It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the best place to relocate to, and who should you bring in a situationX???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have been trying to prepare myself for a situationX and have hit a wall in figuring out where I will go and who to bring with me when I was trying to figure out what to bring with me. I first need to know where I am going and who is coming with me before I can know what to bring. Where would be an ideal location to set up shop? Who would be the ideal persons to set up shop with? What will we need?

[edit on 1-2-2009 by devildogUSMC]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
First of all, you need to work out what your Situation X is likely to be, if there is one at all. Only then will you know what to prepare for.

Definition of Situation X = Is any kind of disaster - natural or man-made that may befall you.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The project Avalon forum has delved into this subject quite a bit --
www.projectavalon.net...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Location all depends on sitX, just remember populated areas are going to be bad news.
The people you bring with you should only be people you trust and your family.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As travel will not be feasible in most sit x situations (I believe it will hit as a surprise) I would prepare a location within 20 miles of your location (unless your in the middle of a heavily populated urban area, then you may opt for a bit more distance) and have a route planned that bypasses interstates and heavy traffic roads.

My sit x place is 40 miles from the city and 20 miles from my suburban house. Needless to say, I am far far from having anything ready until this summer (crosses fingers) but it has a pond at least and I own a few acres in the boonies with some game and it is walking or bike riding distance all back roads to it.

I would suggest you don't run for a state park... there will be plenty who do this and may find themselves quite a crowd of people who came with a riffle and a bugout bag who may decide your stuff is worth more than their morality if you catch my drift.

If you can, prepare a place in the boonies. Talk to people at work and find out who the hunters and survival minded people are and inquire what options are in your area. Stock up on canned food and try to find a place with a water source... I would love to have a well but $$ is tight right now. I only hope I can get my excavation and concrete layed out this summer.

I have been watching Craigslist in the RV section and have noticed 29-32 ft 5th wheel campers going low... some 5k, others as low as $1,800.00 and this may be a temp option.... Hope I can enclose one of these in concrete.. hehe

Anyway, I think it is better to have at least a basic plan on where to go and how to get there... and hopefully a shelter and supplies already in place.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, when you or anyone decides, it is probably not a good idea to broadcast on a world-wide forum.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thank you for your input. I just wish I knew where to go. Nobody I know takes being prepared seriously. I try to tell them, but I can tell they think I'm nuts.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
Where would be an ideal location to set up shop? Who would be the ideal persons to set up shop with?
[edit on 1-2-2009 by devildogUSMC]

Ideal local to set up. Tropical island. Preferably one without things such as hurricanes or active volcano. An ample supply of wheat and hops would be nice. Also, clean water.

Ideal persons to be with. There are these twins I know.........

Actually, an island doesnt sound too bad. However, for most, this isnt realistic.

First we need to know what type of enviroment you are in now. Major city, burbs, small town, farm? Reality is that sit-x wont pick an ideal time for you to get where you want to be. So there is potential for a short term bug in before you need to get out. Also to consider, having a location is all well and good, but have you ever tried living away from the modern world for any length of time?

Who to bring with you. Ask yourself this, whom do you trust with your life? Will these people help you survive or hinder you? The people who think you are nuts should be low on your list. Others who are thinking ahead and preparing should move up.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Preparedness is always a very good idea, but having a plan that's too in-depth and/or not very flexible can cause more problems than it solves.

Say you have a plan to bug out to a plot of land set away deep in the wilderness when things start to get ugly. Now, say sitX™ involves some sort of bomb (nuclear or dirty) being set off near enough to your hideout to make it uninhabitable, yet not close enough to home to take you out. What do you do? Your supplies, if stored there, are useless. What if (it's a stretch, but) an asteroid or satellite comes crashing down on or near your hidey-hole, destroying everything that's there?

IMHO, the best plan for any emergency is to be able to get away from civilization in a jiffy. Since we know how most people act when things are out-of-the-ordinary, the farther the better. Also, one needs to be self-sustainable wherever you end up for at least a month. A knife, multi tool, or hatchet (preferably all three) and the ability to find or obtain clean water are a must. Everything else is a luxury.

Now don't get me wrong, having a well thought out plan isn't a bad thing (
), but one should always be prepared for the 'what if...' that comes hand in hand with sitX.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Move to Hawaii. Property is really cheap right now. Plus it's awesome..

new topics

top topics

join