It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops Go Door To Door Kentucky!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Here we go folks, the troops have started to go door to door in Kentucky to "check" on people in the storm.

www.cnn.com...

Another excuse to get to watch people and have them get use to seeing troops in houses.

They also are putting red and green tapes on doors to see who needs "help" and who doesn't.

Very Weird.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
These are National Guard Troops ordered in by the Governor of Kentucky.

These "troops" live and work in the same area that they are being called in to help.

Move along...nothing to see here!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

OH BS.

When we had our storm, they came bringing water and asking if people needed help.

They went to the neighborhoods that did not lose power several times, in the richer neighborhoods, they never came to ours, my kids and I waited for 10 days, and if they showed up the kids had a joke for them, they were planning to say yes, get our power up so we can watch our Sstoreies...

I stated in the icestorm thread that this would happen and not to freak or read anything weird into it, it is their job, and they have saved old peoples lives, handicapped lives, helpless peoples lives.

This is why we live in America, to be protected.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by antar]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

"This Is Why We Live In America To Be Protected."

Protected from what? The government. Exactly.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
why should we have to be protected from a government that we the people are supposed to be holding the leash of

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Not everyone is at the level you guys are and they are not as independent. Elderly people, vulnerable people. People that were caught unawares of the dangers of loosing electricity for a week or more in sub freezing conditions.

What would you greet them in an emergency crisis with a loaded gun? Shoot em up because they are there to help?

You are the reason our world is in the condition it is today. You will be the first to loose it when the time comes.

Feel free to block any thing further I have to say in the future. The little ignore button to your left.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
People are freezing and starving to death from the weather and you are calling this a conspiracy? I have family in Kentucky and I can assure you they appreciate every minute these folks are risking their own lives to come out and check on them. For all of you who think this a "FEMA camp" training exercise or whatever excuse you have this week, call your local Mental Health Association office and get help. I hope when a "disaster" hits your town you also have the gall to criticize them to their faces when they save your stupid ass.

These people are doing exactly what they are paid to do and are doing it well. How many of you on this board ever manned up and served in the military, or did anything more constructive than make up retarded stories about "aliens saving the earth in 2012" and "indigo children?" Try putting that wasted energy to good use, like driving to Kentucky and rescuing old people from freezing to death. I just heard a pin drop so I take it there are no keys in the ignition?

Hey, watch out next time you have an accident, my boyfriend is an EMT and he said they all work for FEMA too and are putting little colored dots on your mailboxes for the coming death camp roundup. What is wrong with some of you? Forget the next 911, this country needs a good hard disaster to kickstart natural selection!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Antar, it's good to hear you and your family are alright. I knew you were affected by reading the other thread.

As for the presence of troops in KY, they've so visited most of my family except for my parents (who still don't have any power). They've been asking questions and providing relevant assistance wherever needed, so evidently they're in the area and could show up any moment.

This is not worth complaining about - this is what people have been asking for since the storm hit. Help from someone, whether it be the National Guard, Red Cross, FEMA, or from volunteers. Help and news updates have been crucial.

FEMA, I would like to point out, has been an utter disgrace. While their spokesperson dances around questions from the concerned, FEMA groundspeople have kept their presence sporadic and minimal to say the least. Their response has been, well, pretty crappy.

For the most part, volunteers and concerned neighbors have been the true, quick-thinking (and affective) heroes during this whole ordeal.

Nearly everyone I've spoken to in the area have said that they know not to rely on the government for anything else in the future, especially a quick response.

[edit on 1/2/09 by Evasius]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I live in a hurricane prone area and when a bad hurricane gets close to our shore the governor calls for a mandatory evacuation. The police, fire dept. and the national guard go around knocking on people's doors to see if they left town, if someone refuses to evacuate they make them sign a piece of paper telling the authorities who to notify if they find your dead body floating in the water.

The National Guard always goes out when a disaster happens to help out. At least as far as I can recall.

Chill out.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They can't win can they?!

People complain if they don't get help and if they do, they think it's an invasion of their privacy or some evil plot to get you.

Next all you SHTF loonys will be shooting these people dead on your doorstep because they invaded your privacy by bringing food and water to you and seeing if you need any help.

You disgust me.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
Here we go folks, the troops have started to go door to door in Kentucky to "check" on people in the storm.

www.cnn.com...

Another excuse to get to watch people and have them get use to seeing troops in houses.

They also are putting red and green tapes on doors to see who needs "help" and who doesn't.

