White House on May 21, 1969. Purporting to "streamline the structure and processes of federal agencies in the field," the President then gave the alignment for the federal regions as follows: (The city in parentheses is the federal capital of each region.)

• REGION I (Boston) - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
• REGION II (New York City) - New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
• REGION III (Philadelphia) -Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.
• REGION IV (Atlanta) -Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
• REGION V (Chicago) -Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
• REGION VI (Dallas-Fort Worth) Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
• REGION VII (Kansas City) - Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska.
• REGION VIII (Denver) - Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
• REGION IX (San Francisco) -Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.
• REGION X (Seattle) - Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
As can be noted in the foregoing list, in all cases the lines drawn for these federal regions cross State lines, thus to all intents and purposes obliterating the sovereignty of the States.

www.sweetliberty.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
When this story originally came out the news said that the plane had landed with 5 bombs. At that point being that I had worked with military aircraft for 8 years I began to wonder how that was possible. One of these weapons weigh a lot and the off balanced load would seem to make take-off like that impossible as when the aircraft left the ground the heavy wing would immediately hit the ground causing a crash (there is a job that specifically deals with this called a load master). Landing would be somewhat easier as after the aircraft was airborne it could be trimmed to compensate for this off balanced condition; however, at takeoff it would be unknown how much trim was needed and I am uncertain if it could even safely take off if it were known as the trim would seem to effect the aircraft before it left the ground due to the airflow across the trimmed surface thus forcing the light wing into the ground at takeoff.

Could it be possible that the original story was correct and that they dropped one to be picked up by a third party, and then landed with only 5?

There was a concern over a missing warhead for about 2 days then nothing further was ever mentioned.

[edit on 2/2/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

I think I may have found it.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I've been stationed there, regulations are a such that when I heard about those nukes being on the bomber I laughed. That just doesn't happen, I know loaders, crew chiefs etc, worked there for a few years, you don't just 'accidentally' load nukes.

Well...let me tell you...you are talking to a 'nuke troop' who worked at MAFB from 2002 to 2008. Accidents do indeed occur. Just because you 'know' loaders, crew chiefs, and nuke troops does not mean you know the story. I am so tired of this accident being in quotes that I am so ready to print out my vMPF page to prove to you I was a 2W2 and tell you that this accident as you all put in quotes is possible. No offense but knowing people and knowing the intimate details of their job are two totally different things. What AFSC are you? In my career I have held two AFSC's; 2W2 and 3M0 (yes I enjoy cooking..alot) and have held and still hold my TS. I know alot of cops because I dealt with them on a day-to-day basis. I befriended several. I can name names of people I worked with in the WSA. I have taken personal tours of the Security Control Center and the SF WSA Entry Control Point.

This is all fabulous but it fails on one account...I know all these things but it does not make me an expert on Security Forces and I have seen accidents happen there as well.

Now...I will agree that an accident in my current job and my old job are two different things. Shipping a nuke and not putting my spaghetti on the line in time are in two different ballparks of intensity and severity. Hungry folks versus 'lost' nukes are two majorly different things. From a 2W2 at MAFB..I will say this...accidents do indeed happen.

Feel free to U2U me and I will work on getting you some proof if you choose to not believe who I am.

Now...as for what happened with Minot...accidents do happen. It sucks but it is inevitable. The thing is, peopel doubt MAFB so much now but the amount of good we have done is incredible. Two back-to-back Maintenance Effectiveness Awards for the 5th MUNS Squadron. It has received the Omaha Trophy. I wear two Outstanding Unit Awards from the 5th MUNS. They are a fine squadron with an ugly event in their past.

Now I realize there are two problems here. If I do prove who I am to your satisfaction I see two possible outcomes.

1. I am labeled a disinfo agent

2. I am going to be labeled as some young buck who doesn't know the real story because I wasn't a General or the Senate or some black agency.

This is all despite knowing the people in the WSA and knowing that accidents can actually happen regardless of the career field.

I just get so tired of MAFB beign soiled over this incident. I am not arguing here, what happened was huge but man, can't someone accept that it could be an accident?

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This should answer your question nicely and the reason..........

In the book Red Fog over America, Carr defines Nihilists as the following:

"The executioners used by all conspirators who aspire to control of a world dictatorship. History reveals these assassins are to be found in all classes of society. They try if possible to make the murders they commit look like accidents, suicides, or natural deaths". page VIII

One other definition....from Carr.

Black Book: A book in which the directors of the international conspirators kept a record of the private lives of influencial people together with a detailed report of their characteristics, faults and faillings. The information is used to "Persuade people into doing the bidding of the Conspirators either because of fear of exposure or for the sake of obtaining more luxury and material rewards." page IV

NOTE: this is the real deal of our history and how its controlled, hence, Watergate, The Skull and Bones ritual of confessing deviant sexual practices while lying in a coffin.....FBI, CIA, NSA snooping on Congressmen or whomever........to get them to vote or stop talking about certain issues...........

William G. Carr also wrote, "Pawns in the Game" which can be downloaded explains this nicely.

Cheney warns of new attacks

Former Vice President Dick Cheney warned that there is a “high probability” that terrorists will attempt a catastrophic nuclear or biological attack in coming years, and said he fears the Obama administration’s policies will make it more likely the attempt will succeed.

In an interview Tuesday with Politico, Cheney unyieldingly defended the Bush administration’s support for the Guantanamo Bay prison and coercive interrogation of terrorism suspects.

