It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to launch war against Iran within a month

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Do you seriously think Iran can absorb 200 nukes?

The problem is that Israel's 200 nukes were never been tested to see if they work. Triggering mechanism for nuclear weapons are very finicky, and difficult to get working properly. Those 200 nukes may turned out to be duds. That's probably the main reason why Israel would not "lay out its cards", and tell the whole world it has operational nuclear weapons. If it did, no Muslim country would dare to attack it, except maybe Pakistan. On the other hand, Pakistan had successfully tested its nuclear weapon, the yield being 35kt, and the bomb weighs about 500 lb. Small enough to either carried by fighter-sized aircraft, or intermediate range tactical missile. The worst case scenario is Pakistan "lend" some of its nuclear weapons to its Muslim brother, Iran.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Something like 155 Nobel Prize winners were Jewish, which would indicate that as a people, they have a 115:1 ratio over any other race.

If there was a Nobel Prize for Swindling , Bernie Madoff ( a Jew) would win hands-down with his $50 billion ponzi scheme.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
What some fail to recognise is that America and Israel have got no friends, if they think they can attack Iran with impunity they are in for a big shock. The nations of the World will not be cowered by the gansters that run the US/Israel. The armed forces of those nations arrayed against these two despot nations are more than adequate to do the job.

Just what would Iran or any other country do? Berate us to death on forums?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
reply to post by dooper

I don't really doubt a swift victory[and i support a swift shock&awe campaign but rather not by the US], but i am worried about a long aftermath..You see US foreign policy has not been very famous and keen for long term strategies, thats why they're fighting the same Taliban/Mudjahedien] they supported in the 80's,

Actually, the Taliban formed after we won the war against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan. We never supported the Taliban, nor did we support Arab Mujahideen. I suggest you read Talibanby A. Rashid.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have to assume that there are those in Western intelligence services that can make things happen. Iran can have a nuclear accident. Iran can make a mistake on the border. Iran can overreact to an insignificant incident.

When I was speaking of Iranian dumbasses, I was actually describing Iranian dumbasses.

You've got moderates over there who aren't in power. You've not raving lunatics in power. And then you've got your Muslim raving lunatics who are fringe forces.

Anyone of the last two can make a fatal mistake. They can be compelled to make a fatal mistake. They can be maneuvered to make a fatal mistake.

This isn't all that hard.

In my book (which I sent to Israeli higher-ups) I criticized the Israelis on a few mistaken behaviors in the fight against Hizballah in Lebanon.

When they began to strike Hamas in Gaza, I noted right out of the gate, they changed up big time on one of the elements. Completely different than ever before. And I grinned.

Today, in my copy of Aviation weekly, an article in there documented two other of my suggestions that they used to great success in Gaza. Completely different from what they had been doing previously. And their casualties were extremely one-sided.

Now, if they'll just follow the approach with Iran as I suggested, it will be one big party. Effective. Efficient. And unexpected.

We'll see.

I note I sold a lot of copies in Washington DC as well.

Our Marines took one of the suggestions, implemented it into the Marine Corps, and since they've been getting significant results, the Corps is happy with their increase in kill ratios.

The US Army modified their FM, including many of these things I touted. They didn't go far enough, but for the first time, they're at least using some of the correct terminology and concepts.

We'll see if they can actually put them in practice.

Magic, as for my basis for comparing Iran with Iraq, get your head out of your fourth point of contact.

Think.

I know, it's going to be a whole new experience, but think just for a moment:

Iran and little Iraq fought a war. Neither could win. Iranians died by the thousands.

So militarily, Iran and Iraq were on the same level. Military level.

So when the US goes through Iraqis like crap through a goose, what does that imply?

Give me 20,000 hand selected men, and even I could go through Iran like crap through a goose.

Another typical meeting between Persians and Westerners.

(Hint: they haven't won yet.)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Pure rubbish sunshine,The mighty american war machine avoided most populated areas in a quick dash to Bagdad to film a small group of Kurds toppling over Sadams statue.This was a PR war from the 1st shock and awe campaign designed to please little minds who love the smell of cordite in the morning and watching bombs explode like fancy fire works.

