It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student withdrawn from UK school over CCTV in toilets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Ceredigion Council said it had installed the cameras after incidents of “major concern. A Teenage pupil has been withdrawn from her school after CCTV cameras were installed in the pupils’ toilets.

Mr White said: “The school is being pathetic. They don’t need security cameras in toilets - certainly not in schools.”

It may well be a serious problem but I don't think you can do this stuff. I don't know what it was to call for cameras but obviously criminal.

Spokeswoman Anwen Francis said: “Any such viewing of CCTV footage is undertaken by senior members of staff having Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) clearance

Perhaps security personnel just inside the doorways untill the issue was sorted.

Link

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Good for them, when your school is overrun by perverts and privacy invaders, you should leave.

So it sounds like the Criminal Records Bureau is the new place that perverts will be trying to get a job, if they can't get one in social services.

I don't care if it could only see the sink area, not the actual toilets, once you go through that door into the bathroom, that is a PRIVATE area, and no-one should be able to spy on you.

If there really was some serious problem occuring in this area of the school, they should use same sex teachers to check on it.

We know now that governments are incable of keeping our personal data safe, they leave CD's full of it on trains often.

People get angry enough when their social security/other details get leaked like this, I hope the outrage is even stronger once the first disc full of images of your children in the bathroom goes missing, because it will.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Will not be long till they are putting them in your homes, that way they can make sure that you are safe and doing what the government has deemed
right!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalu
Will not be long till they are putting them in your homes, that way they can make sure that you are safe and doing what the government has deemed
right!

I thought that.
Its all a test you know, keep testing keep pressure on until acceptance

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well I can tell you... if the toilets in my high school had had CCTV cameras in them when i was there.... i might not have had to hold it in so much :p

I doubt theyre aimed at anywhere you can see anything....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawa
Well I can tell you... if the toilets in my high school had had CCTV cameras in them when i was there.... i might not have had to hold it in so much :p

I doubt theyre aimed at anywhere you can see anything....

Maybe but it is recorded personally I think there should be an attendant if its criminal.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't see the problem here

the toilets are being vandalised regularly

so the school puts up cctv that cover the wash basins, to deter vandalism

whats wrong with that?

its a cost saving measure

maybe if the kids werent such little gits they wouldnt need cctv

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
While it makes me uncomfortable to say it, it's actually a good idea.

Maybe if the kids could be trusted this wouldn't be an issue?

I have no doubt that the cameras are fixed position, and that no real invasion of privacy is being carried out. It seems like a good measure to deter and/or catch those responsible for mindless vandalism.

If any case was to go to court, the evidence would be scrutinized. That means that the positions of cameras and what they have captured would also be open to investigation, so it's highly unlikely that they would be used or abused by any staff able to access them.

If parents raised their kids adequately in the UK, this wouldn't be required, unfortunately, they don't on the whole, and such measures are increasingly needed as moral and social standards decline.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
While it sounds like a good idea, and I agree the kids bring it upon themselves, look at it from another perspective.

They are being accustomed to having camera's on them at all times. The next generation is being brainwashed and subdued into taking this as an everyday part of life. If they did this 30 years ago do you think people would accept it?

top topics

join