It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Nihongo no....Stereo?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This started happening about a week or two ago. I awoke early in the morning, or late at night (not sure what the time was, it was dark though), and looked over at my stereo. On the window where it would normally dispaly things such as "Hello" when you turn it on, and "Good bye" when you turn it off, it had japanese characters, in red, flowing across it! I can't be completely sure if this was one of those half dream, half awake moments, or maybe a hallucination; it then occured a few more times within the following week. I wear contacts, and don't have my glasses on when I sleep so I usually have to concentrate hard to figure out what it's saying (I can read japanese.) It stopped for a little while, but then last night it happened again. I read the first parts, it said (in Japanese) "Hello" then "I am..." I didn't catch what was after the I am. I'm slow at reading japanese, plus I was slightly petrified, thus not really wanting to concentrate on what it was saying. After the "I am" I did manage to catch the first part of the name. I'm not completely sure I'm remembering correctly though, my mind may have switched it around a little since Japanese still doesn't flow naturally to me. Anyway, I think the first part said "yu-" Then there was another 2-letter character in front of that. (For those of you that don't know, most Japanese characters as far as hiragana goes, stand for 2 of our letters. For example there would be a simble for "to" and "ya" and "ni") Well, sorry it's so long, I tend to ramble. Any response would be appreciated.




posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
This started happening about a week or two ago. I awoke early in the morning, or late at night (not sure what the time was, it was dark though), and looked over at my stereo. On the window where it would normally dispaly things such as "Hello" when you turn it on, and "Good bye" when you turn it off, it had japanese characters, in red, flowing across it! I can't be completely sure if this was one of those half dream, half awake moments, or maybe a hallucination; it then occured a few more times within the following week. I wear contacts, and don't have my glasses on when I sleep so I usually have to concentrate hard to figure out what it's saying (I can read japanese.) It stopped for a little while, but then last night it happened again. I read the first parts, it said (in Japanese) "Hello" then "I am..." I didn't catch what was after the I am. I'm slow at reading japanese, plus I was slightly petrified, thus not really wanting to concentrate on what it was saying. After the "I am" I did manage to catch the first part of the name. I'm not completely sure I'm remembering correctly though, my mind may have switched it around a little since Japanese still doesn't flow naturally to me. Anyway, I think the first part said "yu-" Then there was another 2-letter character in front of that. (For those of you that don't know, most Japanese characters as far as hiragana goes, stand for 2 of our letters. For example there would be a simble for "to" and "ya" and "ni") Well, sorry it's so long, I tend to ramble. Any response would be appreciated.


Where was your stereo made?



posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, i don't think it's a japanese model. Then again, most things are made in Japan or China. But I don't think this stuff is meant to be here. I mean it's a different color, and not even roman characters.



posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Well, i don't think it's a japanese model. Then again, most things are made in Japan or China. But I don't think this stuff is meant to be here. I mean it's a different color, and not even roman characters.


How easy is it to confuse blurry roman characters for Japanese ones, when you've just barely woken up? As much as it would be fun to think that your stereo is trying to communicate with you, in Japanese, other possibilities should be considered also!

Check out the stereo up close, is it a Liquid-Crystal Display (LCD) like on a calculator, only brighter? Because on such a display, if you look at a certain angle, you can see the "imprints" on which the letters will be displayed, and you can see all the possible kinds of characters that can be displayed in any one spot, if you know what I mean.

As opposed to a computer monitor, that has tiny pixels everywhere, and any sort of graphic can be created on them. On a calculator you'd have specific preset "imprints" and you can see them by looking at the screen at an angle and at bright light. Is your stereo the same way? If true, then it would be impossible for any non-roman characters to display unless you alter those "imprints" so to speak - and that is a physical alteration in hardware, not software!

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by lilblam]



posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Grrrr, my reply didn't post. Anyway, I'm sure that I haven't just mistaken Roman characters with Japanese ones. That's very hard to do (with a few exceptions) And I'm sure it's not a stereo malfunction, or a weird angle. Even with my glasses off, squiting I can read them pretty clearly. Usually this stereo shouldn't be able to show characters like this. A lady I was talking to said it may be (hate to sound like an idiot) a "guardian" of some sort. Then again, I do talk to Japanese people online, in japanese. Maybe it's just imprinted in my head or something.



posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Grrrr, my reply didn't post. Anyway, I'm sure that I haven't just mistaken Roman characters with Japanese ones. That's very hard to do (with a few exceptions) And I'm sure it's not a stereo malfunction, or a weird angle. Even with my glasses off, squiting I can read them pretty clearly. Usually this stereo shouldn't be able to show characters like this. A lady I was talking to said it may be (hate to sound like an idiot) a "guardian" of some sort. Then again, I do talk to Japanese people online, in japanese. Maybe it's just imprinted in my head or something.


A guardian? What would you need one of those for? Guard you from what? Your own mistakes?


Lady has some wishful-thinking going on there...



posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
haha, well it's just what she said
Just wanted to know if anyone had anything interesting or similar experiences of things trying to contact them through...anything other than physical comings or dreams. (Sorry for the..word use, I'm really tired.)



posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
perhaps you've subliminally bound a spirit to your stereo?



posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Set up a video camera, it won't waste tape if you buy a new tape becuase you can just record over your CD tape.
Also, mabe it's something on your CD? like if you play metallica backwords at half speed it says worship satan or something, mabe the band put a hidden track on the Cd in Japanese? just a thought
.



posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks
. I had my video camera on hand last night (happened again lol) but I dunno...I'm never able to bring myself to reach over and grab it. I think it may just be like...hallucinations cause I always feel kinda dizzy like a trans.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join