It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to launch war against Iran within a month

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Technology-wise, Israel is only about 30 years ahead of Iran. Some of the world's most advanced defense electronics are made right there in Israel.

One of the most professional, well-trained, and determined military's in the world are Israeli.

And once again I will say with all that technology why cant they stop Hamas rockets from flying over a 9 meter prison wall?

With all that technology they where unable to tell the difference between a 3 year old girl and a militant?

That well trained and technologically advanced place called Israel must have deliberately attacked innocent civillians and buildings in it's quest for land.

You have repeated how they are the best in the world, yet they still hit civillians constantly.

Maybe their own arrogance will actually defeat them before any army has to.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

One reason it's hard to stop the rockets from being fired over a wall is because the clowns that launch these things hide and often fire from school yards, outside markets, just outside apartment buildings, behind businesses, and anywhere that civilians are around to help conceal them.

So when a counterstrike is made, sometimes, even children are hit. This is a calculated move by Hamas launchers. The more civilians that are killed, the more propaganda they get to generate.

That Gaza land you're referring to, suggesting Israel wants it? It's been conquered and given back twice.

Some quest for land, huh?

And many of those civilians? Non-uniformed Hamas combatants in civilian clothes.

And whose fault is that?

I would love for you to show me a regional military that could beat Israel. Just one.

Already, a coalition of Lebanon, Syria, Transjordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and a large Palestinian guerilla force ganged up on that tiny nation, and got their collective asses kicked.

Another time, Egypt, Jordan, and Syria lined up masses of men and equipment again against this tiny country, and got an even bigger ass whipping.

The last time, Jordan opted out, and little Israel, though attacked again with superior numbers and forces, kicked the living dookey out of their attackers.

Please.

Name a regional country that could whip Israel.

'Cause it sure as hell won't be anything Arabic.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I would love for you to show me a regional military that could beat Israel. Just one.

Turkey owns Israel in 5 days.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

In your dreams.

Only in your dreams.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by deccal

In your dreams.

Only in your dreams.

This is another topic, but I recommend you to compare war experience, war culture and army equipment of both. Actually, they are allies now, for now though.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Think about it.

Turkey would have to come down corridors and through Syria and/or Lebanon.

To do so is to follow easily anticipated lines of approach.

They may, MAY reach the Israeli border with a third of whatever they started with.

That's the thing about an anticipated line of approach. It's anticipated.

And every step of the way is full of deadly dangers.

Large, powerful formations is just a concentration to be pounded.

Smaller formations are easily segmented and overwhelmed.

Now.

Come up with a real threat.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

One reason it's hard to stop the rockets from being fired over a wall is because the clowns that launch these things hide and often fire from school yards, outside markets, just outside apartment buildings, behind businesses, and anywhere that civilians are around to help conceal them.

So don't you think Iran will use a similar tactic or do you think they are going to have the rocket launchers just sitting there with big signs on them saying "Don't shoot here"?
Your enemy is currently in Iran according to Israel, but what would happen if Israel struck a blow against Iran.

1. US war ships are now a target
2. US soldiers are now open to being attacked by Iranians in Iraq, afghanistan.
3. Syria, lebanon and Jordon could possible attack Isael (of course unless they are paid off big time from an anonomous source)
4. Gulf of Oman will be closed
5. fuel prices sky rocket
6 civillian unrest in oil dependent countries
7. escelation of conflict around the world.

Of course this is just a possibility, it may or may not pan out that way.

But I really think you hold a little to much faith in your unwavering belief that Israels armed forces are superior to everyone elses.

no matter how much technology a country has, you always have to factor in variables.
A suicide bomber will not be grounded due to bad wheather
A home based army isn't concerned with supply lines to the front.

Drop as many bombs on an area and you will still get survivers who will do everything in their power to destroy you.

Hitler tried to exterminate the jews and didn't succeed and now they are very powerful indeed.
What do you think the world would have in store for Israel if they went down this road?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Israel will attack Iran, because NATO wants it.

NATO will order Israel to attack Iran because they can not do t direcly, so
as soon as Iran will defend themself end attack back Israel, you will see
all NATO's powerful strike force destroy the Iranian regime, and
the world going into the WW3,

exacly as elites planned, as part of the NWO secret agenda and their
goal to creat a one world government by using the order into chaos.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
don't forget Israel's Zionists are NOT Jews
Zionism is NOT Judaism

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

To fire upon a US Navy ship would be a disaster for Iran. Whether it hit or missed, the US Navy would begin to deconstruct Iran. And you can bet that a lot of targets in Iran have already been selected.

The other suppositions border on the ludicrous.

The day the US begins getting hit with Iranian suicide bombers, the Iranian people will begin to cease existence.

The last people that pissed off America haven't done too well. And that would infuriate us as a nation.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Who where the last ones to piss off the Americans?

Saudi Arabia?
Oh no wait! they apparently where doing a job for a guy in a cave in Afghanistan who had links to Suddam.

You may say that the US will go after whoever upsets them, but that is the whole idea.
The US is going to crumble when its military crumbles.

Without sounding to much like a conspiracy nut, but the US fleet is just sitting there waiting for the next Pearl harbour.

Everything that has happened and is going to happen is because of design.

