It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How People Will Travel FASTER than light in the Singularity!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Interesting perhaps this is partly what the Stargate is all about.

If the particles are separated and one is to move up or down the other would also move. The up and down motion could be used as a computer language of 1's an 0's to transfer data, therefore making it possible to travel faster than the speed of light.

Problem is you still have to get there first

Link

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Not to be skeptic in this, but, reading through this,

If the mind is stored as information/data inside a computer than it would be possible for humans to travel close to the speed of light. This is because data can travel much faster than matter and furthermore less energy would be required to achieve it. This would enable humans to travel to distant stars as long as there is a computer at the destination, which can grab and decode the data that it receives. The mind would stay dormant and once the information has reached the source the brain can be emulated. The trip would feel only a fraction of a second instead of light-years.

Does this theory expect our brains electrical signals to be encoded in a quantum state, and transmit the information to the destination, if so, it would be a paradox, of how can you mentally exist in another region, if your physical form is on earth(By this I dont mean astral projection, i mean the science).

And what will be the transmission medium? Will it utilize em waves in vaccum or something else. The medium too matters.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

I agree it’s a tricky one but the way I reckoned it was like this.
First option (light speed)
You let a computer thing download your brain and it is sent to another location where there is another you (clone) to have your thoughts downloaded. Now there are two of you in different places. Both of you carry on doing whatever. Eventually clone gets brain downloaded and sent back to you. Where you are updated with memories of another place. As far as I can see you wouldn’t know the difference except for the confusion of doing two sets of things on the same day.

Option two (faster than light)
Again two of you (one clone) connected by a device that uses instantaneous transmission via entangled pair particles.

As it says its way out there.. Good brain stimulation.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We and our clone will be like matter and anti-matter, they will have some effects in the continum. In the first option, I dont see how the brain can process twice the information at a given time, and transmit the corresponding response signals back. Our brain has not evolved for multi-tasking.

Option two is the most risky, if teleporting is involved, then there will be no problems, but seeing multiple copies of same person exist in a dimension, will pose a challenge for the space-time. I meant the present and future.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

We and our clone will be like matter and anti-matter, they will have some effects in the continum. In the first option, I dont see how the brain can process twice the information at a given time, and transmit the corresponding response signals back. Our brain has not evolved for multi-tasking.

I don’t believe so because you are not interfering with matter and antimatter just a clone going about its own business. It’s not until the brain merge (like a database merge) that there will be confusion
I’m not sure of the second one – think I’m confused even now

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo

I don’t believe so because you are not interfering with matter and antimatter just a clone going about its own business.

Ill make it simple for easy understanding. How did you make the clone in the first place?

Edit:By this, I dont mean that we should go in gentic terms, lets assume, that you take some matter from the original person and use some laws related to symmetry, he is in sense a anti-person.

[edit on February 2nd, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
anyone watch the anime ghost in the shell? perfect example of what this is about

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't care how advanced it gets, I'm with Bones on Star Trek... You'll never convince me that disentegrating me into information and then rebuilding me someplace else, is a GOOD idea....

NEVER...NEVER...NEVER...hehe...

Things? Fine...

Food and Drink? Maybe...

Living beings? No way Jose'...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Ill make it simple for easy understanding. How did you make the clone in the first place?

Edit:By this, I dont mean that we should go in gentic terms, lets assume, that you take some matter from the original person and use some laws related to symmetry, he is in sense a anti-person.

If you check my original post you will find I said
"Problem is you still have to get there first ?"

I'll be simpler too
You dont need matter (just like Nelly the lamb) or better still just use another body (any body) and load it with your thoughts.
The real problem is people must go there in the first place to place the machine at the other end (like in stargate)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You should realize that humans in their current biological state will cease to exist by the time we achieve singularity, or else it will be very costly to achieve... After that, whatever sentient conscious beings exist in our place will have a world of opportunities to experiment with their non-bodies. If such beings can store information and perceive the universe around them with the appropriate sensory i/o systems, then that's all that matters. If we learn how to store all the required information to produce a sentient conscious being into a single electron then I don't see the problem of existing in two places at once.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I would absolutely love to have my mind placed in a computer. Think about it, you could do some pretty neat things. You wouldn't just visit ATS you'd be in ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I must admit i wouldnt want to be the test pilot

However i think it will be possible one day.

After all it was on star trek & it seems that bit by bit its all coming true!

top topics

join