It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Million "Snuggies" sold... I have officially lost faith in humanity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Just heard on the Bob & Tom Show the other morning a discussion on the Slanket.

It's just like a Snuggie, but bigger.

*weeps quietly*

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think you might find that Snuggie Pub Crawl has a lot to do with the increase in sales, although they are doing it purely because it's ridiculous...

[edit on 2/20/2009 by Genus_Unknown]

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just got one of these for Christmas. Asked for a blanket and got a Snuggie. I hated these things every time I saw them in the store. Now that I have one though, I kinda like it. Useful for me in my wheelchair, when I do my work on the computer. I tend to get tangled up in regular robes. Yes the Snuggie looks a little silly, but it keeps me warm. I just wish I had thought of it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I honestly hadn't a clue what this "snuggie" was until I saw this thread a moment ago.

So glad I stopped watching the tele years ago...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
corporate wins again!

Remember the bracelet that does nothing? They are selling a $0.03 ring of plastic for $20. Its a natural remedy! yay!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks it looks like what a Draco would wear?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
haters can hate but I love my snuggie.
second line

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hanging head with shame here. I got one for my dog......a mini doxie who gets a cold belly. The look on his face was priceless. He kind of seized up and wouldn't move. I threw it ( and my $10) away.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Please tell me you took pictures!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenophiles
Why carp about the Snuggie when ShamWow, the glorified rag, is selling like hotcakes? This with a spokesman (the inimitable Vince) who looks like something that crawled up out of a bad horror movie. I still can't believe that everyone who saw those freakish commercials didn't just laugh and switch the channel, rather than buy the stupid things at $19.95 a pop.

The bad thing is that car guys have been using the same thing for years. You can get them at Advanced Auto and Wal Mart's automotive section. My grand-pa use to make me dry his truck with one when I was a teen. That was probably fifteen years ago.

Now everybody thinks that these are some new wonder device.

Anything can be sold if you put it in people's face enough times. I bought the first album by that band "The Darkness." I worked in a store that played the video 16 times in every 8 hour shift. Eventually I bought the album. That is when I realized the power of repetitive marketing.
edit on 27-12-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Most people are correct we are jealous of said profound sales of the snuggie, and none as much as I who would prance around my house in my backwards robe, yes I am the original inventor of the snuggie, I always wore my robe backwards up north, as I am always very cold and if it's less than 60 outside I am shivering. And in the winter it was well below 60 in philly and we had a very old drafty house. Now my neighbor had come over once and seen me in my ridiculous get up and even remarked on it. If my neighbor is the inventor I am seeking punitive damages and copywrite infringement against him!

edit on 27-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: ?#$^# spelling

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join