Israel attacking Gaza qas by design
if not, why where Israeli troops practicing for months prior to the attack?

Iran will be attacked at the right time and not one minute before the people in charge give the orders.
The real people in charge and not the puppets.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe

While Iran's leader openly talks about the need to remove Israel and its citizens from the pages of history,

Once again this lie is being perpeturated.
[edit on 4-2-2009 by munkey66]

I am quite aware of the literal translation of Ahmadinejad's words however perception is reality and the perception of those statements are as I wrote above.

This is exactly the way that a politician speaks. They say things to imply a meaning while leaving a back door to refute the perception if and when it is needed. Great care goes into choosing the right words so they can claim innocence on a later date and people like you can offer them defense.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The countries that pissed us off and quickly learned of pissed off Americans know who they are.

Funny you mentioned Pearl Harbor.

In 1945, we only had two of the good stuff.

Coincidentally, two cities smoked.

We have more than two now, I assure you.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Hmmm the way you describe the bombing of 2 cities with nukes as getting smiked really makes me wonder.

Dropping Nukes on countries is not the answer, nukes where meant to be a deterent.
and we can see how much of a deterent they have been, Hamas still fires rockets on a Israel.
America was attacked on 9/11, another nuclear country.
The bomb blast in India, another nuclear country.

Just because you have nukes does not make you imune to being attacked.

Do you think that Israel is worried more about Iran getting a nuke because it will lose its power grip on the ME.
Because we know who ever fires the first one will be condenmed by the rest of the world.
What would Iran gain from Nuking Israel?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

The countries that pissed us off and quickly learned of pissed off Americans know who they are.

So if using your logic if the USA pisses off say Paraguay by stealing all of its resources its only fair that they retaliate ?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
im just curious, but why do so many people on this thread seem to be 100% behind regimes such as hamas and the ayatola ran iran? dont you people understand that these regimes want to destroy western societies regardless of the so called "political ramififcations" that you describe? these psycos want us to fall on our faces an shoot us in the back of the heads. iranian (proxy of russia) ran states such as hezzbolah and hamas's main platform is the death of all jews...and you defend them!!! you are blind, angry, and ignorant.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11

im just curious, but why do so many people on this thread seem to be 100% behind regimes such as hamas and the ayatola ran iran? dont you people understand that these regimes want to destroy western societies regardless of the so called "political ramififcations" that you describe? these psycos want us to fall on our faces an shoot us in the back of the heads. iranian (proxy of russia) ran states such as hezzbolah and hamas's main platform is the death of all jews...and you defend them!!! you are blind, angry, and ignorant.

You gotta get the latest technology - Spellcheck.

Rogue Muslim states have found the best PR approach to Western media - presenting themselves as determined freedom seeking victims.

Unsophisticaetd Westerners take it in as a reality movie - the victimized Rebel Alliance fighting the big Bad American Empire.

For sure America is real bad. Their opposition is worse.

Hands up who is thinks Israel could decide one day to nuke New York or London.

Hands up who is thinks Iran could decide one day to nuke New York or London.

Choose your friends - and your enemies - wisely.

MF

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

good post. no need to slam my typing-challenged hands in the door

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

dooper you are the most arrogant blood thirsty impatient offensive right-wing propagandists i have ever met ( or a really good troll) and i've been on 4chan today...ah israel is that the country that always manages to underestimate its opponent and get its soldiers killed or is that the country that acts tough because it has such a large "army" for want of a better word i can't think what else you would call a country that called its civilians "soldiers" no army is to good er word for the IDF it throws its weight around like a fat fu** on a treadmill doing whatever the fu** it wants and let me assure YOU dooper if it was irans weapons vs israels weapons iran would win you know why ISRAEL JETS ARE NEXT TO FUC*** USELESS they get all there jets from the us the only tank they "pride themselves on" is the merkava 5 and we all saw how 75 of those "superior tanks with reactive armour" got owned by 1970's soviet era anti tank wire guided missiles and iran has plenty of them not to mention hezbollah's (NOT EVEN IRAN FFS HEZ BO FUC*** LAH) ambush's that killed a dozen soldiers each time.

TL
R learn to anti propaganda and i'll chuck in one of murphys law for lols
"if the attacks going well it's an ambush"
thats what israil

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You want to know how armed and prepared to fight a war Iran is?

Well they fought an war with Iraq for 8 years, 1980-87. Iran has more than double the population of Iraq and is easier to defend. Israel gave support to Iran in this war, not Iraq.

A million Iranians died. The war cost both sides dearly, neither claimed victory.

We got a preview of Iran's current military capabilities last month when their specially trained unit was completely wiped out in Gaza.

There is a lot of talk about Iran's military capability.
There is a lot of talk about a lot of things.

Even when you supply a lot of big numbers and name drop a list of weapons it doesn't necessarily equate to preparedness and capability of winning a war.

About the last thing Iran wants and can afford is a major war.
Even their support of proxies Hamas and Hezbollah has strained their budget and made the population resentful of domestic neglect at the expense of foreign adventurism.

The mullahs want to spread their Islamic Revolution to the entire Middle East, start with the destruction of Israel. Next step the Christian world.

Let's see how many of the vaunted Iranian military and ordinary Iranian people are willing to die in pursuit of this cause.

Mike F

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join