It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanoes Erupt in Japan and Russia, Spreading Ash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Volcanoes Erupt in Japan and Russia, Spreading Ash

www.bloomberg.com

Feb. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Two volcanoes in Japan and another in eastern Russia erupted overnight, spreading ash as far as the Philippines and Vietnam, the Japan Meteorological Agency said on its Web site.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
As we wait for an eruption in Alaska (Mt Redoubt) on the other side of the world volcanoes ar going off. Japan's Mount Sakurajima erupting 7 times, so far no damage or injuries. I just find it fascinating to see this much activity, volcanic and earthquake, around the world recently, more and more it seems as though it is all leading up to a major event, or just venting to keep from doing just that.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This actually intrigues me, thinking about the fact how the volcanos remain dormant for some time, and then erupt in a sequence.

I just wonder what is the mechanism involved?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It is crazy how much volcanic activity there has been recently. At least Yellowstone hasn't popped yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

here's a webcam looking at Mount Sakurajima on Japan’s southern island of Kyushu....

Mount Sakurajima on Japan’s southern island of Kyushu

Not much to see but interesting non the less

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I am watching with interest too. There has been a lot of activity of late.

Lets just hope one of the big guys doesnt blow. That would be the icing on the cake. Economic collapse, dwindling natural resources, and a supervolcano eruption.

All we would be missing then is the hostile alien invasion.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

All we would be missing then is the hostile alien invasion.

Maybe that is what they are waiting for???

You are correct though, these certainly are "interesting times" that we are living in.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

I am pretty sure the mechanism involved has something to do with lack of sacrificial virgins.

You didnt see all this activity back in the good old days when they flung virgins in to appease the Gods, now did you?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I haven't done my research on it, but I don't remember any other time in my life that so many were going off at once. Crazy, maybe we do need to think about throwing in a virgin or two (:lol

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
whats causing this??? its called galactic alignment AND the 12th planet that is inbound right now...

lets wait and see whos right!?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I notice that on the official site that it doesn't even mention the Japanese or Russian Volcanoes as having been on the active or new activity lists. That is odd. www.volcano.si.edu...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Somebosy knows something. The people in the highest postitions of the govt have to know whats going on right now, and they arent telling us.
I am in no way paranoid, or one of those "the govtis after me" kinda guys, but I do believe that they know something, at least they know more than we do. All of this, along with all the ufo sightings, all of the wars, and tensions between countries, all the political hate, and even race hate,along with religious wars, things sure are looking real good for our future.
Sometimes I wish the human race was a little more dumb, cause if we were, we wouldnt be getting sick ideas in our heads the ways that we do.
When I see a volcano erupt, it just reminds me that earth is just relieving some tension, kind of like how we do after a long dry spell(haha)=X .
Anyways, I think someone should sacrafice themselves in volcano.
*I would, but I have a bum knee, I cant make it up the mountain.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well given the fact that those two are blowing their top right now and redoubt about to go, i'm gonna be watching this link

etna

Given the recent quake activity in the area it wouldn't surprise me if Etna and Stromboli are gonna act up aswell.....

Peace....

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Cool Link, thanks for that! There seems to be live cams for many of the worlds volcanoes, I think it is all the ones that are the most dangerous though!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
oh man

Things get serious!
thanks for the good find

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
What will happen if the island of Honshu splits into two pieces?

That thought creeps me out.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

What a thought! Truth is though these continents have split and split again in the past, just because we are here now doesn't mean it can't happen again.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Crazy, maybe we do need to think about throwing in a virgin or two ...

Dang they're too expensive these days!

Gonna run take a look at Mt. Etna from my balcony and see what She's up to!
Maybe She'll join in!

peace

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

How lucky are you that you get to live beside such a beautiful mountian/volcano! I live in a mountianous range, and love it, when I go somewhere that the land is flat I miss the mountian views!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Any one hear of haarp? Just a little food for thought was there any auroral activites that happend near or around the area's. It happend during China's last earthquake. Just some food for thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join