It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Million "Snuggies" sold... I have officially lost faith in humanity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
www.cnn.com.../video/living/2009/01/30/carroll.snuggie.cnn

Per CNN, 4,000,000 snuggies have been sold. Who in their right mind would wear one of these? Am I that out of touch with society or are people really that Susceptible to advertising?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
LOL!

When I first saw that, I busted up laughing.

Wear a sweatshirt? And slippers? And sweats?

Oh, what's that one thing called again, uhhh the gas company? and yeah what's the other thing, oh yeah, the HEATER?

LMAO!

That product is an epic fail. They're going to end up going wal-mart with it. I give it 3 months before they're in stock with a diff name. And better yet, cancer causing chemicals in the snuggies so everyone can have a grand old time.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
When i first saw that commercial, i thought it was a farce. I was waiting for the punchline, then the commercial ended, and i realized the joke was on the consumers. It seems a flashy commercial will sell anything these days. The part that shows the family at a sporting event is laughable. I can only imagine the embarrassment of playing little league while the fam is wrapped up in these glorified mu-mus. When will the ones with nascar logos, or professional sports teams logos come out? Every day i believe that "Idiocracy" is coming sooner than we think(partially upon us as a matter of fact).

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Hey whats a snuggie? I might need one! I clicked on the link and got "Civilians caught in fighting" and I cant imagine four million people buying that. The people in the video did NOT look happy.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
That is pretty sad... here is an idea stop being a blind consumer and grab the blanket thats sitting in the closet lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Wow....

Every time I see this commercial, I have no choice but to mock it.
But... 4 million of them sold?! Seriously?

Whyyyyy!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Didn't anyone notice the old granny actually knitting. (a blanket perhaps)? And also if 4 million of these are out there that means on cold days society basically resembles a cult to the onlooker. Remember that old simpsons ep? Dananananannanananan... Batman!-I mean Leader!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yeah, but look at what it says....

Blankets are OK but they can slip and slide, plus your hands are trapped inside.

WOW! So true! How have I managed to live to the ripe old age of forty f......well as long as I have, without such a great and essential aid to warmth?

Sign me up for half a dozen right now.

...and the name is so cute and fluffy too...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I just had a great idea before I head out.

I'm going to get the good old Arnold Schwarzenegger soundboard, and speak phone them, and top it off with a duke nukem soundboard.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
These are not new, just newly marketed and in time for the financial crunch. The fact that 4 million were sold is nothing to be alarmed over there aere several other brands of these same blankets that sold as well. Some examples are the 'slanket" and the toasty wrap

[edit on 2-2-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Ellen Degeneres bumped the "Snuggie" (ugh, the word alone is so awful) on her show last month; I'm holding her accountable.

I think a good portion of the 4 million buyers bought it on a lark, as a sort of gag gift to the self. It has amassed a certain level of recent pop culture relevance, as many "Is this for real?" products do in America. I'm just curious about the creator(s) of this product. I wonder if it was a serious endeavor or if they realized the comedic qualities from the start. If it's the former, this might be terrifically humiliating.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
www.cnn.com.../video/living/2009/01/30/carroll.snuggie.cnn

Per CNN, 4,000,000 snuggies have been sold. Who in their right mind would wear one of these? Am I that out of touch with society or are people really that Susceptible to advertising?

Why do you think the largest part of any businesses budget goes into advertising?

Yes we are that gullible. Yes we are that malleable and yes we are that brainwashed.

Still wonder how we got into the mess we are in and why we will sit in front of that brain melt device even when the water is up to our noses?

See whay I wrote the post "You can not escape and they will always win".

I don't mean to sound bleak or drive anyone to hopelessness but we have to wake up now.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'll save you guys some money. Go to your closet, grab your robe and wear it backwards.

$$$

[edit on 2/2/2009 by leisuredrummer]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Why carp about the Snuggie when ShamWow, the glorified rag, is selling like hotcakes? This with a spokesman (the inimitable Vince) who looks like something that crawled up out of a bad horror movie. I still can't believe that everyone who saw those freakish commercials didn't just laugh and switch the channel, rather than buy the stupid things at $19.95 a pop.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
that's definitely a conspiracy. who do they have to prove the 4 million number to? I'm sure they sold like 50 of them and just wrote 4 million on the commercial. It's a blatant lie if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenophiles
Why carp about the Snuggie when ShamWow, the glorified rag, is selling like hotcakes? This with a spokesman (the inimitable Vince) who looks like something that crawled up out of a bad horror movie. I still can't believe that everyone who saw those freakish commercials didn't just laugh and switch the channel, rather than buy the stupid things at $19.95 a pop.

Check that guy's history, mate. He got slammed by Scientology. S'matter of fact he using his pay from the commercial and relevant dividends from the sale to fund his work against Scientology. Vince is pretty cool.

And, actually the shamwow is pretty good if you're on a swim team, it's comparable to similar, more expensive products but cheaper.

As for the snuggie... saw it in a Walgreens the other day. Thing looks ridiculous, but, I can say with certainty my mom would think it's amazing.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I mean the shamwow actually looks pretty awesome (though I'd never buy any of that useless trash myself) but the SNUGGIE? That's just pure brainwashing if the figures are anywhere near 4 million in reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is the snuggie commercial.

It pains me to post that, since it will probably contribute to more sales.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Ow my eyes!!
Post.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
...monks have known the secret of snuggle since time immemorial...

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join