Very Weird.

yeah,, gee thousands were predicted to maybe die

how dare them try to help people

the nerve

this post is ridiculous and so off base

posts like this give us a bad name and is why we're looked down upon

Very Weird.

yeah that's weird,,, they're working in an organized fashion to save time and be efficient

maximizing the help,,, without having to doubleback,,,real dumb of them

come on,,,you can't be serious??????

[edit on 1-2-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I, for one, am very grateful that they were here!!

I live just outside of Paducah, Kentucky and just got my lights back this morning!! It has been nothing but pure hell for everyone here!! Wednesday night I sat in the cold and dark and listened as every tree in our town exploded and fell. I grabbed my bug out bag and was going to head for the closest motel, but my car was encased, literally, in one inch of ice! Even the motels didn't have power. I watched as people fought for what little gas was sold. I watched them fight for days over generators. This is all still going on and will keep going on for weeks! There is a curfew from 5pm until 6am. There was one Burger King in operation trying to feed thousands of people. If you could only see the haunted look of desperation on peoples faces.......it is heartbreaking.

Tonight I have a bad lung infection and fever of almost 101. Do you think I'll lay around and baby myself because I think I deserve it now?? HELL NO!! Tomorrow I will be having everyone that I know come over here for showers and I will be up early to start doing laundry for them! I'll also use every can of food in my emergency supplies to feed them hot meals.

NOT EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Are you even aware of the situation in Kentucky?

How about the story someone just posted on the older man who died without power... I know it was because of the bill dispute/power company... but the situation in Kentucky is one where MANY are WITHOUT POWER and have been for about a week now (and some will stay that way for weeks) because of the hellacious winter storm that passed through. The case with the old man PROVES that there ARE instances where there are people who are simply not capable of surviving in a dire situation like this one, through no fault of their own.

It is not "troops" going door to door in the sense that that they are heavily armored packed ready and loaded. They are there because of the EMERGENCY.

You've apparently had just a little too much ATS for one day and maybe it's getting to you, I don't know? But I think what is more likely is that you have no comprehension of the situation some of those people are in. Protected from the government?? This is HELP from the government.... a rarest of occasions that should be CELEBRATED, not spun into another crackpot ATS theory. Besides, according to your theory the national guard should have never went to rescue/help anyone in Katrina?
Gimme a break. A natural disaster is a natural disaster. You can't stop nature from being a PITA at times.

We had an ice storm almost identical to this one about 5 years ago in Ohio and it was PURE hell. The entire family huddled around one kerosene heater in the living room waiting for power to come on, and when it didn't after a week we said SCREW THIS and went to my sister's house who lived an hour away and still had power. We waited there ANOTHER week until we actually had power again, then went home to find the plumbing busted from the freeze/thaw, trees fallen everywhere around our property, and still layers of ice and snow..but we did have power back. It was awful.

I understand completely what these people in Kentucky are going through and am completely aware there is no sinister connection in sending in the National Guard to help those in need. There are PLENTY of things to get upset at your government about and call foul, this is not one of them.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by ImaNutter]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
And why do you ALL think this is a "natural" storm / disaster?

Clearly, none of you have heard of HAARP where the Military CONTROLS the weather and causes storms, earthquakes, etc.

Go ahead let the troops enter your houses. Then in a few months when you get "notices" in the mail saying you're going to jail for this and that, then you are on your own buddy.

You probably think that the global economic crisis is also random too huh?
Or that Israel attacks Gaza to "prevent" homemade rocket attacks?

Haha,
Good Luck!

"Never underestimate the stupidity of people!"

Whoever said that was a genius.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Oh it's all linked now is it? HAARP, Israel Gaza conflict AND the economic crisis?
Whodathunkit?!

I hope HAARP fires up a big fat meteorite and drop it on your house with you in it and put you out of your misery.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Nothing to worry about Bobbylove, they are only there to save lives, not take over them.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If Kentucky is as bad as it was in Missouri last year when the same sort of storm hit or as bad as southern Missouri right now I would hope they were helping. But guess what Kentucky got hit harder, not just a hundred thousand or so homes without power but several hundred homes without power. Not only homes but businesses as well. And guess what the roads are covered with ice, toppled trees, and power lines/poles.

Also it is not like it is chilly out or even brisk; it is downright freezing hence all the ice. Walking around outside to get places is not only dangerous but impossible for some. For the past two years straight the Midwest has been hit with some heavy ice storms that kept power out for over a week in most places and ice on the ground and roads closed for just as long. Power crews are working 18 plus hours a day to restore power. The National Guard troops you think are there to spy on people are interested in nothing more than keeping the death rate lower than it is, by getting food, water or heat to those who need it. As is right now over eight have died in Missouri alone due to the weather and lack of power (you know they froze to death or died because they could not get supplies).

