It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source - Mt Asama erupts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
www.japantoday.com...

Mt Asama, straddling Gunma and Nagano prefectures, erupted early Monday from its summit crater, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. The agency warned of the possibility of large ash deposits that could be scattered in areas within a radius of about 4 kilometers from the crater due to the 1:51 a.m. eruption.

After the eruption of the 2,568-meter volcano, smoke billowed from the crater reaching heights of about 2,000 meters shortly after 2 a.m., the agency said. The smoke was moving southeastward, it said. The agency had raised the volcanic eruption alert level for Mt Asama from 2 to 3 on the 5-stage warning scale Sunday. Level 3 prohibits people from going on Mt. Asama. Level 2 restricts them from approaching the crater area.

sorry this is in the wrong thread

[edit on 1-2-2009 by prjct]

[edit on 1-2-2009 by prjct]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Is it just me or does there seem to be a whole lot of volcanic activity going on? Going by the news, it seems to be.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Is it just me or does there seem to be a whole lot of volcanic activity going on? Going by the news, it seems to be.

That there is. There is all the activity at Yellowstone. We now are being told that a volcano in Alaska is going to blow. Now this volcano in Japan. Interesting times indeed. Especially with 2012 around the corner.....

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

I don't know about the 2012 stuff, all i know is what i see and it doesn't look good at all my friend...not at all.

Just look at all the bad news in this last week alone. It's insane.

I wonder what this week will bring?

Some crazy stuff is going to go down....that i'm sure of.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yes, and if you look outside MSM even more! Google volcanoes, plenty of scientific sites out there, some have volcano cams to watch.
One in Alaska, (Mt, Redoubt?) possibly getting ready to blow also.

Also many more earthquakes taking place around the world, earthquake and volcano activity UP lots lately....and I did read that earthquake activity can increase volcano activity.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.intlvrc.org...

top topics

join