It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graffiti girl jailed for first offence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Then post us the link to that tv station's website so we can get more info instead of just telling us you saw it on tv.

Did you read the part where I am on 56K modem? Did you read the part where I mentioned that I saw it on Channel 10 news in Melbourne?

I've been on the Channel 10 website and it can be slow for me to load. Google it and see what you find.

See you in the morning, RFBurns. It's been fun.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Her rights are not being totally set aside. Put that bent card back into the deck because that wont work in this game.

She has the right to appeal, and according to you and the report, she is in March. She has the right to be out on bail while awaiting the appeal. And if she excersises her rights, then she wont see 1 single day in jail at all.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Please, I despise the bible

don't quote it then

but I won't go there in this thread.

don't quote it then

They sayings do have some merit though, especially in this case.

so the bible is "sort of ok" then- they have no relevance to a judicial system otherwise nonces should walk free because we are all "guilty" of some sin or other

Yeah, the real world, where an 18 year old female is put in jail for three months for writing her name on a wall.

arrogant woman got caught and convicted

You sure that we're discussing the same, real world here?

Some people can't see that not fighting for her rights means that all of our rights get flushed down the dunny as well.

Im not fighting for the rights of some woman who thinks she can write on a wall and break laws, she got convicted, big deal

[edit on 2-2-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Didnt know that you cant find your local tv station's website right there in Melbourne dispite your on a 56k. But no worries I will find it mate.

Nite!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Her rights are not being totally set aside. Put that bent card back into the deck because that wont work in this game.

She also has the right to a fair court case and to receive a fair decision for her FIRST offence.

She got neither.

She was shafted every way that you can possibly think of.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

She also has the right to a fair court case and to receive a fair decision for her FIRST offence.

She got neither.

If she did not receive a "fair court case" she could appeal.

I have never written on a cafe wall, she shafted herself to begin with- honestly, criminal receives 3 months sentence is an actual headline, have we lost our moral compass to such a degree?

Move on nothing to see here

link   

She got neither.

So your telling us that the judicial system in Austrailia does not allow for pre-trial whre she can say "not guilty" and then move to jury selection, or does not allow for the right to a defense attourney to demand a full jury trial, and that right off the bat she went from being arrested, hauled in to the station, and then immediately judged guilty without a trial?

I doubt that is how it goes in courts there in Au.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by RFBurns]

link   
What does this shows ?
It shows that "our cities" are not "our cities", and there is no "We". "We" are a bunch of locusts, all together but each on his own. Caught in the system, and trying to adapt to it, instead of ignoring it.

It's like that question : you are 10 in a boat and one need to be thrown out or the boat sinks. Then there is a presentation of who is in the boat .Who do you throw out, then ? 90% will chose someone to throw out. Very few will think about another solution.

www.ascentofhumanity.com...

As that word mine indicates, ownership implies an attachment of things to self. The more we own, the more we are. The constellation of me and mine grows. But no matter how large the discrete and separate self grows, it is still far smaller than the self of the hunter-gatherer. The pre-separation mind is able to affirm, all at once and without contradiction, "I am this body," "I am this tribe," "I am the jungle," "I am the world." No matter how much of the jungle we control, we are smaller than the one who knows, "I am the jungle." No matter how dominant we are socially, we are far less than one who knows, "I am my tribe." And far less secure, too, because all of these appendages to our tiny separate selves may be easily sundered from us. We are therefore perpetually and irremediably insecure. We go to great lengths to protect all these accessories of identity, our possessions and money and reputations, and when our house is burglarized, our wallet stolen, or our reputation besmirched, we feel as if our very selves have been violated.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Kryties, I bet that if she had have thrown a McD's pickle over her name tag, then someone would have considered it an art piece and she probably could have sold the conceptual design for millions. More real world reasoning, huh?

Yep, I bet she would become the next Pro Hart

You could also say life imitates art.

No pun intended.

[edit on 2/2/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The sentence is wholly inappropriate..... Community service and a fine would be perfect......

IMO Judge = Criminals and paedophile protectors! Hang them at dawn i say!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
its `making an example` - yoof do not think the law applies to them - now they KNOW it does

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hope she gets up again. Maybe this time it will be a police station, or a courthouse....or maybe even Airforce one.

Come with the hate replies. She's an 18 year old girl that has now been introduced to the system. She may now have contempt for the justice system, and now the "real criminals" have possibly influenced her while she was in jail.

If I caught a kid, especially an 18 year old girl tagging the side of my business that I own ( and yes I do own a company ), I wouldn't call the cops. I would stand outside with them while they painted over it or cleaned it up.

But that's just me. I have no respect for anyone that says that justice was served by her going to jail for 3 months for graffitti. The MSM must agree, or else it wouldn't have made the news.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
An 18 year old girl with no prior offences was jailed today for murder, i assume you would find that acceptable?
If so then why cant you find it acceptable that she was jailed for vandalising a person's place of business, if you knowingly break the law then you should get punished.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Europe

You cant compare graffitti to murder, that's just ridiculous.

Come on man, are you serious?

[edit on 2-2-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

that video is what is known as a viral video, totally faked to further the man's business, he rented a plane, painted half of it in Air force one colours and then went to town on it himself, he owns a clothes shop or something.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Im compareing breaking the law to breaking the law! what dont you understand?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Europe

Yea, I know that. Marc Echo did that. I was trying to make a point.

heres a site to real graffitti artists. Artcrimes

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Some of the replies here are somewhat ridiculous. Punishing someone for a crime is all well and good, but the -punishment has to fit the crime-. Every crime has its own unique context, which is why they're looked at individually rather than there being a blanket punishment - i.e, all shoplifters getting exactly 2 years jail, or all murderers getting 8.

And the context of this crime? Texta on a wall. Sure, it's a crime - defacing private property. But three months jail is also ridiculous when in the past an issue like this would be resolved simply by asking for an apology, for the girl to clean the wall, and maybe some community service to boot. But to actually put it on her record and have her go to jail? At 18, she may be legally an adult, but those 3 months could lead to a psychological effect and for all we know, have the -reverse- intended affect on her, and have her screwing up the next few months of her life being self-destructive in a downward spiral.

Jail is not the answer, -for this particular crime-.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
An 18 year old girl with no prior offences was jailed today for murder, i assume you would find that acceptable?
If so then why cant you find it acceptable that she was jailed for vandalising a person's place of business, if you knowingly break the law then you should get punished.

I suppose this guy who was jailed for having a "brown" lawn in the USA deserved it to? Damn criminals.......

www.theagitator.com...

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you people? Your views of justice are akin to that of cavemen

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Master Shen long]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Europe

No, your comparing it to murder.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join