It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graffiti girl jailed for first offence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
I once bought my wife a brand new car...

Ah-huh. So you're moving away from the original article now and going off topic?

This news article is about 18 year-old Cheyene Back, with no prior convictions, writing her name on a cafe wall. It's got nothing to do with your car. Different circumstances, so try and stay on topic, ok? If the people who tagged your car were caught, then maybe you could find out why they did it and if they had priors, etc.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Come off it. Getting sent to prison for writing your name on a wall?!?!
I cannot believe there are people posting that the judge did the right thing.

A Fine & an apology would have been completely appropriate IMO

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by The Bald Champion

You and the others think this gal is going to some maximum security pen. She will go to a county or city jail and be in the women's section in low security, enjoy watching tv and talking to the other inmates, eating 3 hot meals and sleeping in a nice 6x10 cell for 1 month max, less is most likely. And then be out and get to explain to all the world why an 18 yr old would do something so childish and write on a wall.

The problem here is that you people are overbloating the sentance, thinking she will be in some 24/7 lockdown situation like major offenders are. And as I have said about 5 times now, that everyone seems to convieniently ignore, she will most likely spend a week to 3 weeks at most, be out on probation and get to go home and proceed with her new realization of how the adult world is.

I suggest to you people to let her grow up and stop trying to hold her hand like she needs to be guided like a little kid.

Nuff of this nonsense, off to read more productive threads. I leave you all to your utopia innocence pretend world.

Cheers!!!!

No one wants to hold her hand, thats in your own head.

I was saying LA county jail - here - is messed up. I now understand she will not be going to get get broom raped.

I am not saying she should not be in jail, thats the law mcgraw!

I am arguing the point and impact of the punishment itself.

I think it is a stupid thing for a first time offender in light of the crime and other possible
sentences.

The utopia is the cardboard skull idea that locking someone up is the best option in leu
of CONSIDERING everything.

The utopian concept is that prison brings on reform,

The utopia is your ala, SHERRIF JOHN BURNELL posts.

"GUESS THE SHOWED THAT CRIMINAL,,, MESSING WITH THE LAW IS PLAYING WITH FIRE!" pan away shot of ragging fire consuming a vehicle carcass

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Just trying to prove my point if you don't like my post ( that was relevant because of the grfitti) use your iggy button or alert, any how I won't give you another point argunig aginst your trollish responces. bye

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
I won't give you another point argunig aginst your trollish responces. bye

No worries. Your contribution to the thread has been most welcome.

You've shown that you will persecute an 18 year-old for making an error of judgement. The girl was crying when the sentence was handed down, she's shattered, yet you'll kick the boots in and let her spend three months in jail.

I guess there's always more sides to a story than common sense would suggest there should be.

Some people can't see the writing on the wall, it's a bleak future if this trend gets worse.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Amen

AT least this isn't 1500's

Imagine if she suffered from gas - these folks would quarter her for the satanic odor alone.

Removed quote of post above

[edit on 2/2/09 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
About 2 minutes ago on the late Channel 10 news, they just had this news story.

She was caught on hidden camera writing her name tag on an exterior wall.

The wall, as mentioned by BorgHoffen, already has other minor bits of graffitti over it.

Seriously, you should see the images if you can. I can't find any yet on the internet, they won't be far away if someone can manage a search.

This is a complete miscarriage of justice and a disgraceful decision. She's appealing her sentence in March.

Hopefully, she can sue the judge and petition for his retirement from his 'important' position, for which he has shown that he does not have the required mental capacity to perform competently.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It sickens me to see the lack of compassion some of you people have. This is NOT a repeat offender, this is NOT a violent crime, this is a FIRST TIME MISTAKE. Give the darn kid a break - she got caught, she should have to pay the fine and clean it up. If she happened to do it again, fine, throw the book at her, but since when do people get jail time for first offenses? Most people learn just from the fact that they got caught.

I've seen a month in jail RUIN peoples lives. Some don't come out the same as when they went in, and are only worse. Jail is for violent offenders. Probation + fines + community service is for the others.

So now she goes to jail, loses her job, possibly has to drop out of school, and comes out of jail messed up in the head. Thanks for breeding another criminal out of something so trivial.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
AMEN

You said it

Removed quote of post above.

Please read Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

-and-

Warnings for one-line or short responses

[edit on 2/2/09 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Then, try and wrap your head around a girl being sent to jail for writing a piece of graffitti on a wall.

is she a "girl" or a "woman"- if she went for an abortion would they call her a "girl" or a "woman"?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Take a look at her picture and you tell me? It's in the news article.

Her actions might suggest that she's still a little immature for an 18 year-old. The teenage years are the transitional years from a girl to a woman but it doesn't always finish at 18.

Woman, girl, it still doesn't take away from the injustice and callous sentence given to her by an out-of-touch judge who should be fired for incompetence. Passing a law degree at University does not equate to having wisdom, intelligence or common sense, as proven here.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Its obvious they all think this 18 yr old is still a teen comparable to being 13 and should be just slapped on the wrist.

