It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon- Stripped of All National Guard Medevac Black Hawk Helicopters/ Crew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Seems ALL of Oregon's Black Hawk Helicopters and the crew are having to leave the state for a 400 day deployment - first to Oaklahoma then Iraq.

link to article:
www.aero-news.net...

Fleet Leaving For 400-Day Deployment
Called into duty for a 400-day deployment, all 12 of the Oregon National Guard Black Hawk medevac helicopters and 135 pilots, crew chiefs, maintenance and support staff are heading to Oklahoma for training and then on to Iraq.

This isn't the first deployment of the Oregon National Guard's helos and staff to the Mideast, but it is the first time the entire fleet has been called into duty - leaving only four pilots and one borrowed helicopter to cover the state's emergency Guard calls.

"I do not know who will fill the void," said mountain rescuer Michael Leming. "Even in perfect conditions it can take hours and hours to get people off the mountain. The reality is people are going to get seriously hurt, and some are not going to make it."

Who made that - idiotic decision to leave a state without any National Guard Helicopters, which are used for rescues and emergency situations?

The Whole crew - every single on the the helicopters - Why?

Why take them all, why not leave 1 or 2 for the state?

If I lived in Oregon, I would be contacting my govt. officals and demanding answers, on how they have allowed this to occur!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That isnt good news for the locals who like to go wandering in the wilderness.... Lives will be lost.

So is this an emergency deployment to Iraq? If so whats going down there now then? Must be something big....... Or maybe just maybe the NWO have a little plan for Oregon and they want the military out the way

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

I find it interesting, considering, Oregon has been flooding and there have been an increase in earthquakes.

Why would a govt. agency, strip a state of all of it's Nat. Guard helicopters, why would someone make such an idiotic decision like that?

new topics

join