Was this designed to boost shattered egos after the horrific twin towers,manly chest beating to the world to show how great you still are.Well it backfired,no ones impressed and to be honest we are all sickened at the thought that your country and a small selection of other bully followers could do this

Iraqs military was crippled long before our boys rolled through,with no air security or missile defence its not surprising what the outcome would be-we knew that of course and invaded over pathetic WMD lies and the blood of so many Iraqi people will stain the souls of all who gloat over this barbaric turkey shoot

Iran is no Iraq,and could potentialy lead to a world war as people choose sides.If the worlds population were allowed to choose what side to help,then Iran would get a lot of support!They are the victim in this sordid rancid tissue of lies campaign designed to ignite racial hatred amongst people to carry on this endless war on terror.

What is this book you have written,and why would the IDF change tactics over someting you said!I think your deluded,you have a hidden identity here so I can take all your comments with a pinch of salt unless you want to PM me who you realy are and then I can teat them with the respect they deserve or not!

*pm Noangels*

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
(Ecuses my english) You have not heard Israel is hopeing for war with anyone they probley enjoyed gaza.And they want the us to join in becuase they will have superpower countriy on there side They only need one so the overs follow its there plan.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Dont forget Iran is Shia and Pakistan and Taliban Sunni. In fact Iran even wanted to help the US to eliminate AL Qaida and Taliban after 9/11.Just as Syria wanted to help and give intel about Al Qaida but they didnt listen
That command and conquer strategy of playing them out against each other should have more priority. Its much more subtle.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Another typical meeting between Persians and Westerners.

(Hint: they haven't won yet.)

How many times times did you watch the movie 300? Stop watching it, and begin to read:
Spivak and Said, if it is not too late.
Ah those "Westerners"

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
reply to post by verbal_assassin

Poon....azz....You might want to choose some other descriptive words. This forum says to deny ignorance and your stupidity is a big part of that ignorance.

I am not sure whether calling people "stupid" publicly is a good manner.
(Sorry about my English Founding)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

... So militarily, Iran and Iraq were on the same level. Military level.
So when the US goes through Iraqis like crap through a goose, what does that imply?
Give me 20,000 hand selected men, and even I could go through Iran like crap through a goose. ...

A war with Iran will be on the same scale as the Vietnam War(1965-1975). Iran's regular army is made up of 500,000 men. It's militia numbers 7,000,000 men. The land area of Iran is about twice that of Iraq, and much of it's mountainous. The people is basically of one sect of Muslim(Shia), so there's no division between Muslims like in Iraq. Iran manufactures most of its weapons, so there wouldn't be any shortage. During the 2nd Iraq War, American M1A1 Abram tanks can drive from one end of Baghdad to the other end unoppose because the Iraqis have no weapon that can stop it. If the M1 try that in Iran, it would be met with a hail of Toophan 2 ATGMs. Iran has 800 Steyr .50 cal sniper rifles capable of penetrating body armour. These are some of the known types of weapons Iran possessed. There are plenty more we don't know they obtained from Russia, China, and certain European countries(the Steyr sniper rifle is from Austria).

[edit on 2/18/2009 by coolieno99]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao.... Dont forget Iran is Shia and Pakistan and Taliban Sunni. ...

Pakistan is actually a mixture of Shia and Sunni Muslims. But with a population of 160 million, there's probably a fair number of them that will actively support Iran in a time of war with US/Israel. It was Pakistani scientist A. Q. Khan who sold nuclear weapon secrets to Iran, Libya and North Korea.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
im just curious, but why do so many people on this thread seem to be 100% behind regimes such as hamas and the ayatola ran iran? dont you people understand that these regimes want to destroy western societies regardless of the so called "political ramififcations" that you describe? these psycos want us to fall on our faces an shoot us in the back of the heads. iranian (proxy of russia) ran states such as hezzbolah and hamas's main platform is the death of all jews...and you defend them!!! you are blind, angry, and ignorant.

This is a conspiracy board, and many conspiracists have a beef with the Jews and the Government- any government. Many seem to think both are responsible for all the world's evils. Also, I imagine, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is considered fact.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

This is a conspiracy board, and many conspiracists have a beef with the Jews and the Government- any government. Many seem to think both are responsible for all the world's evils. Also, I imagine, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is considered fact.

What is this 'The Protocols of the Elders of Zion'? Is it a law or communique? What has it do with the threats made by Israel against Iran?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
hi with regard to previous poster i know of no real evidence to prove protocols od sion are false other than previous source for material being often mentioned. But which came first chicken or egg lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join