It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Million "Snuggies" sold... I have officially lost faith in humanity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Dear god, are these people real ?
Why on earth would anyone want to sit in the house looking like Bishop Desmond Tutu ?

4 Million ? Is there no hope for humanity ?

4 million sheople actually went out and parted with money for a glorified hospital gown in a recession ?

Who in the hell is behind these things, healthcare companies? Will people start buying gurneys that look uncannily like comfy sofas next ?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
People waste their money on crap like this all the time. People will always waste their money on this stuff. I think most of the posters are that are mad about this, aren't bothered about the product itself so much, or even the the people that were gullible enough to buy it, but are jealous of the ones who put this out there and have gotten a good profit on it. Think about it, they took a robe, put it on backwards and marketed it as a blanket with sleeves. People would buy the clothes that are already wearing.

The get rich quick ones are so funny and people will buy into them. All you got to do is write a book filled with basic economics and theories in it and market it on an infomercial for 39.95 plus tax and shipping and you have just made an easy million. Maybe I should actually do this. I shall invent non disposable toliet paper, all you have to do is wash it and it comes back soft every time! I really do wish people would be aware of what they do and be content with what they have and get what they need instead of being sold what they've been convinced that they need. I'm all for splurging on yourself, but this junk isn't that, it's just stupidity.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DroolsAlot

LMAO!! I think that sums it up quite nicely.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What a world.

Check this related site with accompanying videos out.

Snuggies And ShamWows Beseige Nation's Cheap Airwaves

The economy is 'sploding so that means it's infomercial mating season. Prices for airtime are dropping as bigger advertisers pull their spots, so the Billy Mays of the world are now getting slots during 30 Rock commercial breaks. At the same time, more people are watching TV because they don't have money to go out and it helps anesthetize them to the pain of reality. Thus, the rise of the ShamWow and the Snuggie, a super slurping sponge cloth, and a blanket with arms, respectively. Let's take a closer look.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by g raj
Every day i believe that "Idiocracy" is coming sooner than we think(partially upon us as a matter of fact).

I second that motion, sadly.

Idiocracy, while being a really stupid movie, had a point that can't be ignored especially with the education system so lenient to slackers nowadays.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The thing that makes me dislike this product is, if you have ever seen M. Night Shymalons move the Village, isnt that what the monsters in it wore, Snuggies? Its creepy and almost cult like. I noticed in the Inauguration there were a few snuggie wearers in the crowd.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So all it took for you to lose faith in humanity is that they bought a snuggie..
. So forget the fact that people would kill another for a few dollars. Buy a snuggie and let down your fellow human being....

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You mean that there is hope for my concept of the cylindrical jigsaw puzzle that fits on a handy dandy rotating base giving people a 360 panoramic view of something? Cool!!

(Yes, my concept exists for that)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What the heck???!!!!

Isn't that something they wrap you in when you die?

And why do all the people in the advert look like extras from Eyes Wide Shut?

And while I'm here, I too think it is a conspiracy - there I am, all tucked-up and snug in my Snuggie, when FEMA agents kick in the door. As I reach for my 12 gauge, I catch the sleeve on my extensive back collection of American Survival Guide. Next thing you know, I'm sharing a black coffin with David Ike and that little man from those loathsome Austin Powers films. All because I wanted to be comfy and warm while I watch Local Access.

Hey, how much where they again?

[edit on 2/2/2009 by mithrawept]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well okay it is basically a backwards robe (with a fitted neckline).

But many of these purchases may have been GIFTS.

Grandma? Great Aunt Gertrude? They just MIGHT use a snuggie. Even if they don't use it they probably don't already have one. If you have to buy them something for Xmas, birthday, etc... it might seem like a good idea.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
dang, snug.ah ouch!
Pardon me, I was running to catch the pot of water that was boiling over.
Tripped on me snuggie on the way to the stove, and of course my dangling sleeve caught fire, so I had to pour water on that.
Now, I've got a mess..Sham-wow anyone?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
are you saying I shouldn't have bought that 400,000 dollar market share in Snuggies
I wanted to be on the wave of the new monetary standard

I thought we were moving our monetary unit from the dollar to the Snuggie

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I've got a better idea than splashing out on a Snuggie... Get a really fat girlfriend
It's better all round cos odd's on she will know how to cook as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That one old guy sitting in the rocking chair looks like the leader of some kind of cult. And does anyone sit and play Backgammon anymore? 4,000,000 of these? Really? No wonder the economy's in the #ter.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Moocowman, your post has my sides aching wih laughter!

The peeps in the commercial look like they belong to some crazy cult. Can you imagine meeting friends at an outdoor event and one (or all) of them show up in snuggies? That would be a good gag to pull!

edit spelling

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Miss Sile]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by itinerantseeker

I shall invent non disposable toliet paper, all you have to do is wash it and it comes back soft every time!

^sign me up I'll buy that!

I want a red Snuggie because I like the idea of dressing like an Officer of the Spanish Inquisition while sitting on my couch reading my conspiracy literature

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This remind anyone else of Billy Connoly's mail-order 'Giant Slipper'?
Second line

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
I want a red Snuggie because I like the idea of dressing like an Officer of the Spanish Inquisition while sitting on my couch reading my conspiracy literature

Torquemada would have been quite pleased by this "invention" no doubt. Those dungeons were damp and drafty. And no worries about his blankie slipping and sliding as he reached for glowing hot tongs or ratcheted the boot another notch!

I'm personally waiting for the Super Snuggie... the one that comes with straps that pull it closed in the back and tie in the front. Then I'm totally down with it.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
SNUGGIES FIXED MY COMPUTER!!!

As some of you know I have had problems with my speakers for a couple of weeks now, and yet just now as I clicked on one of the SNUGGIES UTUBE links, PRESTO! The sound came back on!

I kid you not!

It"S A MIRACLE!

Thank You SNUGGIE!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join