It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market Moves Down with Obama Speech January 26, 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
By Mike Hunt

Does anyone else notice the “coincidental” downward trend of the world market(s) during most of the highly public showings/ speeches by President Obama?

For example, we see that during an upward move of most major indices on January 26, a speech was given by President Obama that concerned his emphasis upon the reduction of foreign oil reliance, legislation encouraging alternative energy investment, and of course the usual “change/ new deal” twaddle. Note that during and immediately following his speech, a market dip was noted just before its crash effectively ending any hope of that day’s rally. Most investors including myself knew to sell off everything after the peak once again due to that very speech.

Perhaps it all began with Obama’s inauguration day in which the market dropped like lead to an unprecedented 332.16 points (DJIA). I say unprecedented because never before in our history has a relative market drop occurred during any previous inaugurations. This is not a good sign in terms of confidence and “trust” amongst world investors who are already paranoid following a dismal and tumultuous 2008 circling of the financial western drain.

Also note that each and every time President Obama addresses the economy, especially then does the market respond less than favorably.

A coincidence?

Could there be a direct relationship between the price of oil and recent world market fluctuations?

I would say that either Obama picked once again a most inopportune time to destroy confidence in oil investment or that we are, as the general brain-dead populace sees their man walking on water, only seeing coincidence.

Perhaps we might now appreciate some Ted Turner rose colored lenses or maybe Prozac?

Hell no.

I am sticking with reality and one should know that as truth is so often disturbing so then is falsehood reassuring.

To comment on Aaron's perspectives, please visit the blog at www.thepropheticlight.com... by clicking on the banner above.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Look, we had two choices.

One who says lets keep on one road

The other says - lets try a different path

The slack jawed Americans chose between two options.

We are working despite are hardships, so give us a break would ya?

Should we have elected the elite millionaire military man and the NASCAR token bimbo?

The saviour was chosen... deal with it.

Or you could topple the government and show the way! good luck

- three great alternatives

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think you are trying too hard here.

I also noticed that the sun came up on the 26th and the Market went down. After some more research, I have noticed that the sun came up every single day that the marked went down. So obviously, the sun is responsible for the horrendous state that the global economy is in.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I think you are trying too hard here.

I also noticed that the sun came up on the 26th and the Market went down. After some more research, I have noticed that the sun came up every single day that the marked went down. So obviously, the sun is responsible for the horrendous state that the global economy is in.

"YOU Liberal FOOL, it was the MOON... THE MOON I TELL YA!!!!"

join