It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall Of Western Civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I recently moved and was going through my stuff, playing that fun game, "Why did I even keep this?" I came across something I had written back around 2000 or 2001 and I thought I would share.

In the beginning there was silence upon the airwaves. They were void of any and all transmissions and God said "Let there be Radio!" and radio waves filled the air with music and serials like 'The Shadow', 'The Lone Ranger' and 'The Green Hornet'. God listened and liked what He heard. Evening Came and Morning Followed, the First Day.

God then decided that pictures should be added and so He said "Let there be Television!". Television transmissions filled the air in addition to the radio waves. Both UHF and VHF, and God sat in His recliner, watched and liked what He saw. Evening Came and Morning Followed, the Second Day.

God then heard the People as the called His newest Creation a fad and that it would soon pass. This troubled Him and He said "Let there be Networks!" and it was so. ABC, NBC and CBS were formed and they organized the television transmissions and made them popular. Soon everyone owned a television and watched it Religiously. God said He would be right back after these words from our sponsors. Evening Came and Morning Followed, the Third Day.

Once the Airwaves were full, God saw that the People wanted more, so He said "Let there be Cable!" and it was so. Into each home Cable provided ESPN, HBO, USA and MTV, and the People were happy with what they had been given. God smiled as He sat and watched wrestling on the SuperStation. Evening Came and Morning Followed, the Fourth Day.

Then God saw that the People in rural areas were not able to enjoy that which He was providing and He said "Let there be Satellite" and it was so. Satellite Dishes sprang up wherever Cable didn't reach and now all the People were happy. God kicked back and watched people beat each other up on 'The Jerry Springer Show'. Evening Came and Morning Followed, the Fifth Day.

Then God saw that His People were still spending time talking to each other and He said "Let there be the Internet!" and it was so. The World Wide Web and The Microsoft Network. The Web Sites and The Homepages. And God saw that His People now had there lives filled with Mass Media and smiled as He spent time in a chat room at www.spankme.com Evening Came and Morning Followed, The Sixth Day.

On the Seventh Day God rested, for He looked down and saw that the family units which had held mankind together were disintegrating because they no longer wasted time talking to each other. Now He could control the Sniveling Little Bastards with just a sound bite. God sat back and laughed.

new topics

join