Even those who have supplies built stored up are not getting along well in the freezing temperatures. Having supplies does little for you when you are frozen. Not to mention what about the families that have very small children, you cannot use fuel burning heaters indoors because they put out harmful and deadly gases. Sorry but I would personally rather my family be able to be transported to a place where it is warm than to see my child freeze to death. This is a state and people working together to help and save as many as possible.

As others have said not everything is a conspiracy and not everything that the government does is evil. I read more and more posts everyday that makes be believe some people really should be on medication of some sort or at least seeking counseling.

BTW here are a few shots taken by someone here in southern Missouri to let you see how much ICE there is.

Again this is just southern Missouri, Kentucky got much worse. What you see there is about 3-4 inches of ice, nothing but ice.

That is also taken from mostly inside the city/town; imagine if you can how difficult it would be for an elderly/handicapped person to get around in that without someone coming and helping them.

My area while still getting only 2-3 inches of ice and five more of snow got off easy compared to last year’s storm.

Raist

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
And why do you ALL think this is a "natural" storm / disaster?

Clearly, none of you have heard of HAARP where the Military CONTROLS the weather and causes storms, earthquakes, etc.

Go ahead let the troops enter your houses. Then in a few months when you get "notices" in the mail saying you're going to jail for this and that, then you are on your own buddy.

You probably think that the global economic crisis is also random too huh?
Or that Israel attacks Gaza to "prevent" homemade rocket attacks?

Haha,
Good Luck!

"Never underestimate the stupidity of people!"

Whoever said that was a genius.

No... I said natural disasters were part of nature.

See... in this area we have what is called seasons. In these "seasons" the weather changes. We are lucky enough to have four seasons. We have spring, summer, fall, winter. In spring, everything thaws out and warms up and the life cycle begins again...new growth everywhere, usually kind of rainy and still a little chilly..but warming up. Then we have summer, it gets hot in summer time. There are beautiful thunderstorms and electrical storms and the summer rains are always fun... the tsunami like downpour for 10 minutes then sunshine. We often have a week of summer where temperatures are above 100 f. Then there is fall. The colors change and is a pretty site... the weather cools off, great football weather. Thennn.. there is WINTER. Winter is cold. Winter snows. Winter occasionally spits out ice storms. Ice storms can wreak havoc on an outdated power grid and the communities. I am aware of HAARP... so I am aware that HAARP has nothing to do with seasons. You are not. You are just a tool. Have you ever actually been in an ice storm or bad winter storm? Are you human or are you just a mentally handicapped ape-like creature pecking away at a keyboard with your forehead?

How did you go from bad weather, to haarp, to the economic crisis, to the crisis in the Middle East?

My doctor's recommendation to you is take a good long break from ATS as I think you're going off the deep end. There is NO connection to anything sinister here. And I also am waiting on your response about whether or not there should have been National Guard sent to Katrina? Should they have let people drown? Should the National Guard have never went to Kentucky and let people freeze to death? Should they have let them freeze into popsickles so you could then say it was some sort of depopulation conspiracy? What do YOU think should have happened?

Besides, where is it that you live that you have no concept of seasons in the midwestern United States? Texas? Arizona? Or are you just really that ignorant?

Edit: thank you thank you thank you for posting those pictures ^^ ^ That looks like Ohio 5 years ago.

I won't even bother typing up what causes seasons and weather to enlighten you bobbylove, since you obviously need it, but I am DYING for you to tell me how HAARP causes the 4 seasons in the midwest?

[edit on 2-2-2009 by ImaNutter]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I should note that those photos were taken two days after the storm ended. So that would make it four days after the clean up began as clean up starts when the storm does. In other words the storm started Monday the photos were taken Thursday (of last week).

Again those were taken in southern Missouri and Kentucky got hit worse. Glad to see the OP does not want to send people help when they need it.

Raist

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I take it you don't live in one of the affected areas. I don't live in Kentucky, but we got hit very hard by the same storm. We need all the help we can get. The National Guard is more than welcome to come help with the cleanup around here if they want. There's not a tree in this town that doesn't have half the limbs torn out of it by ice. It took 5 days to restore power to our house, and I'm right in the middle of a fairly large town. The neighbors just on the other side of the street still don't have power. The outlying county has virtually no power. There are areas of NE Arkansas and SE Missouri that will not have power for four to six WEEKS, according to the electric companies...and this is with hundreds of crews now working in the region. So they're welcome to help around here if they want.

Of course, the National Guard and FEMA have been no-shows in this area, so we're pretty much on our own, it seems. No surprise. We always are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join