And he asserted that President Obama will either backtrack on his stated intentions to end those policies or put the country at risk in ways more severe than most Americans — and, he charged, many members of Obama’s own team — understand.

“When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry,” Cheney said.

Protecting the country’s security is “a tough, mean, dirty, nasty business,” he said. “These are evil people. And we’re not going to win this fight by turning the other cheek.”

news.yahoo.com...

the reason for all the predictions and doom prognosticators "as he refers to himself"Is like the boy who cried wolf

www.youtube.com...

hps.org...

Car bomb injures head of Ark. medical board

"Board attorney William Trice, of Little Rock, said he knew of no heated disputes involving Pierce and said Pierce often didn't take part in board votes.

"This is just off the wall," Trice said. "It's just such bizarre circumstances."

news.yahoo.com...

"The end of the past ages is drawing near; the beginning of our New Future looms on the Horizon". T.Gambill

[edit on 4-2-2009 by tgambill]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It being an accident? If this was all that was going on, sure, but knowing the reality of what is going on, there is no way this was an accident. Expecially when they all but admit it by covering their tracks with more BS...

Expert: Israel Will Attack Iran Alone

Friday, December 21, 2007 2:23 PM

By: Newsmax Staff Article Font Size

Israel will launch an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities on its own if the rest of the world does not take action, said Bruce Riedel, a former CIA official and senior adviser to three presidents, including George W. Bush.

Citing talks he had in Israel with officials in Israel’s intelligence and defense establishments, Riedel told Newsweek: “I came back from a trip to Israel in November convinced that Israel would attack Iran.

“Israel is not going to allow its nuclear monopoly to be threatened.”

Ironically, Riedel said the release of the National Intelligence Estimate report, which asserted that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003, made an Israeli attack even more likely, because it could make other nations reluctant to impose stricter sanctions on the Islamic Republic.

“In the international scene, Russia’s decision to renew fuel shipments to Iran’s main nuclear facility at Bushehr was interpreted by many analysts as stemming directly from the NIE’s publication,” the Jerusalem Post reported.

“Another development possibly stemming from the report is Russia and China’s hardened position on further sanctions against Tehran.

Some American experts are skeptical of Israel’s ability to tackle Iran alone. But David Alright of the Institute for Science and International Security in Washington told Newsweek that Israel’s air strike on an alleged Syrian nuclear facility in September could be seen as a test run for a future attack on Iran’s facilities — as well as a warning to Tehran.

© 2007 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

July 13, 2008

President George W Bush backs Israeli plan for strike on Iran
As Tehran tests new missiles, America believes only a show of force can deter President Ahmadinejad

Israel apparently had plans to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities

NOTE: If an article in the International Herald Tribune is correct, it appears that Israel attempted last year to purchase bunker-busting bombs from the US, to use against Iran's suspected nuclear facilities; however, the Bush White House was cool to the idea.

Here is a little from the article:

"President George W. Bush deflected a secret request by Israel last year for specialized bunker-busting bombs it wanted for an attack on Iran's main nuclear complex and told the Israelis that he had authorized new covert action intended to sabotage Iran's suspected effort to develop nuclear weapons, according to senior American and foreign officials.

"White House officials never conclusively determined whether Israel had decided to go ahead with the strike before the United States protested, or whether Prime Minister Ehud Olmert of Israel was trying to goad the White House into more decisive action before Bush left office. But the Bush administration was particularly alarmed by an Israeli request to fly over Iraq to reach Iran's major nuclear complex at Natanz, where the country's only known uranium enrichment plant is located.

"The White House denied that request outright, American officials said, and the Israelis backed off their plans, at least temporarily. But the tense exchanges also prompted the White House to step up intelligence-sharing with Israel and brief Israeli officials on new American efforts to subtly sabotage Iran's nuclear infrastructure, a major covert program that Bush is about to hand off to President-elect Barack Obama."

And here is a link to the entire article:

www.iht.com...

so which is it????

U.S. rejected aid for Israeli raid on Iranian nuclear site

Published: January 11, 2009

WASHINGTON: President George W. Bush deflected a secret request by Israel last year for specialized bunker-busting bombs it wanted for an attack on Iran's main nuclear complex and told the Israelis that he had authorized new covert action intended to sabotage Iran's suspected effort to develop nuclear weapons, according to senior American and foreign officials.

White House officials never conclusively determined whether Israel had decided to go ahead with the strike before the United States protested, or whether Prime Minister Ehud Olmert of Israel was trying to goad the White House into more decisive action before Bush left office. But the Bush administration was particularly alarmed by an Israeli request to fly over Iraq to reach Iran's major nuclear complex at Natanz, where the country's only known uranium enrichment plant is located.

The White House denied that request outright, American officials said, and the Israelis backed off their plans, at least temporarily. But the tense exchanges also prompted the White House to step up intelligence-sharing with Israel and brief Israeli officials on new American efforts to subtly sabotage Iran's nuclear infrastructure, a major covert program that Bush is about to hand off to President-elect Barack Obama.

This account of the expanded American covert program and the Bush administration's efforts to dissuade Israel from an aerial attack on Iran emerged in interviews over the past 15 months with current and former American officials, outside experts, international nuclear inspectors and European and Israeli officials. None would speak on the record because of the great secrecy surrounding the intelligence developed on Iran.

Several details of the covert effort have been omitted from this account, at the request of senior United States intelligence and administration officials, to avoid harming continuing operations.

www.iht.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
9 deaths all together

www.projectcamelot.org...

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join