This might be the young lady's first offense, but would it be the last given just a slap on the hand and pat on the butt??

Statistics say otherwise folks.

This gal wont spend anywhere near the 3 months given. Most likely 3 months is the maximum allowed by law sentance. The report could be just telling us the worst case scenario and you all are jumping through the article hoops just like puppets performing for its master.

So the young lady will appeal in March, by that time, if she goes in now to begin serving her sentance, she can be out in 2 weeks or less and go on probation and go clean up her mess.

Or she can sit there and wait out till March and then appeal and by that time her sentance will be 1/3 served.

How about you all research this young lady's past, see if there ever was any juvinile record first before saying here there be missy innocent angel. How about looking up the number of cases that court system has seen involving young adults and how many return, and perhaps then with all that information besides just assumption from one freaking news report, you all might have a different prospective on why that judge threw the maximum at her. How do we know what her behavior was in the court room? Was she calm, pollite and responsive in the proper manner or acting like a spoiled brat? Was her demeanor correct or out of line?

There is none of that information..is there.

So until the FULL and complete story is known, I wouldnt be so quick to say the world's newest 18 year old young adult graffiti artist is as innocent and sweet as you all think she is.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Take a look at her picture and you tell me? It's in the news article.

Her actions might suggest that she's still a little immature for an 18 year-old. The teenage years are the transitional years from a girl to a woman but it doesn't always finish at 18.

Woman, girl, it still doesn't take away from the injustice and callous sentence given to her by an out-of-touch judge who should be fired for incompetence. Passing a law degree at University does not equate to having wisdom, intelligence or common sense, as proven here.

if someone tried to argue against her having an abortion because she is a "girl" no doubt it would produce hysterics from some quarters.

One thing is for sure, she probably won't do this again

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There are some people in this thread that need to get off their asses, step outside into the real world and stop sitting in front of your computer being the Judge and Jury of people you know little to nothing about.

This girl has NO PRIOR CONVICTIONS and was caught writing her name on a wall. SO BLOODY WHAT! How is this deserving of a 3 month sentence? I don't care what you armchair/basement Judges think, you obviously are completely clueless.

I really do not care if you flame me. I won't be reading replies and Tezza is doing a pretty good job at replying to you lot anyways.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
hmm, I'm reminded of a case where teenage boys who raped a girl and got away with it.

uk.youtube.com...

Here's a video, and some links.

www.news.com.au...

www.news.com.au...

Now, I'm not trying to derail this thread or anything, but I just have to say that Austrailia's justice system is a little warped.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

good post

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
How do we know what her behavior was in the court room? Was she calm, pollite and responsive in the proper manner or acting like a spoiled brat? Was her demeanor correct or out of line?

RFBurns, you were supposed to have left the thread? Anyway, welcome back.

You showed that you didn't read the article when you claimed that she used spray paint instead of a texta.

Now you're showing that you didn't read the article when it states that she was in tears as the verdict was being read out.

I've tried searching for the picture of her graffitti online, can't find it. Hopefully, there might be something on YouTube soon. Then, you might realise the hypocrisy of what's happened to this girl and the disproportionate sentence that the 'judge' gave her.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
There are some people in this thread that need to get off their asses, step outside into the real world and stop sitting in front of your computer being the Judge and Jury of people you know little to nothing about.

This girl has NO PRIOR CONVICTIONS and was caught writing her name on a wall. SO BLOODY WHAT! How is this deserving of a 3 month sentence? I don't care what you armchair/basement Judges think, you obviously are completely clueless.

I really do not care if you flame me. I won't be reading replies and Tezza is doing a pretty good job at replying to you lot anyways.

You are doing your own armchair judging, if you dont like opinions stay off an opinion based forum.

She broke the law received a sentence for which she probably wont even serve much time- lets hope she mends her ways eh

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I've tried searching for the picture of her graffitti online, can't find it. Hopefully, there might be something on YouTube soon. Then, you might realise the hypocrisy of what's happened to this girl and the disproportionate sentence that the 'judge' gave her.

Yes it was disproportionate. But unfortunately, this is a glimpse of the future.
The Judge's ruling has set a precedent.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You showed that you didn't read the article when you claimed that she used spray paint instead of a texta.

Fact is tezzajw, I DID read the article. Are you trying to dictate what people do and what they dont behind a computer screen across the internet? I didnt claim anything, I merely said spary paint. Big friggin deal. Doesnt negate the fact this young lady wrote on a privately owned wall.

Now you're showing that you didn't read the article when it states that she was in tears as the verdict was being read out.

Ive seen women murderers cry over a sentance given, so what that she cried over her sentance. Doesnt mean anything, doesnt clarify what her behavior was during the case, and doesnt tell us jack squat about her juvi record..if any.

You think Im going to accept a youtube video as credible proof to anything regarding this young lady's past or what took place during the trial?

Man you people really need to find another source for informaiton. Your too youtubed to death. How about finding a TV stations website there in Sydney and see if they have a video of the case. That would be FAR more credible than any youbloobe video.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by RFBurns]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join