It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns of possible war with South Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

That's the most preposterous statement I've ever read.

Wherever freedom rings, you can bet that there is a good chance that America's armies have had something to do with it.

Hmmm Freedom like in Vietnam? How bout Palestine? Hell how about Iran for that matter? Venezuela? Nicaragua? The fact is we have knocked more democratically elected governments to insert out own tools in the past 70 years that puts the Soviets to shame. This is why we need to stay out of peoples business. It always backfires in the end.....

[edit on 1-2-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The US just moved about 17,000 troops permanently from Okinawa to Guam, where a based was closed in the 1990s. I wondered what was up with that myself. I would be surprised if the US was able to intervene in this situation though supposedly thousands of troops were massed at the border last fall.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Do a deal with China/Russia/South Korea and together, launch a massive strike against Pyongyang, the North Korean capital.

Kill the leaders. Kill the fanatics. Even nuking the capital wouldn't make North Korea worse than it is now.

It's the worse country in the world to live in. The only thing stopping the world is China being opposed because they don't want NATO on their border, so make a deal with them to help the north korean people. Most koreans want an united Korea, but again China wouldn't want that, they don't want a real power at their border, they already have Russia to deal with in the future.

Just try to make a deal with all those involved. Nato, China, SK, Russia and possibly Japan.

Get rid of North Korea leaders, unite Korea once and for all.

They need to find a way to deter the NK army to blow up Seoul to pieces. I suggest you mount a force from Russia and invade NK by the north so the NK army won't think of bombing Seoul with their hundreds of artillery pieces. Make it looks like it's a russia-china operation so Seoul can stay safe.

NK is a mess and they need a strategy to unite Korea, without destroying Seoul in the process.

I'm always against war, but with NK, I could make an exception. You can't negociate with NK.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Sadly, the first artillery barrage on Soul would hypothetically kill more people within the first few hours then any "wmd".

While the North militarized, the South where a little arrogant and self consumed.. there is no way they could win a war against the North. America leaves, they fall.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That's exactly what I think. And that's why I submitted a plan that would divert attention from Seoul... and maybe force NK to move their artillery pieces from the SK-NK border to somewhere else. Mass a big force of military power in Chian, north of NK and invade them from there. They will have to move. Make it looks like it's a russian-chinese operation, so they won't retaliate on SK.

Or place an Iron Dome over SK, and get everything you've got in bombers in NATO and load them with bunker buster and bomb the shiat out of the mountains on the border to wipe out most of the NK artillery before they fire... but that would be a nightmare for logistics, so it's better to place an iron dome over Seoul, then invade from the north.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The artillery is there imo not to win any war. In fact.. I think they have the intelligence to know.. they would never win a war against SK/USA. But it would inflict MASSIVE casualties, and in the time it takes to recover and move forward, international relations would have caused a ceasefire.

The wall of artillery is embedded in the mountains, covered with 50 years worth of forest. We don't even know where all their bunkers are, or how extensive. And we would need to take every piece out in short time.. America is not super-man and I just don't see it happening.

I don't see China letting war break out on their door step to begin with. I am certain China nor Russia will allow American's to invade from the North.

I am surprised Japan has decided to remain without a standing army honestly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join